╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's o

You need to see a massage therapist. Between spinal meningitis and crushing l2 and l3 in a motorcycle wreck and countless other wrecks, I was a mess a couple years after I quit racing bikes. I had a pinched nerve that almost cost me my left arm (I'm a lefty) and doctors said there wasn't much they could do... My girlfriend is a massage therapist and she patched me up pretty good. I still know I've put myself through the wringer, but my arm works again and I can do pretty much anything I want to. She also fixed up a friend that supposedly had a spinal disease since he was a kid, over 20 years on disability and now he is able to work for the first time in his adult life. Screw doctors, massage and holistic medicine is way better.
I do see one, just not often enough. It is the one thing my insurance does not cover and the little old Chinese lady I see does not come cheap. I go twice a month, she wants me to come 3 times weekly for 6 months, then back to twice monthly maintenance and I know she is right. Everything except the left knee and hip feels better for about a week after I see her. There is no fixing the knee and hip other than replacement. I've had no cartilage in the knee since I was 16, so it is shot, and the left hip was the impact point from the car and there is major trauma to the ball joint.

When my son reaches school age in a couple years and I'm not paying out the ass for a very advanced, structured daycare, I plan to increase my visits to the MT. For now budget only allows twice a month at $140\visit for two hours.

The little old lady is amazing though. On my first visit to her, without me telling her anything other than I had full body pain, she was able to find the root cause of the sacroiliac nerve within five minutes. It took doctors 3 years to come to that conclusion. She is a tiny little thing but uses her elbows, knees, toes, forearms, etc. with amazing mastery. In addition to being a licensed MT she has a Phd. in Anatomy and Physiology.

Come on lotto win! lol

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do see one, just not often enough. It is the one thing my insurance does not cover and the little old Chinese lady I see does not come cheap. I go twice a month, she wants me to come 3 times weekly for 6 months, then back to twice monthly maintenance and I know she is right. Everything except the left knee and hip feels better for about a week after I see her. There is no fixing the knee and hip other than replacement. I've had no cartilage in the knee since I was 16, so it is shot, and the left hip was the impact point from the car and there is major trauma to the ball joint.

When my son reaches school age in a couple years and I'm not paying out the ass for a very advanced, structured daycare, I plan to increase my visits to the MT. For now budget only allows twice a month at $140\visit for two hours.

The little old lady is amazing though. On my first visit to her, without me telling her anything other than I had full body pain, she was able to find the root cause of the sacroiliac nerve within five minutes. It took doctors 3 years to come to that conclusion. She is a tiny little thing but uses her elbows, knees, toes, forearms, etc. with amazing mastery. In addition to being a licensed MT she has a Phd. in Anatomy and Physiology.

Come on lotto win! lol

You found a good one. That's how my girlfriend was with me. Rubbed on me a few min, then told me what my main problems were and went to town.

For the knee and hip, well, I used growth hormones. Not legal in the US, but I wasn't in the US at the time. I went from needing tendon replacement in my knee to my doctor swearing he must have swapped mri with someone else in 6 months. From walking with a cane to 100%. Fixed my ankle that had no cartalidge, shoulder that was the same and all the fingers on my right hand started working too. Did I mention I was beat all to hell? I've raced something since I was in my early teens and have broken a lot of stuff...

VU Sponsors