Become a Patron!

Not new, but requesting help regardless

drkPu1se

Member For 4 Years
I've been involved with vaping for a couple of years now, so I'm by no means new to vaping. However, I have friends who like to call me an elitist jerk. I don't know why they would call me that. The only thing that comes to mind is that I prefer dripping and I don't care for small time tanks like the T3S or likewise.

With that aside, this is my request for you guys. The lovely lady I can call my own is actually very interested in vaping. She loves my setups and getups and juices, however I tend to over do it with goods (.2 ohms roughly at 80-100 watts) and wants to get into it as well. I want to show her the world of vaping, but I don't want to come across as an "elitist jerk". See my dilemma? I do not want to scare her away from vaping because of something as petty as that. What should I start her off?

I know she likes clouding, but can't handle too much. Certain blends in even an Atlantis is too much for her, despite it being pretty rare.

Thank you y'all. I appreciate you guys even reading, more so with tips and good directions.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Chasing clouds is something you have to get used to. Most new people to it, gag and cough for the first while.

If she can handle a sub tank, start her there. You can always start at lower watts and work up.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can give her one of your set ups, build it until she is comfortable, get a few juices in all ratio's and get to it until she says, aww babe your the best I love blowing clouds with you!!! WELCOME!!!!!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I did is basically build up a set up and just give it to the person. Then maintain it for them until they get the hang of it. Show them the way

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I did is basically build up a set up and just give it to the person. Then maintain it for them until they get the hang of it. Show them the way
(Give her a other reason to come over your house for a coil building session and whatever after..)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree, I don't see how high watt vaping makes you an "elitist" ....I started at 6 watts in a T2 and still vape 12 watts in a Kayfun, 25 in a subtank, and around 60 on my drippers...but even the coolest of .2ish builds are uncomfortable the first time you hit them if you've never come anywhere close to that amount of vapor....

for lack of a better analogy it's kinda like boiling lobster, gotta slowly turn up the temp....I started literally at .9 and as it wasn't enough for me I worked my way down to .24 where I seem to be holding happily....I am talking about dripping on mechs of course. If she's good with a subtank than build her a .5 rig and then .45 and so on....like dre said,,,, give her a reason to come over ;)

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had no choice in the matter... I am one of the unlucky few that are unable to withstand pg.. Another variable as well is I for 27 pain staking years smoked 5 packs a day sooo. Lol rather a high nic level I chose to go more heat....Being an enthusiast comes from FINALLY finding a way to quite smoking. I hope this helps shed some light

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I had no choice in the matter... I am one of the unlucky few that are unable to withstand pg.. Another variable as well is I for 27 pain staking years smoked 5 packs a day sooo. Lol rather a high nic level I chose to go more heat....Being an enthusiast comes from FINALLY finding a way to quite smoking. I hope this helps shed some light

eh, you fit in here.. looking forward to the rest of this story :)

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I for 27 pain staking years smoked 5 packs a day sooo.

I had to do the math to see if that was even possible. Assuming 7 minute cigarettes, 6 hours a night of sleep, and hour or so of misc. stuff like sex, showering, and eating, you can do it.. Wow, you must have always had a cigarette going and didn't get much fresh air.

I am glad you found vaping.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did construction most my life plus having multiple jobs to raise kids on my own

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol it was so bad when I personally started vaping, I was vaping 36mg nic. Dripping on a .8 ohm built on a little boy and my authentic nemesis. Yes I know what you are thinking ... Is that even possible. I a sure you it is true. I am now running a .3 ohm duel coil on my darkhorse.I have in two years lowered my nic to 1.5 mils. To a 60 ml bottle ...... So like a 7-8 mg I think. Never messed with tanks yet but want a subtank of sorts. Needless to say I feel I have come a long long ways in two years not smoking what I like to refer to as the paper penis. Cigs. Lol.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did construction most my life plus having multiple jobs to raise kids on my own
Sounds like a lot of those cigarettes were burning up in an ash tray with that schedule.

Just goes to show how different we all are. Even after smoking for decades, I don't think I could have ever tolerated even a few hits of 36mg. Whether you chain vape, french inhale, take huge lung hits and hold it in, etc. all makes a huge difference in nic level needs. I think everyone eventually gravitates to their happy dose that matches up to their vaping style.

You must be saving a ton of money with vaping. At least ecigs don't waste juice while you are working.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol no I never used to smoke in the house.I was rather working on a sight(outside) CIG in mouth doing what I needed or out on the beach playing with the kids . as far as time with the wife and I that was all in passing for the most part growing up in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale region . moved to god awful west Virginia in 05 and hating every minute of it other then finally quitting cigs ....I can actually run like I did back in high school on the track .(training with my oldest daughter) all in all I feel great. I feel like I have given my kids a great blessing. I feel like I have gotten another chance with them unlike I would have given them had I continued smoking

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The best part of it all is getting a good laugh when non vapers see me throw a dust cloud. Actually had on guy and girl about come unglued after hitting my box mod outside of a local store saying " did that come from him, did he do that?" Hahahaha

drkPu1se

Member For 4 Years
I really appreciate all of your help friends. I took the lady friend to a brick and mortar shop and she really liked the looks of the kbox with the Arctic tank. She hasn't put it down since! I really should've been more active and what not, but I've been... Preoccupied with a happy girl lol. Lemme tell you guys... That arctic really kicks ass!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really appreciate all of your help friends. I took the lady friend to a brick and mortar shop and she really liked the looks of the kbox with the Arctic tank. She hasn't put it down since! I really should've been more active and what not, but I've been... Preoccupied with a happy girl lol. Lemme tell you guys... That arctic really kicks ass!
Good Choice. Plus you can rebuild the heads with vertical coils, organic cotton pads, and 22 Gauge Kanthal!

VU Sponsors