Become a Patron!

Official Taifun thread.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont see anything much at all on the Taifun here, so i thought id start up a thread for taifun fans...Post up your tank..talk about it...show mods..hops ups..tips and tricks..anything taifun related..any Taifun models welcome.

I'll start with my Taifun GT i received today...I can already tell im going to like this tank...it reminds me of a kanger protank tank in a way but a much more sophisticated version with an expensive look....I like the side wicking...ive never really minded a bottom feed tank and it just looks pretty bad ass in general to me.

Much to my surprise there was a new coil already installed and on the mvp it showed 1.4 ohm...Once wicked and primed it dropped to .9 (big drop but i can say this is my first sub ohm coil experience.)

i tried my usual 8 watts and got almost nothing from it...went up to 10..ehhh still not much..cranked the mvp to 15w and fuk me, it blasted with flavor and cloud from simple mouth to lung hits...All i can say is ive found a tank that im going to enjoy..it has beaten any of my kanger tanks with the evod being the best ive had flavor wise of the bunch...Not a single leak..no gurgling.(just slight muffled pop here and there)....its just smooth and tasteful...i can barely even hear the air being drawn in from the breather hole...♡♡♡♡♡♡♡IM IN LOVE ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

1424203509314.jpg
1424203397043.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
one of my favorite tanks that doesn't get much hype because of the airflow restriction.. the Taifun GT2 should be very promising but haven't heard of anyone who's actually used it..

I lost the chimney cap to my TFGT so I haven't used it in about 6 mo's.. but the flavor is on par with the best for an RBA.. better than my Kayfun for sure

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
one of my favorite tanks that doesn't get much hype because of the airflow restriction.. the Taifun GT2 should be very promising but haven't heard of anyone who's actually used it..

I lost the chimney cap to my TFGT so I haven't used it in about 6 mo's.. but the flavor is on par with the best for an RBA.. better than my Kayfun for sure
Airflow is simple to get if your looking for an airy draw for clouds...also hear you dont lose any flavor either.

fasttech has them if you want to get anotherone...the version 2 is supposed to be more air flow with a couple other upgrades as well...thats my next tank for sure...Ill be buying more GTs v1's as well...the next will get the air flow treatment..Ill do a modded air flow thread here when i get my next one.

Wanna keep one original ,so not doing anything to the one i just got.

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Airflow is simple to get if your looking for an airy draw for clouds...also hear you dont lose any flavor either.

fasttech has them if you want to get anotherone...the version 2 is supposed to be more air flow with a couple other upgrades as well...thats my next tank for sure...Ill be buying more GTs v1's as well...the next will get the air flow treatment..Ill do a the mod here when i get my next one.

Wanna keep one original ,so not doing anything to the one i just got.

Yea I try not to order from FT .. I'll wait until the 2's come on amazon/ebay and I'll scoop a couple up.. I would still be using my original if i didn't drop the damn chimney down my sink hole.. I'm still pissed about that.. only place I could find the replacement was in the UK and it was like 20$ shipping so i said forget it

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I try not to order from FT .. I'll wait until the 2's come on amazon/ebay and I'll scoop a couple up.. I would still be using my original if i didn't drop the damn chimney down my sink hole.. I'm still pissed about that.. only place I could find the replacement was in the UK and it was like 20$ shipping so i said forget it

That sucks...The fasttech reviews are pretty solid...not sure where the one i just got came from manufacturer wise but im sure its not the 100 dollars plus original and it works like a champ.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok..i like this GT so much i just bought another one..lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have one but have yet to build it.

It came with factory installed wick and coil but before I try it, the wick and coil are going into the bin and the whole thing gets washed, rinsed and dried!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have one but have yet to build it.

It came with factory installed wick and coil but before I try it, the wick and coil are going into the bin and the whole thing gets washed, rinsed and dried!

I just built my kayfun...you may find a new tank you like in the taifun..lol

VU Sponsors