Become a Patron!

Noob question about mixing by weight and drops.

would it make a lot of difference in the taste if i were to mix in 10ml, with the flavors added by drops while the PG/VG by weight? the reason for this is that at 10ml mix by weight requires a lot more flavors compared to by drops(even when the drops per ml set to 20) and im a little tight at the moment so every drop counts! lol

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing wrong with mixing by drops, BUT, be sure to see how many drops/ml you're actually getting from your droppers. Many of my bottles are 33 drops/ml, and some even more. I think it's only the glass droppers (some) that give you 20 drops/ml!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get much better results flavor-wise when going by weight rather than trying to go by drops. Best results is when I mix up a batch of the flavor and then use that to make my eliquid.

For example, if recipe is flavor1 at 2%, flavor2 at 3%, and flavor3 at 2%, then the total is 7% and the ratio is 2/3/2. So, put in a spare bottle, say, 2grams of flav1, 3 grams of flav2, and 2 grams flav 3. Then use that solution to mix into your 10ml eliquid, using 7% (0.7g if final results is going to be 10ml). Of course, that's only best if it's a recipe that's already been fine-tuned to your liking.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried drops once. Results are hard to repeat. Outside of "one drop" measurement of thing like koolada and AP I mix by weight at the 15ml size. Generally I get a weight reading on measurements of 0.25-.75% at that size of a bottle.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've always used drops. I bought a bunch of bottles (all the same), and transferred my flavorings into them. Then I counted the drops. It's easier that way for me.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use drops quite a bit but like Amanda mentioned, you do need to know your dropper size - how many drops from it make up a ml or a gram and adjust accordingly. I do pull out the scale for larger mixes however ... I only have so many fingers and toes. :D

VU Sponsors