Become a Patron!

Odd things you miss about smoking

megsnd

Member For 1 Year
I recently quit cigarettes in favor of vaping, and as I'm sitting out on my deck hitting my vape, I realized that I strangely miss the action of ashing my cigarette.

Anyone else have any odd things they miss about smoking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope, not one damn thing. I don't miss wasting $11 every other day; I don't miss reeking like an ashtray; I don't miss burning holes and dropping ashes on all my clothes (I can wear white again!); I don't miss the look of disgust on my husband's face when I'd come in from smoking; I don't miss my cat biting me if I tried to pet her with my right hand; I don't miss my doctor whining at me about quitting smoking; I don't miss waking up drowning every morning, trying to find my inhaler by touch; and I definitely don't miss being broke all the time because of wasting $176/monthly on reeking death.

Not a single solitary thing. There was NOTHING good about smoking, and I'm glad as hell to finally be rid of it!

4yrssmokefree.jpg

Andria

Last edited:

megsnd

Member For 1 Year
I'm glad you've been able to successfully quit :) I'm hoping to get to that place where the thought of smoking a cigarette is disgusting to me. I've only been without a cigarette for about 30 hours, but I dont keep anymore in my house or car, so I'm hoping my resolve will hold. I'm really proud of you and you give me hope for my future :)
Nope, not one damn thing. I don't miss wasting $11 every other day; I don't miss reeking like an ashtray; I don't miss burning holes and dropping ashes on all my clothes (I can wear white again!); I don't miss the look of disgust on my husband's face when I'd come in from smoking; I don't miss my cat biting me if I tried to pet her with my right hand; I don't miss my doctor whining at me about quitting smoking; I don't miss waking up drowning every morning, trying to find my inhaler by touch; and I definitely don't miss being broke all the time because of wasting $176/monthly on reeking death.

Not a single solitary thing. There was NOTHING good about smoking, and I'd glad as hell to finally be rid of it!

View attachment 116958

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad you've been able to successfully quit :) I'm hoping to get to that place where the thought of smoking a cigarette is disgusting to me. I've only been without a cigarette for about 30 hours, but I dont keep anymore in my house or car, so I'm hoping my resolve will hold. I'm really proud of you and you give me hope for my future :)

Well, I *STILL* have a pk with 12 in it, in a ziplock in the back of my freezer... because when I first switched, just the thought of "no cigarettes in the house!" put me in a damn panic, and then I'd get infuriated... and then I'd want to smoke. So not having them in the house... ehh, it might work for some, but it never would have for me. Having those 4 yr old tobaccocicles in there keeps it MY choice to vape and not smoke, not forced or coerced even by the mere fact of having none available. Because for me, force or coercion just makes me mad, and makes me want to cut off my nose to spite my own face, and SMOKE. As long as it's my own free choice, it's a piece of cake.

It was pretty easy the first time, in Feb 2014, mainly because of the sheer novelty I think, but I did have a dual-use relapse after an appendectomy and extremely unpleasant recuperation, June of 2014... and quitting them again was MUCH harder. So however hard you might sometimes find it... it's much easier to STAY quit, than to try and do it again.

Andria

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. Not anymore. There isn't a single thing about cigarettes that I find appealing or feel nostalgic for. I now dislike everything about them.

I was a dual user, more or less, for a lot of years. Wanted to quit smoking for years and years before e-cigs were even created but could never break free from the addiction. Every time I'd make an earnest attempt my life would go off the rails because I was so miserable. Early vaping equipment let me know that there was hope, but the tech wasn't there yet for it to be a complete replacement for me. However, as time and tech progressed I managed to stop buying cigarettes and made it a point to refuse any offered to me.

I never set a quit date, and don't know exactly when I had my last cigarette, but talking with my wife this morning I realized it's been nearly 2 years since my last one. That is fucking incredible to me. By far, the longest stretch I've gone since 1989, when I began what became a 2 pack a day addiction.

I'm never going back. Ever.

megsnd

Member For 1 Year
Well, I *STILL* have a pk with 12 in it, in a ziplock in the back of my freezer... because when I first switched, just the thought of "no cigarettes in the house!" put me in a damn panic, and then I'd get infuriated... and then I'd want to smoke. So not having them in the house... ehh, it might work for some, but it never would have for me. Having those 4 yr old tobaccocicles in there keeps it MY choice to vape and not smoke, not forced or coerced even by the mere fact of having none available. Because for me, force or coercion just makes me mad, and makes me want to cut off my nose to spite my own face, and SMOKE. As long as it's my own free choice, it's a piece of cake.

It was pretty easy the first time, in Feb 2014, mainly because of the sheer novelty I think, but I did have a dual-use relapse after an appendectomy and extremely unpleasant recuperation, June of 2014... and quitting them again was MUCH harder. So however hard you might sometimes find it... it's much easier to STAY quit, than to try and do it again.

Andria
Well my boyfriend who I live with still smokes so I do still kind of have some in the house. But he doesnt get the same kind that I like, so if I do break down have one of his, it won't be an enjoyable cigarette. I think that does help. Knowing I could smoke but choosing not to. I felt very proud of myself this morning when I walked into a gas station and checked out without asking for a pack of cigs behind the counter.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Not anymore. There isn't a single thing about cigarettes that I find appealing or feel nostalgic for. I now dislike everything about them.

I was a dual user, more or less, for a lot of years. Wanted to quit smoking for years and years before e-cigs were even created but could never break free from the addiction. Every time I'd make an earnest attempt my life would go off the rails because I was so miserable. Early vaping equipment let me know that there was hope, but the tech wasn't there yet for it to be a complete replacement for me. However, as time and tech progressed I managed to stop buying cigarettes and made it a point to refuse any offered to me.

I never set a quit date, and don't know exactly when I had my last cigarette, but talking with my wife this morning I realized it's been nearly 2 years since my last one. That is fucking incredible to me. By far, the longest stretch I've gone since 1989, when I began what became a 2 pack a day addiction.

I'm never going back. Ever.

Don't say "never," because you just don't know what may happen in the future -- I said "never," then had that ungodly appendectomy and dual-use relapse, and that 2nd quit was a BITCH. All I'll say now is that I hope I never feel cravings like that again... and if I do, I have some WTA, because I really hope I never ever smoke again; quitting is too damn hard.

But 2 yrs is fantastic. When I'd been smoke-free for 2 DAYS and wasn't freaking out about it, I thought THAT was a huge hairy miracle -- for me, it was. :D

Andria

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I don't miss anything about it.
I can't believe all the money I have blown on them things. 42 years worth!
Sure, I've popped some cash on all my vape gear but I have something to show for my cash.
I can smell smoke on some people now and it smells pretty bad.
I'm just very thankful of a coworker turning me on to vaping.
Only took me a week to stop smoking completely.
Been 1 year 10 months.
No more shortness of breath, no more tightness in my chest, no more nasty smells.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't say "never," because you just don't know what may happen in the future -- I said "never," then had that ungodly appendectomy and dual-use relapse, and that 2nd quit was a BITCH. All I'll say now is that I hope I never feel cravings like that again... and if I do, I have some WTA, because I really hope I never ever smoke again; quitting is too damn hard.

But 2 yrs is fantastic. When I'd been smoke-free for 2 DAYS and wasn't freaking out about it, I thought THAT was a huge hairy miracle -- for me, it was. :D

Andria
All true, though I had a test of strength a few weeks ago when I managed to run completely out of juice, after hours. Went from evening to noon the next day using nothing but straight VG in a tank.

I wasn't tempted to smoke, at all, which really surprised me. More than that though were the withdrawl effects that I found quite enlightening.

Back when I smoked, I NEEDED them. If I ran out or was in a position where I knew I'd be unable to smoke, my skin would crawl, I'd get super anxious, and it seemed like nothing else in the world mattered more than getting that fix. I'd probably pick up butts off of the ground and re-roll them if it got to that point. After a day or two, I'd suffer debilitating depression and my mind would focus only on the darkest most helpless of feelings. Nothing mattered, everything sucked, who gives a shit, etc. I think I lost just about every job I had during a quit attempt. Worst part though was even when I'd finally break down and start chain smoking the things again it wasn't the immediate relief I sought. All of the bad feels would stick around to be sure I was back up to 2 packs a day again. That was before.

Surprisingly though, when I ran out of juice a few weeks back, things never got too bad withdrawl-wise. I mean, I still craved the nic a bit but it was more of a want than a need. The really bad feelings, anxiety, etc, never came. There was a definite withdrawal effect, but it felt more like going through the day without getting any sleep the night before as opposed to an end of days feeling type of situation. I was second guessing myself judging other vehicles speed, missing opportunities to merge or what have you, my train of thought was a bit jumbled, and I was definitely out of sorts... But it was all manageable. Something it never, ever was before.

At this point, nicotine feels more like a choice than an addiction. Considering it's benefits I'm in no hurry to give it up.

I am however going to get back into diy soon to ensure I'm not a slave to the vape shop and it's pricey juice that is only available during certain hours.. I did a bit of mixing a couple of years ago but had no good recipes at the time and probably threw away more than I actually vaped. Hoping that I'll have better luck this time around. Going to research recipes first, and order extracts second. Here is hoping.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know what I DON'T miss, aside from the aforementioned?

The filter sticking to my lip, and the cherry getting stuck between my fingers.

Or thinking my car window is more open than it is, and slamming the cig into the glass as I attempt to ash it, sending embers everywhere.

My lungs and chest hurting, constantly.

Wheezing during every breath.

Coughing up chunks of ick.

Myself and everything I own stinking of that horrid acrid stench.

Having to go outside and sweat or freeze not because I want to, but because I have to.

Being excluded from 90% of rental properties, and even some jobs.

Spending over $20 a day to kill myself slowly.

I could go on...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I recently quit cigarettes in favor of vaping, and as I'm sitting out on my deck hitting my vape, I realized that I strangely miss the action of ashing my cigarette.

When I first quit smoking for vaping I missed all the hand rituals, and would even sometimes do the hand motions of lighting up :facepalm:

The rituals you miss will go away though - congratulations! Quitting cigarettes is tough, even with our wonderful, lifesaving vapes.

After two and a half years of being smoke free, I miss nothing about smoking, but at first I did :cloud:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All true, though I had a test of strength a few weeks ago when I managed to run completely out of juice, after hours. Went from evening to noon the next day using nothing but straight VG in a tank.

I wasn't tempted to smoke, at all, which really surprised me. More than that though were the withdrawl effects that I found quite enlightening.

Back when I smoked, I NEEDED them. If I ran out or was in a position where I knew I'd be unable to smoke, my skin would crawl, I'd get super anxious, and it seemed like nothing else in the world mattered more than getting that fix. I'd probably pick up butts off of the ground and re-roll them if it got to that point. After a day or two, I'd suffer debilitating depression and my mind would focus only on the darkest most helpless of feelings. Nothing mattered, everything sucked, who gives a shit, etc. I think I lost just about every job I had during a quit attempt. Worst part though was even when I'd finally break down and start chain smoking the things again it wasn't the immediate relief I sought. All of the bad feels would stick around to be sure I was back up to 2 packs a day again. That was before.

Surprisingly though, when I ran out of juice a few weeks back, things never got too bad withdrawl-wise. I mean, I still craved the nic a bit but it was more of a want than a need. The really bad feelings, anxiety, etc, never came. There was a definite withdrawal effect, but it felt more like going through the day without getting any sleep the night before as opposed to an end of days feeling type of situation. I was second guessing myself judging other vehicles speed, missing opportunities to merge or what have you, my train of thought was a bit jumbled, and I was definitely out of sorts... But it was all manageable. Something it never, ever was before.

At this point, nicotine feels more like a choice than an addiction. Considering it's benefits I'm in no hurry to give it up.

I am however going to get back into diy soon to ensure I'm not a slave to the vape shop and it's pricey juice that is only available during certain hours.. I did a bit of mixing a couple of years ago but had no good recipes at the time and probably threw away more than I actually vaped. Hoping that I'll have better luck this time around. Going to research recipes first, and order extracts second. Here is hoping.

Excellent idea to get back into DIY; becoming independent is the biggest reason why I started both coil building and DIY, but saving money was right there with the independence motivation. I mean, TONS of money. :D

That lack of focus you mentioned, that does sound like a mild case of deprivation of either nicotine, caffeine, or maybe both -- they both help to organize neurotransmitters. My first time around, that was really my worst physical symptom; didn't have the actual cravings that I had the 2nd time. But if you slowly lower your nic level, you'll get to a point where even that won't be an issue -- I got down to 3mg almost 2 yrs ago, and back in Feb, I had that godawful flu, and vaping was right out of the question for nearly 2 wks -- and I didn't really miss it. I thought of it now and then, but considering the problems I was having just breathing, it was very easy to dismiss any thought of vaping. Once I started feeling better, then I started looking around for my vape, missing it, but by then, I could handle it, though I did have to take inhaling a bit easy for another week or so.

But that psychosis from quitting smoking -- yep, I had that, in SPADES, and I learned that it's really not the nic that causes it -- it's the MAOIs. You can get those from WTA, too, which isn't a GREAT solution, but if the choice is either vape WTA, or go back to smoking, WTA can prevent a smoking relapse like you wouldn't believe... and it's even pretty good for relieving milder types of stress and anxiety -- like over the holidays, for instance. Because of the MAOI situation, I strongly recommend that anyone be quit smoking for at least a week before trying WTA, or you can't tell the difference between WTA and regular ejuice... but for someone who has quit at least a week ago, but is suffering either terrible cravings or that depression psychosis (or both!), WTA is a godsend.

Andria

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read your comments regarding wta's a bunch over the years, and have found them interesting for the potential benefits they can offer. I never seem to hear anyone else discuss them, and I can't ever recall seeing any available for purchase, though admittedly I haven't tried too hard to find them. I wonder why they aren't discussed more often or more easily accessable?

Might have to take some time to see if I can source some, just in case.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

When I was dual using and when I quit I was using Cig-A-Likes and lost a few driving because I was flicking the ashes which were non-existent anymore~! Don't worry it won't be long before the smell of smoke is disgusting.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@JuicyLucy is another who used WTA. I used to use WholeCig WTA, but he sold the biz to someone, and I think they've renamed the biz, though to what, I don't know.

Someone recently gave me this link: https://www.aromaejuice.com/Unflavored-DIY-WTA-PG-Edition-50-50-PG-VG-DIY-WTA-PG-Edition-50-50-PG-VG.htm and it appears that Aroma has brought the price down DRASTICALLY over what they used to charge for unflavored full WTA (to mix with ejuice, not their "WTA infused" ejuice).

I think one reason WTA isn't discussed more is because of what I said: if new quitters hear about it too much, they may think that WTA is some kind of "magic wand," that will give them the motivation to quit -- it won't. You have to do that part yourself, and really mean it, so that you've been quit, no smoking at all, for at least a week, or you won't notice any diff from the WTA; what would happen then, if a new quitter tried to use it for that, is a lot of ignorant people spouting crap like "WTA doesn't really work, it's a scam" -- I've seen some of that before. Because the only thing that will MAKE you quit, is YOURSELF. Nothing can do it for you -- and that seems to be a common misconception about vaping in general. Vaping just makes it easier to bear the aftermath of quitting, and WTA is a more drastic solution for that, which is necessary for some people. But it won't MAKE you quit anymore than regular vaping will.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I used to miss lighting something on fire

Now I don't miss ANY part of it; if you stick with vaping that will come to happen for you, too

I recommend using nic salt e-liquids, too - they have them now in a wide range of strengths. Regular, non-salt nic eliquid strikes me as nearly a placebo now in comparison.

I did not stay fully satisfied being off cigarettes 100% until I switched to nicotone salt liquids. WTAs are an equivalent of salt formulation of nicotine, btw - just with natural tobacco alkaloids instead of alkaloid nicotine produced after adding an acid

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great info, and thanks to you both. Think I will do a little reading and try to learn a bit more.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don’t miss anything, anymore.

I quit almost 7 years ago; and, at first I missed the company. Not the smokes; but, people at a cigar bar I used to frequent. I’ve gone since quitting, but you feel like the odd man out, sitting there with a scotch and mod; while the others are having a cohiba or Mac. Still great group of guys, I just felt weird.

I did keep a small cigalike for the rare times that I felt like wanting that in between the finger feel of cig. That feeling stopped creeping up after a few months.

It also helps that my lady also vapes so, the reminder of days long past,isn’t there. Rather, we shop for gear together and mix juices. It’s hard to live with a smoker when you’re in the process of kicking the habit. It’ll get done, and the feelings will pass; it just may take a bit longer.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@JuicyLucy is another who used WTA. I used to use WholeCig WTA, but he sold the biz to someone, and I think they've renamed the biz, though to what, I don't know.

Someone recently gave me this link: https://www.aromaejuice.com/Unflavored-DIY-WTA-PG-Edition-50-50-PG-VG-DIY-WTA-PG-Edition-50-50-PG-VG.htm and it appears that Aroma has brought the price down DRASTICALLY over what they used to charge for unflavored full WTA (to mix with ejuice, not their "WTA infused" ejuice).

I think one reason WTA isn't discussed more is because of what I said: if new quitters hear about it too much, they may think that WTA is some kind of "magic wand," that will give them the motivation to quit -- it won't. You have to do that part yourself, and really mean it, so that you've been quit, no smoking at all, for at least a week, or you won't notice any diff from the WTA; what would happen then, if a new quitter tried to use it for that, is a lot of ignorant people spouting crap like "WTA doesn't really work, it's a scam" -- I've seen some of that before. Because the only thing that will MAKE you quit, is YOURSELF. Nothing can do it for you -- and that seems to be a common misconception about vaping in general. Vaping just makes it easier to bear the aftermath of quitting, and WTA is a more drastic solution for that, which is necessary for some people. But it won't MAKE you quit anymore than regular vaping will.

