Become a Patron!

Not so great Vandy Vape Pulse 24, great Kindbright Sherman Clone

SniffingKrylon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well if you hadn't figured it out by now, this is about my Pulse 24 RDA and my Kindbright Sherman Clone RTA. I bought the Sherman Clone about a year ago and the thing was and still is a beast. I used it for 8 months every day, never a problem with it. Well, that is once you get used to refilling it, which happens to be a lot because it's a juice guzzler. I cleaned it up and put it away to try out an RDA. Of all the RDA's I chose one that was decently priced, looked good and seemed to please everyone who reviewed the thing, even one of my degenerate friends recommended it. So I pulled the trigger, I got it and set my Sherman Clone aside to try RDA's.

At first I was happy with it. I mean, the thing is nice, at least by my standards. I really liked the deck and how easy it was to build on it. Compared to the Sherman the deck felt huge. The Sherman is huge but with the dome over the deck it's a tight fit when you have to build coils around 4mm id to compensate for the huge juice wells. (Not complaining, i love the juice flow on that thing and how great massive coils look on it). So yeah, construction on the pulse felt great and the thing vaped exceptionally. About 2 months of vaping it it began to taste a little like metal, I thought it was my coils, changed them, thought it was my juices, bought new ones and tried different metals for coils to see if anything helped but nothing worked. Then my Predator took a dump on me (no surprise there but I loved the thing, and it's not as bad as they say, I abused that thing for 8 months and dropped it all the time. Lol) I thought, maybe that mod had something to do with it, i was wrong.

So I waited a couple weeks for a cheap Clone broadside I regret buying (but that's another story). While I waited I cleaned out the Pulse so no juice would stick and gunk up, dried it and set it on my desk to be used upon the arrival of my new mod. The day arrives, the mailman drops the mod in to my mailbox, I run and grab it head inside and sit at my desk and wrap up a couple claptons. I grab the pulse, open it up and to my surprise the thing rusted up a bit. (Should have taken pics of that) Mind you, I dried it before I closed it up and even so it stayed in open air. I thought, what ever, surface rust, let me clean it off. As I cleaned it I find it made a little pits in some spots and a decent sized one on the top cap and the gold plating was flaking off the deck. I figure, screw it, I'll give it a go, I threw my build on there and gave it a vape and Holy Shit it was terrible. It tasted like I licked a penny.. or a turd.

At this point I'm thinking to myself, if my "authentic" RDA is like this how must my Clone be?! I'm upset at the thought that my Sherman must be ruined too but to my surprise, it's spotless. No gunk, no rust, nothing. Just pure clean stainless steel. Happy, happy, joy, joy! Except I had to buy a new mod that could fit it because the Sherman on the tube mod looks and feels terrible, plus that mod was a turd with a battery in it. So now I paired my turds together and use them as a paper weight, and I threw the Sherman on a ravage230, can you tell I miss my predator?

Moral of the story, just because it's a Clone doesn't mean it's bad quality, and just because it's authentic doesn't mean it's good quality. Here are a couple pics. You can't really see the pitting since I take pics on my phone but they're there, and so is that terrible metal flavor I haven't tasted since I switched back to the Sherman. That Pulse is a POS.

That spot on the top cap was the biggest pit the rust left on the thing. That was in 2 weeks of sitting.

d781c5402bd42cce6c73e4576e41ed71.jpg

The turds.

ae1cc5573b272e1b2bd22433b92d512b.jpg

This is after about 3 months of sitting, nothing like the pulse. And no real cleaning, just wet it to get the dust off.

91b6e9f8ab0bc533013fd86a6d850edf.jpg

I love this tank, looks sweet on the new Ravage too.

0ee924806ec032d653d8b5a41af58cfa.jpg

If you actually read this all, I salute you. I probably wouldn't have read it myself. Lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Read it all .....nom nom nom :popcorn::cheers:

Hmmm first I’ve heard of rusting on the pulse did you do an authenticity check on it? Make sure it was one of theirs? Not saying it is a clone but worth double checking .... haven’t got one myself

have read the clones of the Sherman are really decent quality though glad you still enjoy it!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a pulse for 6 months or so.. juice in it non stop and it has zero change in how it looks. This looks just like a goon clone I had so either you got a bad batch, or this is a clone pulse. Looks like a sweet Sherman clone though! I have an authentic Sherman rda and it's legit. Great flavor and built super solid.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SniffingKrylon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah kingpin!, i checked, it's authentic. maybe it was a bad batch like pizzadave80 said because my buddy's is still good too. Crap luck I guess. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors