Become a Patron!

ohms vs watts

Zaphodv

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a Kanger Pro Tank Mini 2 with a 1.5ohm coil and was wondering what's the max wattage I can use without burning it. I had been using an Innokin vv3 and just moved up to a Cool Fire 4 40watt.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It should tell you the watt range of the coils on the coil box. Or you could go online/ youtube and look up the coils. They often state the watt ranges.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you can use this as a base input your old mod settings and it will tell you watts http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

lock resistance at 1.5 and adjust the voltages to what you used
high ohm coils tend to be low wattage say below 12

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello. Would l be right in saying that in order to use the steam-engine you have to enter the minimum of two variables?
you enter one known in this case it is the resistance of the coil then adjust another in this case voltage to find watts but you can set ohms the watts to find how much voltage. or you could run the appropriate ohms law math

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you enter one known in this case it is the resistance of the coil then adjust another in this case voltage to find watts but you can set ohms the watts to find how much voltage. or you could run the appropriate ohms law math
OK, Got it.Thank you.Very good tool!

VU Sponsors