Become a Patron!

Noob question about steep time and fruits

heineken

Member For 3 Years
Will adding fruit flavors into a mix that had finished its steep time require additional steep time? I had the impression that fruits didn't need time to steep, but it might be different if added into creams, yoghurts and such instead of plain base, regardless of whether the cream/yoghurt/custard was initially ready to vape or not before adding fruit?

Trying to tweak the Lost Fog yoghurt more to my liking, but instead of dampening the "yoghurt", the fruit flavor just seems to mute with the tiniest amounts of strawberry, sweetener and ice added. Thinking it might be an idea to just let it sit for a day or two and see what happens. Is that likely to help?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depending on the flavoring and what is is made with determines the time for infusion. You can also speed the process by heating to just under 150°F by simply lacing it in a pan of hot water and keep changing it a couple of times. I have also used an Incandescent bulb in a desk lamp to keep it warm at just over 100°F for a couple of days. Good Luck

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It sounds like you’re oversweetening. Strawberry already has sweetener in it and commercial juices use an amazing amount. You shouldn’t have to steep it more....fruits don’t usually need more than 24 hours....but the muting will probably keep happening.

VU Sponsors