Become a Patron!

North Carolina Cmon n Raise Up

Sparky Spark

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started vaping before vaping was the thing to do. Since the little cartridges first came out. Now, I'm using a Hohm Slice and Cleito Exo. Could use some advice about the FSK chip. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Howdy :wave:

Surely someone who knows the ins and outs of the FSK chip will be along before too long :cloud:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it well, but there wasn't a question to answer.

Either way, that thread most likely has the answer or someone (including myself) would be able to answer whatever question may come up and get him headed in the right direction.

Sparky Spark

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know it well, but there wasn't a question to answer.

Either way, that thread most likely has the answer or someone (including myself) would be able to answer whatever question may come up and get him headed in the right direction.

Yeah, still tryin to figure out the whole kanthal temp control.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 316L or 430 stainless steel but I did run the cleito 120 for a minute and those are kanthal coils. I moved on from that tank because it was just way too much vapor for how I like to vape.

I put it in kanthal mode, locked resistance and ran it at 101 watts, it did TC pretty good but that tank just wasn't for me.

What problems are you having with it in kanthal mode?

Sparky Spark

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 316L or 430 stainless steel but I did run the cleito 120 for a minute and those are kanthal coils. I moved on from that tank because it was just way too much vapor for how I like to vape.

I put it in kanthal mode, locked resistance and ran it at 101 watts, it did TC pretty good but that tank just wasn't for me.

What problems are you having with it in kanthal mode?

Well, I did read the aforementioned article, and adjusted the fsk frequency to 3.4 and put temp at 420 . So, now the volts are locked in at 2.9, which seems low. I still have my watts high tho, and able to adjust them.

Also, I haven't installed the newest update to the fsk chip. I have a MacBook and there's a compatibility issue I'm trying to figure out, since it is for Microsoft windows

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely update, from what I hear the older versions are nowhere near as good as the latest which is the only one I have used.

Find a friend with windows or maybe your work computer?

Sparky Spark

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'm headed into work here in a bit. Thx for looking out bro! Btw, what tank are you using these days

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Merlin mini rebuildable is my all time favorite tank by far. If you don't build your own yet, you will in a short amount of time if you hang around this forum ;)

For a factory coil subohm tank, Crown 3 but that needs more power than a single battery device can be expected to push. The slice can but your battery will not last throughout a work day.

I don't use non rebuildable tanks very often so I'm probably not the guy to ask about those

Sparky Spark

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, tried the install and I don't get the update option on the installer. Wth

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot what file type but I think it is a rar file that you have to extract.

Hohmtech has a video on YouTube that walks you through it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh... also the updater is a little wonky on older windows versions. It was made for win10.

There is a work around from raymo in the G2 thread if you are using an older win version.
From the above linked users guide:
The above updaters work fine on Windows 10 and other versions of windows as well but if you are having trouble then@raymo2u has made a different version of the updater that should work:http://www.mediafire.com/file/dipubcllswo5zyn/Hohm-Wrecker-G2-Updater_Raymo_Edition_V2.rar

VU Sponsors