Become a Patron!

Norseman's Review on the Dead Rabbit SQ from Hellvape

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Dead Rabbit SQ free of charge directly from Cigabuy for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

47XF7SQ.jpg

Packaging

It comes in the same packaging as the normal Dead Rabbit, the black and green one with that funky (in a good way) looking rabbit printed on the front together with the name of the RDA.

On the backside you find a feature text that explains what this RDA is intended for, as well as a content text that tells you what’s in the box. On one of the sides you find the obligatory scratch and sniff and also different social media links.

veH6Qbb.jpg

When you open the box up you will find the RDA sitting on top and beneath it you have a small box containing the spares, such as o-rings, extra post screws, 510 drip tip adapter, and tools.

T4K7YXq.jpg

The RDA
This is another Heathen and Hellvape project and it is a 22 mm, 3-piece RDA made for single coil use. It has the by now so well known rabbit ears for posts and just as in the original they work as they are supposed to, and building on this one is real easy.

xaldaap.jpg

The deck is made out of stainless and the positive post is gold plated. The juice well is however basically non existent and the barrel is what functions as a juice well of sorts. And as long as the o-rings are working as intended that should mean no leaking. Building is really easy due to the construction of the posts and wicking is easy as well.

On this one the o-rings holding the barrel doesn’t work much at all, they can’t hold the barrel and if it touches something the barrel might come off. And if there is something I can’t stand, it is bad o-rings.

FVpNJQZ.jpg

The barrel has cutouts that correspond with notches on the deck to keep the barrel in the same place at all times, and that is what saves this RDA for me since the o-rings doesn’t work at all. If it hadn’t had those cutouts and notches, this barrel would be all over the place just by touching it.

The airflow on this one is pretty good and easy to use, and it is possible to get it to be a restricted DTL vape as well as a MTL vape depending on what airflow option you go for. Besides that, the airflow is smooth and quiet and I haven’t experienced any noise with it.

IQ5ZKwB.jpg

It uses 810 drip tips and it comes with a lovely purple resin one as well as a black standard size plastic. For those of you interested in using it with 510 drip tips, it does also come with a 510 drip tip adapter and a black 510 drip tip.

UnwvcxZ.jpg

How does it perform you might wonder… Well it does deliver on flavor, it might not be the most flavorful vape I ever had, but it is still good.

Assessment
It does what it is supposed to do and you get a flavorful vape, you also got the possibility to use it as an MTL RDA. Only real gripe is the o-rings holding the barrel.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are into MTL vaping this might not be for you and I would rather go with the Berserker RDA instead due to all the airflow settings you get with it. As a single coil DTL RDA it does work as intended and I’m sure you will enjoy it.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Squonk ready
Protruding 510 (hybrid safe)
Easy to build
Resin 810 drip tip
MTL airflow holes

Cons
O-rings that hold the top cap barely works
Shallow juice well

Parameters
Width: 22 mm
Height: 24 mm without the drip tip
Silver, Gold, Flat Black, 7 color

Package includes
1 x Dead Rabbit SQ RDA
2 x 810 drip tips
1 x 510 drip tip
1 x Accessories Bag
1 x Manual

You will find it here
Dead Rabbit SQ RDA at GearBest for $29.47 or at Elementvape for $22.95 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

VU Sponsors