Become a Patron!

noob here guys, hello to you and your family...

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello guys,

i am a noob and using mod wismec rx2/3, rda twsited messes clone and dailyvape products of e-juice..
currently been vaping for about 3 weeks, trying to get use to temperature control built and how to fine tuning it but it is kinda hard to use especially with the TCR mode.

Currently using SS304 24g with 10.5 wraps, 0.27 ohm on a diameter of 2.5mm, running on 30-40 watt with pre-heat 47 watt in 0.3 second. i have tried on kanthal a1 wire normal way and twisted way.. and tried clapton on nichrome..

as long as ive been vaping and searching for the information about wires, they said SS are the best one.. but i am kinda dissapointed as soon as i built it, just today.. been built it 2 times and still not much difference in taste or anything, still kanthal is the best built yet, beside the SS ramps up pretty quick.. i dont know if i was wrong built it and use it in a wrong way, maybe someone can help with your knowledge and share it with me..

oh yeah, and english is not my main language, pardon me if the words and the sentences are difficult to understand.. cheers!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! I use SS316L myself and I really like the way it performs. Not sure how it compares to SS304 since I've never used it. The really nice thing about SS wire is you can use it in either TC or power mode.

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU! I use SS316L myself and I really like the way it performs. Not sure how it compares to SS304 since I've never used it. The really nice thing about SS wire is you can use it in either TC or power mode.

yes exactly, thats the best thing i can find yet :) tired of using TC (because i cant properly use it) just go with the power mode..

thanks @Markw4mms glad i joined VU

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yes exactly, thats the best thing i can find yet :) tired of using TC (because i cant properly use it) just go with the power mode..

thanks @Markw4mms glad i joined VU
I can't speak about the RX 2/3 as I don't have one, but most of my TC mods have been pretty easy to get set up and dialed in to give me a great vape. Not sure how warm you want your vape, but I usually run mine at around 65-70 watts pre-heat for .5 secs, and a temp of 450-550F depending on the flavor I'm vaping. This is running SS316L 24g 4mm at .24 ohms.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With such a long coil at such low wattage you're not getting an optimal ramp up time.
Maybe try a bigger ID and less wraps.

Right now I'm using a dual staple fused SS316 26/38 at 500F and 120W

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't speak about the RX 2/3 as I don't have one, but most of my TC mods have been pretty easy to get set up and dialed in to give me a great vape. Not sure how warm you want your vape, but I usually run mine at around 65-70 watts pre-heat for .5 secs, and a temp of 450-550F depending on the flavor I'm vaping. This is running SS316L 24g 4mm at .24 ohms.

its okay about my RX 2/3 i will figure it out as time goes by so does the knowledge about vaping. what kind of flavor do you use on 450-550F, does it taste fruity when it goes 450 or creamy ? i am not sure i like the TC set up, when i tune to 235C which is around 450F it just ramps for a few sec and if i go higher temp it has burnt taste... any idea? do i make mistake when building it? do i wrap too much? im trying to find the sweet spot..

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With such a long coil at such low wattage you're not getting an optimal ramp up time.
Maybe try a bigger ID and less wraps.

Right now I'm using a dual staple fused SS316 26/38 at 500F and 120W

i am sorry but what is bigger ID means? is the diameter?
dual staple fused SS316 26/38 how much is the resistance?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ID stands for Inner Diameter.
My coils are 0.15 so 0.3 for each.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My coils are completely different then yours.
For 24 I'd suggest building dual coils 3mm ID around 8 wraps and raise the wattage and temp as needed.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU! :D

Personally I like SS in Power Mode much better than TC. The property of SS wire makes the ohms increase as it heats, makes it difficult to dial it in.
If anything a Mod with TFR adjustability works better with SS in YC.

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! :D

Personally I like SS in Power Mode much better than TC. The property of SS wire makes the ohms increase as it heats, makes it difficult to dial it in.
If anything a Mod with TFR adjustability works better with SS in YC.

Thanks! :D
some say, i have to locked in the ohm first when i am going to use TC and it will work properly.. honestly, sometimes it goes way hotter than the temp desired..
what do you mean by YC?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
what kind of flavor do you use on 450-550F, does it taste fruity when it goes 450 or creamy ?

I vape mostly custard and bakery flavors. I have found that some of my juices loose some flavor nuances at higher temps, some don't, you just have to try different temps and find what works best for you. There is no hard and fast rules for what works best temperature wise.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape mostly custard and bakery flavors. I have found that some of my juices loose some flavor nuances at higher temps, some don't, you just have to try different temps and find what works best for you. There is no hard and fast rules for what works best temperature wise.

ahh i see.. yes, i should find out myself which is works best for me.. usually i am vaping with much more creamy taste, never tried any bakery flavors i am kinda curious. What is the brand of the e-juice? in my country the brewers usually go as simple as creamy taste, or fruity..

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My coils are completely different then yours.
For 24 I'd suggest building dual coils 3mm ID around 8 wraps and raise the wattage and temp as needed.

i built with 3mm ID and 8 wraps of SS wire, running on 0.27ohm pre-heat 57W 0.3 sec, 42.8W. Still going up for the Watt trying to figure out.. thanks this built is much more better than before.. cheers!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When deciding on the wattage range you like I suggest you turn off pre heat which will only confuse you, decide on the wattage you like, then turn pre heat back on and set it a bit higher then that.

epemullen

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When deciding on the wattage range you like I suggest you turn off pre heat which will only confuse you, decide on the wattage you like, then turn pre heat back on and set it a bit higher then that.

copy that sir!
thanks

VU Sponsors