Become a Patron!

not precut skins ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
does anyone know where to get skins that are not precut ? like a 1x1' square piece or something like that.
I know about car wrap, I have some 3d Kevlar, but I am getting tired of that.
I'm thinking camo, skulls, lightning, idk.

if you have a skin/s, lets see em.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would love to find a black or ss colored skin for my T-Priv. I think that would rock. Don't know where to look though.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saw the title and thought, Foreskin?

You may want to email jwraps. They might be able to sell you some

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the title and thought, Foreskin?

You may want to email jwraps. They might be able to sell you some
You say they. I thought it was one rapper name Jay. I know this isn't Jay but humor me for effort
073423d5c7dd36a46b4e5dd4a6c74f92.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would love to find a black or ss colored skin for my T-Priv. I think that would rock. Don't know where to look though.

if you can/want to cut them yourself. go on ebay and search "car wrap".

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you can/want to cut them yourself. go on ebay and search "car wrap".
Maybe for a mod that was a sold frame, but with the T-Priv having the lights it does, I doubt I could make it look good LOL

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hondas lancer and Toyota dont that's for sure.

lol

yeah CF is nice and all. but there is such a thing as "to much of a good thing". maybe I will try some of the shiny CF.

one problem finding what I want = ebay, their search is shitty. they steer towards stuff 'they'' want you to buy, not necessarily what is wanted. if your don't "know' what you want, and specifically search for it, it may never be found. and sometimes the theory behind "searching" is to find what you don't know is there.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, I am kind of on to something. cell phone and laptop skins. but they are kind of pricy.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, I am kind of on to something. cell phone and laptop skins. but they are kind of pricy.
I got a woodgrain from dbrand. Com for my last phone. 25 bucks but it was actual wood

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I got a woodgrain from dbrand. Com for my last phone. 25 bucks but it was actual wood

there is actual real wood tape. its not actually tape. its made to cover the ends of cut wood. idk just how wide this wood tape comes, I know 3/4", but not sure if they have wider. but I bet they do. and then there is fuax wood tape, for the same thing.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
its called "edge banding". this is the faux stuff. but i'l tell ya, it looks basicly real.
this is mine. and they are a few other colors, probably more than I know.
this is 15/16"

IMG_3315.JPG

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its called "edge banding". this is the faux stuff. but i'l tell ya, it looks basicly real.
this is mine. and they are a few other colors, probably more than I know.
this is 15/16"

View attachment 131113
That's a pretty interesting idea actually. If really like to find a good glossy black skin. With the red lights will be like K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider. Just thought of it. That would be freaking AWESOME!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was wrong, I thought it was tape. but it needs to be glued on.
AND
I could be wrong, but it think that is real wood.

also, on topic. there is duct tape. don't laugh, there are many patterns on duct tape.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a pretty interesting idea actually. If really like to find a good glossy black skin. With the red lights will be like K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider. Just thought of it. That would be freaking AWESOME!

That's a good idea...
cde61e17e90ab9d6e6f187d4c1bf4c1d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hay Manny, is that peeling off up top ?

another question = the skins, how easy are they to install and remove ?
Those skins before installing the surface gets wiped with alcohol..... Second make sure no air bubbles are trapped below the skin.

Warm it up with a hair dryer as you press into place.....

If it's 3M it will last a year plus and to peel off it's difficult to..... Specially if you install a skin from Zapwrapz.com

https://zapwrapz.com
c1b2d917ba3095ca45b6d92a29151658.jpg
93a7b32e15fb8f39ec7381777088c233.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't peel off if properly installed...I bought a square foot for $10 bucks and cut and stick.....
05acaa4f832f4ecce9c0d33ae36823ca.jpg
c318c231ce6730a2b21cb638992973fc.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TJs and Marshall’s stores usually have phone screen covers for cheap. I was thinking of doing the same thing until I found Vape Skinz
Sara what happened to your beautiful woody...... You abandoned us in the Woody thread.....

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want other options besides car wraps and just want smaller pieces with unusual designs maybe try someplace like amazon. Search for notebook or laptop skins, same basic stuff. Maybe not quite as heavy duty as auto vinyl wrap but vinyl wrap with a myriad of designs. I mean if you're planning to cut your own out of it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you want other options besides car wraps and just want smaller pieces with unusual designs maybe try someplace like amazon. Search for notebook or laptop skins, same basic stuff. Maybe not quite as heavy duty as auto vinyl wrap but vinyl wrap with a myriad of designs. I mean if you're planning to cut your own out of it.

yeah, that's a great idea !

VU Sponsors