Become a Patron!
I wish someone had said this somewhere, I have searched the "web" and no one talks about this or has a YouTube video, so I will.
IF ANY E-JUICE GIVES YOUR NOSE PAIN OR EXCESSIVE ITCHING PLEASE STOP USING PG! SEE A DOCTOR ABOUT IT ASAP, SERIOUSLY!
(Propylene glycol - PG is a synthetic organic compound with the chemical formula C₃H₈O₂. It is a viscous colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. THIS SHIT IS MADE FROM PETROLEUM OIL.)

I always do my best to remember not to blow vape out of my nose, but from time to time I forget and do it on accident. Anyways, from months on and off I have been trying to figure which vape juice ingredient(s) are causing sharp pain in my nose, along with swelling and sometimes a tiny white head. I make my own vape juice, have for over a year now. For a long time I was sure it was the PG, so I tried making 100% VG however most of the flavors I was adding still had PG as their base to make their flavors seem stronger.

My orders came from E-cigexpress for reference. Anyways my partner still got alot of issues and I still had a few with almost all the cream-like flavors. So I stopped using all of them. The problem was still there just ALOT less. So I thought I had it all figured out, finally. I ordered 500ml of PG and was excited for the spike in flavor I was sure to experience with 50/50 mixes. I made a ton of stuff to replace my old stuff I had to dump.

Yesterday my left nostril swelled shut almost entirely due to a giant lump and is very sensitive to the touch or pressure. I am now back to believing that I am allergic to PG entirely. Meaning until I can afford (I am on a fixed income due to disabilty)to order new flavors without PG as a base, I have to keep using fluid that I know is causing severe bodily harm and pain. I won't use PG of course, but the flavors are all pg.

Perhaps I should be looking forward to the use of cremes again, and finally getting off of it all. I am sure that will hit me later, but for right now I feel like big tobacco is behind every major issue in this industry... every issue except this one. I can't really afford allergy testing and the government always denies requests for anything new on my insurance.

PETROLEUM OIL IS PROBABLY WHAT I AM ALLERGIC TOO!

Anyways I will let all of you know if anything changes, and it is not just an allergy to PG. I will also hydrate myself extra each day as that may help reduce the allergic reactions in the mean time. It would be nice to see some warning labels on flavors and ingredients which may cause allergic reactions. Most of em don't ever mention any of it, where you buy them at.

Thanks for reading. I love you, seriously I do. Maybe one day you can love me too...

PS - I made it through an entire post about the nose without saying boogers. D'OH! I just did.

PSS - Big tobacco is always talking about kids and vaping. You know what else kids are big on? The internet! You can literally order a gun in parts to build at home, but kids vaping is the real danger! (When I was a kid, yea back in the 1980s. Almost all kids smoked cigarettes and had no problems getting them. Before this thing called the "web". Are politicians that dumb? Nope they are that greedy look at all the tax they make on cigs now.)

PSSS - I am also worried about what it might be doing to my two dogs' noses, which are their lives.

PSSSS - I made too many PS's, sorry!

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most people these days can’t even check their own engine oil, let alone building a functional firearm from parts they bought online.

In any case, c*caine is one hell of a drug.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You may have an allergy. I blow my vape out of my nose most of the time.
Maybe once a week i'll get a runny nose for a little while but that's all.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chicken Little and the Sky Is Falling~!

No not all flavors are made with PG because there are vendors who offer VGD or VG Dominant flavorings.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
(Propylene glycol - PG is a synthetic organic compound with the chemical formula C₃H₈O₂. It is a viscous colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. THIS SHIT IS MADE FROM PETROLEUM OIL.)

FOOD GRADE PG is: a form of mineral oil, an alcohol produced by fermentation of yeast and carbohydrates. This gives it the designation of carbohydrate when used in foods.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT OR GO BACK TO REDDIT @BrightPRO

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe the shit he is using is made from Petroleum with what some of these people post that they bought without checking. Does it say USP?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FOOD GRADE PG is: a form of mineral oil, an alcohol produced by fermentation of yeast and carbohydrates. This gives it the designation of carbohydrate when used in foods.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT OR GO BACK TO REDDIT @BrightPRO
This.
+1

PG is used in childrens cough syrup and such things.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This.
+1

PG is used in childrens cough syrup and such things.

Also in:

Asthma inhalers, IV drug versions of valium, phenobarbital, dilantin and nitroglycerin for heart patients

And the list of foods goes on and on

Foods that contain propylene glycol: Debunking the 'antifreeze' e-liqu ...

Now I am not a proponent of PG per se and some people are indeed allergic to it, but have your facts straight before posting scare crap or if you are an ANTZ shill - get the hell out of VU and go post your shit elsewhere

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't order a gun to build at home; you can't order a gun at home - this requires an FFL.

A monkey with a lathe can cobble up a gun over a weekend, which is why so many folks gave up on having them. A criminal can still build a zipgun from spit and bailing wire. (don't even play this card, kid)

I'm not a huge fan of PG, and prefer VG. As an adult I can manage this concept. I'm not a huge fan of the Ban-hammer ala' ECF, but a blanket-party or a brisk stroll out behind the dumpster is recommended.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most people these days can’t even check their own engine oil, let alone building a functional firearm from parts they bought online.

In any case, c*caine is one hell of a drug.
Hehehe.. I can check it fine - given the way modern cars are built and the extra costs and issues about "disposal", it's cheaper for a single-guy to have a garage do the change. (I had to laugh when I had the clutch replaced - got a great quote and jumped on it.. They later muttered they should have charged more because they had to damned near remove the engine first ;-)

Any sentient gun-owner is already aware they want a dremel, a drillpress, and they lust after a mill and lathe ;->

Hello again guys and gals,

So sorry. I am not trying to scare anyone. Thanks for the trolls though!
I was just saying do not do what I do and wait to stop using PG if you are having nostril/nasal that cause you any pain. That is the only point here. I have a nostril still swollen shut. It has now grown a giant yellow tinted white head which when popped is oozing out puss. I just wish I hadn't ordered more of it after I quit the first time around.
Fear is bad. But relaying personal experiences can save someone the time and hassle. IF I can help one person, which it seems I have not, then it was worth it. I have trouble communicating in social settings, I do have aspberger's which is supposedly just autism now. I would never want to hurt anyone in anyway. I am too old for all of that stuff anymore!

Sorry to get anyone upset. Please quit PG if you have any nose issues and see if you get better. Maybe talk to your doctor about it.
Seriously, I love you guys and vaping.
I used to literally eat cigarettes out of ashtrays until I was old enough to buy my own smokes. I was born addicted. Nothing worked. Ever.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be some other ingredient in ejuice besides PG giving you grief?
I cannot vape most all of the commercial ejuice I have tried. Due to allergic reaction so some ingredient (s).
Oral, nasal, throat irritation with lung soreness are my main symptoms. And they appear with vaping under 3ml of juice if I am getting the bad contents.
And I toss around 3/4 of the flavorings I buy. Have been 100% DIY for 3 years because of my allergy and because I am a tight assed bassid.
My early warning sign when trying new flavorings is tingly lips.
And takes 2-3 days to recover after stopping using the offending flavoring.
Unless I stop because of the tingly lips warning.

VU Sponsors