Yeah, I dual used (smoked and vaped) for a little over three years because I kept craving tobacco even though lighting a cigarette kinda made me ill after vaping

It was those damn alkaloids, which WTA filled that niche and I haven't smoked since, over 2.5 years now since I lit up

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Don’t miss trying to roll a cigarette in the wind that’s for damn sure

I had for the first time a random craving for a cigarette a week ago been off them must be 3 years now or more now?, amazing once a smoker ....

But I don’t miss them one bit ...orange finger tips and the stink ...yuk

Miss burning cars and trucks up, duh wind flicking butts back into the window, almost like magic.

So true lol!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't miss it but I deal with the smell everyday. Between my wife still smoking and my coworkers in the same truck. About once a month or so I still have a craving like after lunch or when everyone is hanging out smoking. But the smell makes me cringe. The smell of an ashtray is the worst. It is a lot harder to quit when you're around it all the time. I've managed to do it. For 3 years. Suprised myself more than anyone I think. Woohoo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don’t miss trying to roll a cigarette in the wind that’s for damn sure

I had for the first time a random craving for a cigarette a week ago been off them must be 3 years now or more now?, amazing once a smoker ....

But I don’t miss them one bit ...orange finger tips and the stink ...yuk

So true lol!

I was amazed at how fast my fingertips and even fingernails lost that yellow-orange-brown color -- by the time I'd been smoke-free a month to win the $100 bet my mom made me, my index fingernail was completely clear -- the inner edge of it was brown for the last umpteen years and the finger itself completely yellow/orange on the inner edge.

But by far the best part of losing that stench on my right hand was my cat no longer trying to bite me if I tried to pet her with that hand. :D Cats have really sharp teeth! :giggle:

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I miss having a cig in my mouth while I work.

Sorry, but when your hands are full wrenching on stuff or otherwise doing manly things, holding a mod in your hand just isn't doable.

The cig in your lips was just the thing to make it all more enjoyable.

I understand the need for some to demonize smoking now that they've quit but I'm more honest than that. I just remind myself that the upsides of smoking(I liked to smoke or I wouldn't have done it) are not worth the downsides. No need for me to pretend that cigs are nasty. I liked 'em.;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No need for me to pretend that cigs are nasty. I liked 'em.;)

I also liked to smoke and I also knew the dangers, but after losing too many friends and family to Smoking Related Illnesses I wised up and said it was time to quit. No getting around Smoking Kills.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also liked to smoke and I also knew the dangers, but after losing too many friends and family to Smoking Related Illnesses I wised up and said it was time to quit. No getting around Smoking Kills.

So does old age. Everybody I know is going to die. Including me. ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I rarely ever held a cigarette in my lips or teeth, because I'd just get smoke in my eyes, and that fucking hurts. I'm not demonizing smoking, I'm just remembering all the things I hated most about it WHILE I WAS A SMOKER, which I'm glad as shit I no longer have to deal with. I enjoyed it maybe 20% of the time; 80% of the time I fucking hated it and only did it because I didn't want to suffer, and thought all the time of how could I possibly stop doing it and not have to suffer for it. When I discovered vaping, I felt like fucking Archimedes: "EUREKA! I'VE FOUND THE WAY TO STOP SMOKING!"

I smoked for 39 yrs. The last 30 of those, I tried 4 times to quit, and failed, yet still thought constantly of how could I possibly stop doing it, and not have to suffer.

I don't miss the slightest thing about it.

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rarely ever held a cigarette in my lips or teeth, because I'd just get smoke in my eyes, and that fucking hurts. I'm not demonizing smoking, I'm just remembering all the things I hated most about it WHILE I WAS A SMOKER, which I'm glad as shit I no longer have to deal with. I enjoyed it maybe 20% of the time; 80% of the time I fucking hated it and only did it because I didn't want to suffer, and thought all the time of how could I possibly stop doing it and not have to suffer for it. When I discovered vaping, I felt like fucking Archimedes: "EUREKA! I'VE FOUND THE WAY TO STOP SMOKING!"

I smoked for 39 yrs. The last 30 of those, I tried 4 times to quit, and failed, yet still thought constantly of how could I possibly stop doing it, and not have to suffer.

