Become a Patron!

Ohms changing on kanger subox?

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a kangertech subox mini, and im running it at 0.5 ohms. But lately it has been reading 0.6 ohms. Is this normal? It doesn't switch back and forth either, it's just stuck at 0.6 ohms.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not all coils will read the resistance that's written on the package, some a little higher, some lower. What I'm guessing is is that you've used the coil a bit so the resistance went up a little, that's kinda normal. As long as the resistance isn't jumping all over the place u should be fine, I have a kbox mini as well and its not the most accurate ohm reader, but it does work. One thing tho that u should do often (like whenever you take the tank off) is get a qtip and wipe off the 510 connection real good, it can get dirty and that can cause your ohms to fluctuate a little bit. I had an istick 20 that the 510 was so dirty the ohms were jumping like crazy, from like 1.5-2.5 on a 1.8 head, I thought for sure it was toast till I cleaned the connection and it fixed itself, still read a little high but didn't bounce around all the time. Another thing to try is take your coil head out of the tank and clean the connection in there really well, it can get juice and stuff on it too and cause your resistance to fluctuate, I had a tank do that recently.
In short to answer your question you should be fine, just clean your connections periodically and aside from the occasional bad coil head that will happen with any brand you buy, you should be good to go.

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not all coils will read the resistance that's written on the package, some a little higher, some lower. What I'm guessing is is that you've used the coil a bit so the resistance went up a little, that's kinda normal. As long as the resistance isn't jumping all over the place u should be fine, I have a kbox mini as well and its not the most accurate ohm reader, but it does work. One thing tho that u should do often (like whenever you take the tank off) is get a qtip and wipe off the 510 connection real good, it can get dirty and that can cause your ohms to fluctuate a little bit. I had an istick 20 that the 510 was so dirty the ohms were jumping like crazy, from like 1.5-2.5 on a 1.8 head, I thought for sure it was toast till I cleaned the connection and it fixed itself, still read a little high but didn't bounce around all the time. Another thing to try is take your coil head out of the tank and clean the connection in there really well, it can get juice and stuff on it too and cause your resistance to fluctuate, I had a tank do that recently.
In short to answer your question you should be fine, just clean your connections periodically and aside from the occasional bad coil head that will happen with any brand you buy, you should be good to go.
Thank you once again Joshua! Very helpful.

i have a kbox sub mini mod 75 watts but the prob is the ohms dont change even after it asks if it's a new mob
Yet i have another one @ 50 watts it reads the same tank @ different ohms
?

VU Sponsors