Official everything braid thread

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Zohmbiebuilds, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I'm so happy this thread took off. We need all the official threads stickied. Would make the info much easier to navigate. Kingpin pretty please with alien framed Staples on top.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

KarmicRage and mach1ne like this.
  2. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Sticking the main build type threads so we can easily find them and keep them updated

gopher_byrd, Pegleg Meg and mach1ne like this.
  3. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Going to try this today, may jump straight to the 7 loop version and assume/hope it's the same motion...hoo boy :oops:

KingPin! likes this.
  4. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Just kidding, nope.avi, not today...fused claptons sound fun right now, after the mess I just made hahaha

Wtmke1 and KingPin! like this.
  5. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    I struggled to keep tabs on 5 ....7 that’s tough! It’ll look great when you crack it though and I’m sure you will :)

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  6. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Maybe, but NOT TODAY haha, yeah

1530027843969499176021.jpg

KingPin! likes this.
  7. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    God I know what that feels like. I swear I went through a week where I'd end up with that ever other day. It's so depressing. It breaks your spirit.

Fuck the little squirrelly wires being all squirrelly and shit.

KingPin! and Pegleg Meg like this.
  8. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    Since I've been less active here, it's because I'm going through changes in my living situation. I will be moving soon, probably this month at some point so I've had to pack my stuff up and getting the drill out and wire, tools is almost undoable. I've been practicing doing braid coils and in finding flat vertabraid, slentre braiding, Celtic braids.

Let me say, it's extremely tough to learn for the simple fact there is hardly any braid tutorials, and when you come across one, it's likely in another language. People say, you don't need language... Let me tell you if you gave no thought into which shank to grab with your operator finger your going to fail miserably.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

gopher_byrd, Pegleg Meg and KingPin! like this.
  9. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I'm going to be posting allot in this thread to help others.

Let me say this. Braid offers everything drill and Clapton builds do, but differently.

I have come to love braid coils. I still vape framed Staples became I love them. But I'd say it's 5050

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  10. Zohmbiebuilds

Blog Posts:
    I figured out that when having a 5 loop braid there are so many different ways and outcomes.

Vertabraid is ok, however I feel like I get not a better vape, but closer to my golden standard and even sometimes surpassing my go to staple build.

Imo, the flatter the braid the better. The reason braid is so much better than twisted wire is because the surface area on flat braided coils is by far more than twisted, the crevices in braided coils are deeper, and more numerous that that of a twisted build, allowing for superior wicking. Honestly the only real drawback is the fact that it's a bitch up wick because the wire is not very cooperative. But with practice, your braided builds should look better when they're full of cotton. My braided builds look much better when there wicked right. The braid seems to hug the contours of the cotton forcing it will wick inside your build.

So braid vape different. You can tell the difference in a vertabraid coil and my personal favorite 8 loop Celtic, or reverse fishtail flat braid.

I'm extremely thankful and must keep a positive attitude in order to progress in life. I'm dealing with allot, and honestly thought it was too much to handle.... But it was not.

Out of all the bull crap I been through this month with my landlord err... Slum Lord I thought that would be all she wrote. Then, my friend, and my nurse at my therapist died suddenly so I had to attend the funeral Saturday. I started to blame God and let my landlord make me bitter and miserable like she is.

I'll never stop so long as I'm praying each night for forgiveness, and try harder every day to become a better version of myself. I will and have learned so much about myself on this journey. That being said, it's never easy. I'm not the type of person that has luck, or life lends an easy card to. No complaints from me though. I just have to keep trudging along doing my AA, group therapy, stay on top of my therapy, and keep all appointments. I am still learning, infact, I think I'll be a lifetime student to learning how to live a better worthwhile life.

I love you guys. You guys helped me when I was just a newb fucking with my indestructible RDA. That's why I stay on here. I'm not on here much because I found a place for diy, but this is my vape home.