Become a Patron!

OK, I just got the crown subtank today

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SS doesn't really work on the x cube
But SS kicks ass on my IPV4.. the .25 absolutely rocks at 65w...going to my local shop and pick up another Crown and a box of the .25 coils.. Seems I have a free $50 in store gift card waiting for me, lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
But SS kicks ass on my IPV4.. the .25 absolutely rocks at 65w...going to my local shop and pick up another Crown and a box of the .25 coils.. Seems I have a free $50 in store gift card waiting for me, lol

That's great you got to heaven I ordered a,second one today as well

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a black one and a silver one from the deal Joe was pimping. Awesome tanks. Running the SS coil in the black one on my HexOhm v2, no meter on it, but I'm probably at 70-80 watts, nice warm vape and my Max VG Root Beer Custard (DIY) is just making thick, thick flavorful clouds.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can someone give some general tips and figures for using SS on a TC mod that does not have SS TCRs curves?

Sure, Adjust the watts to the max and then use the temp control to get the right warmth and vapor. This is assuming you have a TC mod that does 60 Watts/Joules at the top end. What rig are you using?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got a black one and a silver one from the deal Joe was pimping. Awesome tanks. Running the SS coil in the black one on my HexOhm v2, no meter on it, but I'm probably at 70-80 watts, nice warm vape and my Max VG Root Beer Custard (DIY) is just making thick, thick flavorful clouds.
Lol you suck too, damn it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I got some info like the "drop the temp ~100F" for Ti, I was willing to try with either the VTC, D2 or Sig75.

And I've been running TFA's Root Beer Float on the 0.5 SS head. :p
I tried on the D2 and no go. The resistance rise is too small. Temp limit will never kick in. I tried to fake it out and use a higher resistance coil, but the D2 just gives you no liquid over .3 ohm.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Forgot about the relatively low ohm limits with mod's TC. Probably have to wait until I try the 0.25.
Ya, tried the .25, but that's it... The temp rise is too high for the resistance rise. To hit 600F, SS will only increase .03 ohm. You would have to set it like -200. But you can only set it to 212. There is no offset that will work within limits.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered the 1.2ohm coils. I will report results whenever they get here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my second Crown yesterday from my local vape shop using a free $50 in-store gift card..(5-star points add up, lol)
I haven't tried the Ni200 coils yet but @ Vaping Devil was absolutely right saying I would love this tank..
I also got a box of the .25 ss coils for like $5 added to my gift card..awesome tanks!
031fea3c33764ff63580da55b78bcf34.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I got my second Crown yesterday from my local vape shop using a free $50 in-store gift card..(5-star points add up, lol)
I haven't tried the Ni200 coils yet but @ Vaping Devil was absolutely right saying I would love this tank..
I also got a box of the .25 ss coils for like $5 added to my gift card..awesome tanks!
031fea3c33764ff63580da55b78bcf34.jpg

In this case the Devil was not fooling around. I am thinking of getting rid of all my others and replacing them with Crowns so that I can have various flavors in each one hahahah. It really is an amazing tank on all levels. Plus the quality is superb!!!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of which... What is a better tip? I'm not thrilled with the smoke stack. Too tall too. My sub tank mini tip is great. I don't even care that it doesn't mate to the top with the bevel...

But then I go back and love it. It's the big inside bore that is the difference. I've looked at other tips and some are fine, but they all have the tiny inside bore.

Any ideas? Derlin would be good. It definitely gets hot.

I use the black POM drip tips from fasttech on all my tanks (search FT for 1447703). They're crazy cheap, stay pretty cool, have a nice bore size, they're short, & look like they were made for the black Crown. You can get them as singles or in a pack of 5. Been using them for the past few months on almost all of my tanks. I also ordered some Flow POM + Aluminum Hybrid drip tips (2puffs clone tips) and a heat insulator drip tip base to try out but they aren't here yet.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure some love it. If it was half as tall I'd be good. But if I get another one, then something non conductive would be it.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree about tall drip tips. They're not my thing either. The POM material is a heat resistant plastic, kind of like delrin. Completely non conductive.

VU Sponsors