Become a Patron!

OBS Engine Nano

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone gives this a whirl I'd like to hear their thoughts, good or bad.

I was going to change the blue Raz to an rda but I might leave it now. Gonna check the paper towel again next time it's ready for a refill.
I tried this out today using a small piece of cotton bacon and it definitely cuts down on the turbulence. I now have the airflow wide open whereas before it was slightly closed. I find it much more restricted than before but it's a new coil and cotton so it's getting worked in. I prefer the lower turbulence but I'm not sure yet if I like the restricted airflow. Neat idea!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried this out today using a small piece of cotton bacon and it definitely cuts down on the turbulence. I now have the airflow wide open whereas before it was slightly closed. I find it much more restricted than before but it's a new coil and cotton so it's getting worked in. I prefer the lower turbulence but I'm not sure yet if I like the restricted airflow. Neat idea!
Thanks for the feedback Jr! The restricted airflow is certainly noticeable. Even more after hitting an rda. I've been hitting my goon all night and about twenty minutes ago picked the restricted nano and started taking hits off it and thought " WTF "? Threw me off for the few tugs after being used to hitting the goon. :giggle:

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the feedback Jr! The restricted airflow is certainly noticeable. Even more after hitting an rda. I've been hitting my goon all night and about twenty minutes ago picked the restricted nano and started taking hits off it and thought " WTF "? Threw me off for the few tugs after being used to hitting the goon. :giggle:
So I vaped on this a bit more and my conclusion is that it’s a brilliant trick. I much prefer the airflow now and while I have a bit more turbulence now that the cotton has worked in a bit, it’s a huge improvement. Thanks again

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone! :cheers:

Ha ha, I just finished plugging that small hole in one of my other Nano's. I tried it in TC and I think my Nebula's TC functions more accurately with the smoother airflow.

Still brainstorming for a more solid and permanent fix than cotton/paper towel but for now I'm pleased with it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thanks everyone! :cheers:

Ha ha, I just finished plugging that small hole in one of my other Nano's. I tried it in TC and I think my Nebula's TC functions more accurately with the smoother airflow.

Still brainstorming for a more solid and permanent fix than cotton/paper towel but for now I'm pleased with it.
Maybe a piece from a insulator from an old rta/rda. Should be far enough away from the coil to not melt I would think.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe a piece from a insulator from an old rta/rda. Should be far enough away from the coil to not melt I would think.
I like the idea. Not sure how to secure it into the hole.

The idea I can come up with at the moment would be to scuff up the area around the hole, clean it, place a very fine SS mesh over the hole and use lead free solder to solder the SS mesh to the chamber as well as fill in SS mesh.

Fuck it, where's my playdough? :giggle:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Men just have to make it complicated. Just cut it slightly larger than needed and give it a little push. Might surprise you and stay put.
Sex aside, it really isn't complicated and would be the proper way to seal a metal hole shut. Much better chance of that being a permanent solution than sticking something in the hole and hoping for the best, which is what I've already done. :giggle:

pghman

Member For 4 Years
Ya know, I've been banging hard on a dual coil Movkin JC25 today and am starting to re-think my outlook on dual coil rta's . The cheap little rta is giving me great flavor.

Kinda wish I had one or two less Nano's and one or two more Engine's. o_O

Hey Roo, If you are in the U.S. and interested in a trade I may be open to that as well. I've been wanting to try a nano and my older ones are on the shelf at the moment getting no love because I have grown to prefer single coil setups. If interested just shoot me a private message.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So coiled and wicked two Nanos and plugged hole in one. Flavor is marginally better, not crazy about how it affects af tho. If I want to restrict for a softer flavor gets too warmish. When I rewick the plug has to go. Was not at all happy that I tasted cotton for half a tank. Yuck. Glad it works for some of you but not my cup of tea.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So coiled and wicked two Nanos and plugged hole in one. Flavor is marginally better, not crazy about how it affects af tho. If I want to restrict for a softer flavor gets too warmish. When I rewick the plug has to go. Was not at all happy that I tasted cotton for half a tank. Yuck. Glad it works for some of you but not my cup of tea.

Hahaha at least you can say you tried it :teehee:

VU Sponsors