1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Nutty Flavors Need to Steep for a While, Don't They...

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by The Vape Crusader, Feb 19, 2017.

1. The Vape Crusader

The Vape Crusader Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Bit of a n00b question, but after all, that's what I am right now.

I know all ejuice is gonna get better with time, but some I can vape fresh and it's quite good, while others result in some very "chemically" aftertaste...

So far, the two flavors responsible for this are my Fa Almond Amaretto and my Fa Pecan... granted the pecan is mixed with Fa Butter but... I dunno... it's definitely not ready to vape fresh...

So I didn't create a disaster, right? I just need to give these flavors some time I presume.

Wisdom appreciated.

2. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I guess I wasn't aware of the FA Pecan, unless it's from their kitchen line of flavors. Never had an issue with the Almond, Nut Mix, or Walnut.

3. Heabob

Heabob Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like Flavor apprentice(Fa), not (FA) Flavourart.

TFA Pecan is quite strong IMO.
    Might have used too much.
    Might need some Cream and/or Vanilla added to soften it out a bit.

4. The Vape Crusader

Blog Posts:
    That's possible I suppose. But it's only those two... Maybe I should ask NicRiver?

5. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Both of those are TFA as FA doesn't have those flavors. We use TFA for The Flavor Apprentice and FA for FlavourArt to avoid confusion. I know TFA has a Fa logo on their bottles, probably to provide said confusion...

6. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    totally to provide said confusion.

Markw4mms, misswish and gopher_byrd like this.
  7. The Vape Crusader

Blog Posts:
    The bittersweet chocolate is doing this to me too now... in addition to the pecan and the almond amaretto. all are TFA...

TFA
    TFA
    TFA

Anyway... :teehee:

I dunno... I feel like I can't taste these at 5%... maybe some sucralose sweetener would help?

8. Rin Vapes

Rin Vapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sweetener will just make it sweet... Its not going to change or enhance the flavor.

Recommended percentage for almond amaretto (TFA) is between 2-10% with a median of 4%. Maybe it's too high at 5% for you?
    TFA Pecan is recommended between 0.5% and 5%... So again... maybe you mixed it too strong.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  9. nightshard

nightshard It's VG/PG not PG/VG VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Don't know which chocolate you're referring to but I wouldn't use any TFA or FA chocolate at 5%, maybe 2-3%

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    The Vape Crusader likes this.
  10. The Vape Crusader

Blog Posts:
    Have taken this advice directly... I "watered down" my amaretto by half, and made a little 2% tester for the pecan.

Saaaaame result. Some absolutely acrid, intolerable chemical flavor. DEFINITELY contacting Nic River on this.

I should go back on the bittersweet chocolate. That's doing better now with a week's time.

11. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Not all flavorings are great flavorings. It might just be the ones you chose. If you're talking TFA Pecan, it's an odd one, difficult to mix with.

Just Frank and RonJS like this.
  12. The Vape Crusader

Blog Posts:
    well, NicRiver has offered to replace them... but I dunno... I might get the same result.

13. Heabob

Blog Posts:
    inspects likes this.
  14. The Vape Crusader

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, Incidentally I have the FA Hazelnut, and am getting a little bottle of that Acetyl Pyrazine to try out as well.

Something tells me that these new bottles are gonna be exactly the same, and my purchase will have amounted to four very expensive 60mL PET Bullet Bottles :teehee:

15. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Well an advanced warning. That AP smells like corn chips, straight up. It's normal. Mix with it LOW, unless you want to vape corn chips. I've only ever liked one vape that contained it, and it was used at 0.2% I wouldn't take it over 1%.

Heabob, RonJS, inspects and 1 other person like this.
  16. Heabob

Blog Posts:
    Um, your not buying 60ml bottles of untried flavorings I hope...

Markw4mms and Huckleberried like this.
  17. Just Frank

Just Frank Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I got TFA Pecan in one of my first orders. I tried it ONCE. It turned out horrid. I used 5% and it tasted like mosquito repellent.

Huckleberried likes this.
  18. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    LOL. I never got good results with it. Not even sure I still have that one, but wow it was odd.

Just Frank likes this.