Become a Patron!

Ohm reader connection

Hey all so I've been having an issue with my ohm reader lately. It appears depending on how much or how tight i screw my RDA it reads different. Now this is no high quality expensive ohm reader its the small cheap plastic one i got for 5$ and i do expect something so cheap to have issues however my own safety worries me if the ohms is reading different. On my iPV D2 it reads .26 ohms but if i screw my RDA on all the way and it reads .08..which is a huge difference. I never had this issue before when I first started building and i even changed out batteries and i still have the same issue. I tried loosening it which only makes the ohms go higher. So can I rely on the resistance my device says or should I be careful and upgrade my ohm reader?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Your device should be fairly accurate, but it would be a good idea to get a new reader, imo.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might try a brand new battery in your ohm meter...also clean batt contacts in it with a q-tip and a little alcohol...might run that q-tip down into the 510 connector to clean it out as well..
I do this myself about every three months...good luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Das Bund

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same problem right out of the box with my Coil Master ohm reader that I got from them in my DIY kit v2. Its def not the batteries in mine as I have changed them for fresh ones several times trying to get it to work.

VU Sponsors