I don't miss the slightest thing about it.

Andria

I didn't find vaping and then quit smoking. I quit smoking and then found vaping.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So go back to smoking and die before your time.

LOL

fear-mongering.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If in your infinite wisdom you want to argue that Smoking won't kill you then start smoking again. Fear mongering huh? Think losing loved ones to cancer or Emphysema is funny?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If in your infinite wisdom you want to argue that Smoking won't kill you then start smoking again. Fear mongering huh? Think losing loved ones to cancer or Emphysema is funny?

I think your butthurt is funny.

There isn't a fucking thing that says vaping won't kill somebody. It may be safer, but it's still a risk.

There could be something in a flavor I use that ends up killing me.

If your that fucking scared of the consequences, you should quit vaping too. ;)

Me, I don't scare that easy. I'll die when I die.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If your that fucking scared of the consequences, you should quit vaping too. ;)
Me, I don't scare that easy. I'll die when I die.

I never said I had any concerns about vaping and I have no idea where you got that from. Must be the way you comprehend things. This was about smoking, so go smoke and die young or early I will not shed a tear for your ass.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I do miss the smell of tobacco while it’s in the pouch .. especially when you open a fresh pack and it’s not dried out yet

The first one in the morning with a cuppa and one after dinner were the hardest to kick

still don’t miss them anymore much rather have whatever bakery flavour I have in the morning and a fruity flavour after dinner :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do miss the smell of tobacco while it’s in the pouch .. especially when you open a fresh pack and it’s not dried out yet

The first one in the morning with a cuppa and one after dinner were the hardest to kick

still don’t miss them anymore much rather have whatever bakery flavour I have in the morning and a fruity flavour after dinner :)

I used to run my unlit cigarettes under my nose for 5 or 10 mins before I'd light them, because they actually did smell good, before they were lit. :D My husband thought that was the very essence of weird. But no, I can't say I miss it. I haven't even vaped tobacco flavor for nearly 4 yrs (I've vaped for 4 1/2 yrs).

I *thought* the ones after meals would be the hardest, they actually turned out to be the easiest; after meals, I got terrific TH from the tobacco flavor I used at first, a really nice tingle. But yeah that one in the morning was absolutely the hardest; the last 3 days I smoked, that one was the only one I had all day. Then I figured out how to vape really slowly, not so much lung inhale but letting it linger in mouth/throat/nose... that was what did the trick to get rid of that morning smoke.

Andria

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
For what it's worth, when I first started vaping, I always kept some baccy and a few rizlas in a tin on me still. I was determined to not have one but I also said that if I NEEDED one I I could and would have one. You remember what it's like, if you had some then you could go hours without a cigarette, but if you had none then you were ready to drop kick a granny in the face at a moments notice. I stuck at it, and before i really noticed it i hadn't actually smoked a cigarette in like 3 weeks, so I stopped taking the tin around with me. I didnt berate myself too hard in the beginning as long as i knew i had held out as long as i could. I Haven't looked back either. I've 'relapsed' twice. Both of those times I knew were 'exceptions' as I had no access to vape at the times involved for at least 24hours before I had something to take the nic edge off (for others safety as much as anything lol and i couldn't Wait to get my vape on again and I hated myself just for having that one)

I was worried that when I was drinking I would want to smoke but I love that I can vape indoors in a pub whilst smokers are relegated outdoors.

I also prefer that I can switch up my flavours and I've really noticed that I can taste my food now. In fact I'm down to 1mg nic and I can taste the nicotine in 3mg juice. I don't like it! Lol

Anyways my point here is I wanted to share and show support for everyone else who has managed to quit smoking. It wasn't easy for me and I doubt it's really easy for anyone, but if you've got this far then you've done the hardest part and your on the right track. Well done all of you!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You remember what it's like, if you had some then you could go hours without a cigarette, but if you had none then you were ready to drop kick a granny in the face at a moments notice.

Yep exactly, that's why I still have those tobaccocicles in my freezer -- as long as they're there, I'm fine. But if they were gone? To be honest, I just don't know, even after all this time. In spring of 2015, we had to spend the night at my mom's one night because my stepdad had a heart attack, and my mom wasn't well herself, in a wheelchair, so she couldn't be alone overnight... and when I remembered that I didn't have any smokes anywhere nearby, I kinda panicked for a minute... but then I just vaped like a maniac and forgot about it. :D I'd been smoke-free about 6 months at that point.

But I reckon I'll keep those tobaccocicles in there, till maybe we need a new fridge? :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors