Become a Patron!

Ohm Calc Issues Still

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With the info I have and what I put into the calculator, it says my current is 5.39 amps, which doesn't sound right. Help?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You would need to post the info so it could be looked over. Otherwise it's just people guessing variables

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You would need to post the info so it could be looked over. Otherwise it's just people guessing variables

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Ok, so 24 gauge, 13 wrap dual coils with a 3.25mm inner diameter, a 5mm leg length and 0.05mm wrap spacing, the ohms hits 0.64. Doubling the volts since it's a stacked mod and doubling the Ohms since it's a parallel coil system, that makes 8.2 volts and 1.28 Ohms. In the calculator that makes 6.41 Amps and 52.53 Watts, both of which sound WAY too low. Do I double each because there's 2 bats? I figured the calc would make the math doubled anyway since the Ohms and Volts were both doubled already.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
24 gauge Kanthal?...or?

What ohm coils are you shooting for?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dual coils that are .64 ohms each, gives .32 ohms.
If you want 0.8 net ohms, each coil of a dual needs to be 1.6.
Parrallel coil or regular dual - it's still half the resistance when you double the wire...

Ok, so 24 gauge, 13 wrap dual coils with a 3.25mm inner diameter, a 5mm leg length and 0.05mm wrap spacing, the ohms hits 0.64. Doubling the volts since it's a stacked mod and doubling the Ohms since it's a parallel coil system, that makes 8.2 volts and 1.28 Ohms. In the calculator that makes 6.41 Amps and 52.53 Watts, both of which sound WAY too low. Do I double each because there's 2 bats? I figured the calc would make the math doubled anyway since the Ohms and Volts were both doubled already.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's single coil....Play with what I posted at Steam Engine, until you figure it out. It's simple once you understand what your doing.

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
16 per coil.
So even though the number of wraps total is technically quadrupled, the resistance is only cut in half? I need a total of 32 wraps to get 1.6 ohms per coil to have a total of 0.8 ohms in a dual coil system?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So even though the number of wraps total is technically quadrupled, the resistance is only cut in half? I need a total of 32 wraps to get 1.6 ohms per coil to have a total of 0.8 ohms in a dual coil system?
Using 24 ga Kanthal, yes....which is why most folks don't use it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Change the metal to SS in Steam Engine, you'll see the vast difference in wraps.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What the HELL are you trying to yield and what mod is going to run it. Ohms, watts , Mod, # and/or type battery. All I can figure out is you have some 24gawg kanthal wire and are doing the math backwards. Doubling where you should be halving.
Ohm has NO affect on voltage, nor volts ohms, they both affect wattage and amps. How those volts and amps are supplied matters more than their quantity in some cases.

Give me numbers I can use I'll suggest a build.. By the way what kind of vape do you want would help also. Why do you want .8ohms?

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What the HELL are you trying to yield and what mod is going to run it. Ohms, watts , Mod, # and/or type battery. All I can figure out is you have some 24gawg kanthal wire and are doing the math backwards. Doubling where you should be halving.
Ohm has NO affect on voltage, nor volts ohms, they both affect wattage and amps. How those volts and amps are supplied matters more than their quantity in some cases.

Give me numbers I can use I'll suggest a build.. By the way what kind of vape do you want would help also. Why do you want .8ohms?
Right now I'm just running theoretics so I can figure out how to use the Ohm calculator. The mod is an Ohmega Stacked 18650 series tube mod, but the RDA is a hybrid and won't fit into an Ohm reader, so I'm waiting until I can get a MMD before I build on it, and in the meantime I'm just learning what goes where and does what on the Ohm calculator. .8 Ohms is what I'm going for because it's right in the middle of the safe range for this particular stacked mod.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If i had that wire and wanted dual coil I would do 4 or 5 wraps on 2.5mm cores, maby 6 on 2mm for around .2 ohms (2 x 0.4ohm per coil) and and run it on my Regulated mod at about 25 watts or so. But my style of vaping may not be what you want. Not sure what I would do unregulated as I don't often use wire heavier than 28. Or vape above 20 watts. Regulated I do build and run from 0.1 to 3.0 ohms builds, just at 25 watts or less, using a 75watt mod..

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now I'm just running theoretics so I can figure out how to use the Ohm calculator. The mod is an Ohmega Stacked 18650 series tube mod, but the RDA is a hybrid and won't fit into an Ohm reader, so I'm waiting until I can get a MMD before I build on it, and in the meantime I'm just learning what goes where and does what on the Ohm calculator. .8 Ohms is what I'm going for because it's right in the middle of the safe range for this particular stacked mod.

Ok. Cool.....thats a different story.. You are going to need some different wire.I think. Been a long time since I vaped High Voltage. Or used my Hybrid rig. I'd go with a 10 amp limit myself. (assuming 20amp batts) But I think with 24 kanthal builds would have to be lower ohm and higher amp for vapor quality. 26 might be a little bit better choice if you want .8ohm. I'd certainly consider thinner wire and higher ohms. But there are plenty of series vapers around. I might keep the hybrid part under my hat.. People tend to go into a tissy over the hybrid word these days. just make sure all your o-rings and seals are good, it will be good. Only reason I don't run mine anymore is it's not really for vaping juice and it's too tight a draw for me anyway.

VU Sponsors