1. FLASH: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM IS OPEN TO VU MEMBERS - BETA TESTING

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

Not new to vaping but...

Discussion in 'Help I have questions!' started by EDL, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:07 PM.

1. EDL

EDL

Blog Posts:
    Hello,

I'm not new to vaping, but it has been quite some time since I vaped. I've been a smoker most of my adult life and I'm now to the point I seriously want to quit. My plan is to use nicotine patches and vape zero nicotine juice to help with the "drag" habit (plus I like the taste).

My last vape unit was a eleaf istick with a kanger tank. The eleaf eventually died and I hated the tank because it was messy and leaked a lot.

Anyway, since I've been out of vaping for so long I've not kept up with the technology and all the various tanks and such that are available now. I've tried to do some reading and watch videos, but it's a bit overwhelming these days.

I think at this point I want an Aegis X mod (I like the size and the big screen, my old eyes don't see the small screens too well), but I have no idea what tank to get. I do have a few requirements and I'm hoping someone can make a recommendation.

1. I'm not looking to exhale Mount Vesuvius volumes of vape, I'm mostly interested in good flavor.
    2. I don't want a tank that I have to run at high wattage, preferably 50 watts or less.
    3. I want one with available prebuilt coils that are easy to change, I don't want to have to sit and build coils.
    4. It must NOT leak!
    5. I'd like a generous amount of liquid volume (5-6ml)
    6. It must be easy to fill.

Any recommendations?

dubya314 and Vape Fan like this.
  2. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I use rebuildables and for example I run a .13 mesh at 30-32W, and a .21-.23 dual coil at 55-60W.
    For 50W or less, check the assortment of resistances for the coils of a proposed tank. Coils already built are pretty cheap these days. A single coil RTA would be easy to do and easy to hit your desired vape within the wattage you want,,,but if you don't want that I understand.

Do you have married pairs of batteries for the X, and a charger?

5150sick likes this.
  3. EDL

EDL

Blog Posts:
    I have a charger and batteries, got them from my son along with an older wismec reuleaux after my eleaf died, but I don't like it, too big, bulky, heavy and a tiny screen. I also have some older Steam Crave tank which sucks. It leaks and it's a PIA to build the coils. I really don't like the whole coil building thing. Just want one that has prebuilt coils available at a decent price that I can just stick in it and go.

My son has a Voopoo Drag (the original one) and he just put a Valyrian II tank on it. It vapes pretty well, but I think that tank is over kill for me. It takes a fair bit of wattage to run right, but other than that, I like everything else about it, it doesn't leak, easy to fill, the flavor seems good, but it does make some pretty hefty clouds, which I don't really care about. Something along the lines of that tank, but with coils that are suited for 35-45 watts would be good. I don't really have anything against running at 60-80 or more watts, or what have you, other than it just burns through juice faster (which also means big clouds). I tried his setup at his wattage (he runs at 105) and it choked me, lol. He turned it down to around 60, but it was just too cool and not a lot of flavor (that's a big coil in that tank).

Would like a brand/model of a tank that suits my needs/wants. Saying get an "RTA" doesn't help me :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 1:18 AM
    dubya314 likes this.
  4. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    It depends on the coil he is using.
    If he is using the 0.14 ohm one you may be able to use the 0.32 ohm coil in it at lower wattage.

upload_2020-2-14_4-8-53.png

dubya314 and Vape Fan like this.
  5. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Some sub ohms are compatible with coils from other makers. It will take a little digging to find out.
    These would be worth a look:
    .23 - .34 coils
    https://vapenw.com/products/sense-screen-tank?variant=19099112964153

Has a .5Ω
    https://vapordna.com/products/freemax-fireluke-2-mesh-sub-ohm-tank

Don’t know about this one, .4Ω and top AF so no leaking.
    https://vapordna.com/products/freemax-fireluke-2-mesh-sub-ohm-tank

Not the highest capacity but easy to fill, and a plethora of coils fit it from 3 other manufacturers besides its own.
    https://vapordna.com/products/hellvape-hellbeast-tank-24mm-sub-ohm-tank

dubya314 likes this.
  6. EDL

EDL

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, had a look at those. I think the hellbeast looks to be a good choice. I like that it can change between mouth-to-lung and direct to lung just by changing the coils and also the air flow choices are nice. Yeah, liquid capacity is a little low, but I think I can live with that. Based on your list, I think I'll go with the hellbeast.

Did some more reading and the top air flow, eh...it says less flavor because you aren't drawing air across the whole coil. I'll try the hellbeast and see how it goes. If I find it doesn't work for me, then i can try something else later.

Thanks again!

7. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Let us know how it works out.
    And a pic of the set-up would be cool.
    Here maybe, or anywhere :)
    http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-handcheck-thread.733/page-494

There's a vape mail thread too !
    http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-vape-mail-thread-2.504622/page-66

MyMagicMist, MrMeowgi and dubya314 like this.
  8. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    From a different perspective, I don't use tanks but @Vape Fan 's suggestions are right on the ball. I too would have chosen the Hellavape if given that as a suggestion. The other one I might try is the Freemax.

As I said I do not use tanks. If I decided to do that I'd give @Vape Fan 's suggestions priority and not simply because I consider them a friend. They know about vaping and keep proving that in the help they offer others.

Vape Fan likes this.
  9. Salva_J€

Salva_J€

Blog Posts:
    If you don't want to make setups for a RTA (coils, wicking cotton,. ), you can consider to use a Sub Ohm Tank claromizer.
    e. g. HorizonTech Falcon King or Freemax Fireluke 2.

I'm now using the Uforce 2 with a 0.40 ohm, I like to vape at 50 watts. But I'm going to move to the Fireluke 2 with a mesh of 0.50 ohm.

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk