Become a Patron!

Noobish tank/mod compatibility question

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hola sounding board. First off, excuse me if my terminology is incorrect in any way. I've been researching all of this endlessly but I'm far from an expert. And onward.

Since so much of this whole deal revolves around personal taste I want to become more familiar with my preferences. It seems the best way to do that is to dive in and buy a few setups, but I'm still kinda noobish and was hoping for some direction.

My biggest worry revolves around tank and mod compatibility. After researching the net for answers the general consensus seems to be that so long as your coil build is within the limitations of your mod and your tank screws in properly then you're safe. Is this wrong? To me, it sounds too simple to be true.

Also, if you guys wouldn't mind, could you tell me which subforums are the best place to ask for mod/tank recs?

Again, my apologies for the noobishness. Hopefully I'm not asking all the wrong questions.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's what we're here for, so welcome. :wave:

A regulated mod should keep you pretty safe, but you want to use good batteries, for sure! LG and Samsung are what many of us prefer to use, if you're using a mod with replaceable batteries. If using a mod with an internal battery, then yes, pretty much fill a tank, put it on the mod and go. If using a mech mod, then your limitations are your your brain with math, and VERY GOOD batteries. Know the limitations of brain, math and batteries and you are on your way with mechs! :D

Most premade coils will tell you their recommended wattages to use.

If you're looking for recs on MTL or subohm tanks, you can check in the subtank/clearomizer area. If you want to build your own coils, then check in the general rebuildables area for RTAs.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good deal. I've currently got five Samsung 25R's that I haven't let go below 1/3 capacity. I read that this method was safer than letting them completely die.

So I'm guessing regulates mods are gonna be the way to go for now, along with prebuilt coils. I want to know this ins and outs of all of this before I start building my own.

I'm also going to order some LG batteries, namely the HD2 and HB6 series, to toy with.

Many thanks good sir. Now off to the other forums.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I own an iStick 30 but recently broke my tank (Aspire Nautilus). Long story. I've since replaced it with a Kangertech Topbox mini as my traveler and also bought a Kanger 160 Dripbox for home use.

I like them all, but my favorite by miles is the 160 Dripbox. The Topbox suffices as an on the go vape, so I was thinking about getting another drip setup. I enjoy the tinkering process and wanted to see what else was out there. Though, with as cheap as this is compared to my other hobbies I might end up with more than one. Time will tell.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh. My apologies ma'am.

Many thanks for the link inspects. I'll be sure to add it to the list.

VU Sponsors