Become a Patron!

OMFG I'm still alive

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fell asleep on the freeway today. Woke up in the middle lane, seconds from swerving into the outer lane and into the guardrail. I've just checked the dashcam, and it looks like I was asleep for a full minute!

Goddammit to hell and back :(

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My grandmother had this unit she attached to her steering wheel called No Doze or something like that - and it would start beeping really loud if she started weaving in and out of lanes.. Now i'm not calling you my old blind grandma who constantly falls asleep at the wheel but I'm sure I can go through her things and send you the device if you want it ;)

all joking aside - glad you are not dead!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One time on a long drive out to St. Louis I started admiring the gold curtains that were laced across the windshield. I woke up shouting "gold curtains!!" must have been out for at least a minute.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My grandmother had this unit she attached to her steering wheel called No Doze or something like that - and it would start beeping really loud if she started weaving in and out of lanes.. Now i'm not calling you my old blind grandma who constantly falls asleep at the wheel but I'm sure I can go through her things and send you the device if you want it ;)

all joking aside - glad you are not dead!

Thanks. So am I :)

Thing is, I don't drive much - usually once a week to go to my Finnish class 50 miles from my place - and today I have a freakin' cold, I'm all stuffed up, and I didn't get much sleep last night. What troubles me is, I didn't feel it coming, else I'd have stopped for a coffee or something.

What worries me now is, I have to make it back home tonite at 11pm in the same condition :(

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. So am I :)

Thing is, I don't drive much - usually once a week to go to my Finnish class 50 miles from my place - and today I have a freakin' cold, I'm all stuffed up, and I didn't get much sleep last night. What troubles me is, I didn't feel it coming, else I'd have stopped for a coffee or something.

What worries me now is, I have to make it back home tonite at 11pm in the same condition :(

5 hour energy bro - they do wonders.. the only reason I'm awake at my desk on 3 hours of sleep

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'll try a lot of caffeine, a lot of nicotine, and this Android app on my smartphone that I've just found, that's suppose to watch your driving - whose name I won't post here so I don't plug it.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Streak thru class.......that should jack you up!
I woke up doing 25mph in a 60mph rush hour. A/C to the rescue!!

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
National Lampoons Vacation come to mind ?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know the feeling. At one point one weekend after driving 400 miles I was driving by braille with the no doz strip... Do not know how I did not end off an over pass or under a semi.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Know that feeling. Was driving cross country home for the summer during college and woke up as my car was hitting the bottom of the grassy area between directions of I-10 out in the middle of nowhere. Was wide awake the rest of the day!

Used to do a long commute for work and more frequently than the wife liked, in the middle of the night. Good tip is dropping the window enough to keep cold air flowing. Almost to cold is best for keeping you awake and sharp ;)

VU Sponsors