Become a Patron!

One for the UK

drew83

Member For 4 Years
So I currently use istick 40w tc with ego one mega tank.

I need to replace my tank as per my other post.

However, i am considering changing my entire setup. Whilst i am happy with the vape production, throat hit etc etc, i am thinking about getting something else and keeping the current set up as a spare/back up.

So can anyone recommend a good easy to use temp control with a tank of around 4ml for £100?

I don't really want to get into separate batteries if it can be avoided.

I sometime use vw but normally temp control. I only go vw when i run out of ni coils.

There are so many out there i get lost. I like the look of nautilus but it doesn't have ni coils if i am right?

I don't want a huge massive box, about the istick 100w size would be max really.

Cheers

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
regarding the mod, you sort of answered your own question. If you like the built in battery, and are a fan of the Istick, go with the istick 100.
For tanks, I have had the Ego Mega. One of the most flavor robbing tanks I've ever met, and please don't take that personal. It is a personal observation after using literally dozens and dozens of different tanks. The Uwell Crown or the Smok TFV4 are HUGE upgrades in terms of flavor and performance. They ARE a bit big. A smaller tank that I think gets equally good flavor, is the Target tank with Ccell coils, porous sintered ceramic for wicking instead of cotton. They are all very reasonably priced.

On the subject of removable batteries. I understand you have a preference for built ins. But the convenience of removables should be considered. Environmentally, they can be used until dead, whereas a fixed just goes to waste when you decide to change mods. It is VERY convenient for when out and about, and your battery is shot. Charging in a regular charger has had FAR fewer incidents than USB charging directly to the mod. In fact, NONE to my knowledge. Some chargers like the Xtar VC4 come with a fireproof bag that the charger can be put in for unattended or overnight charging safety.

I hope that helps, Drew! You are going to be VERY surprised when you change out from that Ego Mega.

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Hi moueix, sorry for the delay i have been travelling about for work.

I find that regardless of juice type (fruit/cereal/desert/custard etc) and regardless of mix (50:50/60vg:40/70vg:30/ max vg) i go tongue blind sometimes after a day.

Now to give some background i use my vape similar to my old smoking habits.

So, first thing in morning, to the station, station to office, 10:30 break, lunch, 3:30 break, back to station then a couple of times in the evening. So maybe equivalent to 10 cigs a day? So not all day vaping.

Also i had an ego style starter kit, changed to istick 40 with gs tank. Needed/wanted a tank with bigger capacity for days like today when i am out and about so I don't worry about running out during the day and don't have to carry bottle of juice with me.

I don't get on with minty or menthol juices. They are all just horrid. I hated menthol cigs too.

Could it be nickel coils causing the blindness? Would a switch to titanium help?

Thanks for the advice!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Joyetech Cuboid Mini kit looks like something you might check out. Internal battery, 80 watts with TC and a tank that should be much better than the Ego One. Easily fits your budget.

drew83

Member For 4 Years
innokin cortex isub s starter kit. I started to look at this one but not seen many reviews yet.

Did like the look of the cuboid though. Might Look into that bit closer.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
innokin cortex isub s starter kit. I started to look at this one but not seen many reviews yet.

Did like the look of the cuboid though. Might Look into that bit closer.

Check youtube and enter Innokin Cortex in the search bar and you should see at least 2 in depth reviews of the Cortex. I can't seem to copy and paste them here at the moment.

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Yeah had another look, a long chat with a store.

I am going to change my tank and stuck between triton 2 and uwell crown. So any experience with either of those would be helpful.

As for mod...at the moment my little istick is doing the job so i may just stay with it for now....

VU Sponsors