Become a Patron!

ohms started jumping out of nowhere, need help to avoid buying cigs!

bogme

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This morning, as if Satan himself escaped my dreams, my mod started making HUGE jumps in ohms. Worked fine last night around .55ohms (a .4 coil, people on here told me not to worry about that if it performed well, which it did, up until this morning!). Now, it jumps anywhere from .6 on one click all the way to a burning 1.5 the next click, then .9 the next click, then 2.3 the next click. No rhyme or reason to it, and no way to drag it without a 80% chance of a high ohm click burning my friggen coil. WHY is this happening, and HOW do I fix it?

I'm leaning more and more to picking smoking back up. This is bullshit and I'm tired of it. Here's what I'm working with.

- Sigelei 90w plus
- Aspire Cleito tank, tried both .2ohm coil and .4ohm coil with multiple brand new coils of each.
- Disassembled my firing pin and reassembled, does not appear to be stuck at all.

Now, here's where I have to BEG very politely. With your answers, can you please try and frame them for human beings that DON'T know much about it to begin with? Because in every vape forum I find, people act as if everyone just vapes all day and ALREADY knows this stuff, and their answers make no sense. It's very frustrating. A pack of Marlboros is 3 bucks and 5 minutes down the street. I don't want to go get them, I just want the vape that I've not only poured money I regret spending into to work the way it's friggen advertised based on the friggen advice I've recieved from this friggen forum.

Keep in mind, this was FINE last night.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where your tank connects to your mod (510 connection) there is a spring loaded pin in the middle. Take a small screwdriver and push up and down on that pin a little bit to make sure it is moving. Then blow out the connection really good (with compressed air preferably) or wipe out really well with a paper towel. Blow it out and try it again. Most times I find this problem exists because of a dirty connection between the mod and the tank. Hope this helps!

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Do you have another atty? have you tried topping a different tank? somewhere there is likely something loose or juice causing it to read improperly which will screw with your enjoyment to be sure.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good advice both ^ -- couple of other things .. I do clean off the 510 (connector that the atomizer screws into) and it's center pin with alcohol wipes or a q-tip 'lightly' wet with alcohol, from time to time. Do also make sure that your coils are inserted/screwed in carefully and all the parts of the atomizer are assembled tightly .. (not wrench tight ;p Don't 'mash' it - just firm)
Don't Give UP - It sometimes happens a bad batch of coils is made - try another coil from another supplier.

Best bet is to try another tank as gummy suggests .. if you don't have one .. just ask another vaper .. most are happy to help.

If none of tips so far solve the problem.. I would think that it's possible/likely you may have a loose wire or connection between the circuit board and your 510 connector, A loose ground wire will cause those issues.
Mass production woe's do crop up from time to time. Contact the seller if within warranty or seek repair if you are not handy with such things.

"Don't give up Fishing just cause the fish aren't biting that day"

I have an 80w OSUB mod with t8 baby beast coil. I've had it for a month or so and the ohms were always at .45 and it smoked great.. well I took the tank off and put it back on and now the ohms are at .15 n it smokes like crap now, can't feel it on my throat or hardly taste it.. I went into settings to try to adjust it back up but it'll only allow me to go as high as .21.. please help.. what can I do?

I have two Sigelei 50w v2's both used for good, out of warranty, but used only 45 days, they did the same thing, misread the ohm's and applied to much voltage for the wattage setting, burnt the coils, Sigelei has a problem I have not inspected the ground wire or 510, I will, however with the use my devices have had, this is unacceptable, I will NEVER buy another Sigelei product, as I said I used these for good only, my everyday vape mod is made by Innokin it is 20 months old and still just fine.

VU Sponsors