Become a Patron!

Orange cream or Mellon?

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all! My two favorite flavors that I've caped so far have been Orange Creamsicle and Mellon. For the Mellon it was specifically High Voltage Short Circuit. I'm really looking for a killer recipe for the Orange Cream because, let's be honest, there aren't that many good ones out there, at least that I've tried. Either way, a recipe for either would be fantastic. Also, first time DIY-er. So please be patient! Thank you all!

Stay Awesome \m/

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Consider this one from Ejuice-me-up calc by HoggerDog

Orange (creme could be sub) 10%
Banana Creme(reg banana might be used if you are using a creme in another flavor) 10%
Carmel 6%

Adjust % levels to find your spot

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/ is the site for the calculator.

There are a bunch of good recipes in there to get you started as well.

Good luck and be sure to post your results for the rest of us :)

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Consider this one from Ejuice-me-up calc by HoggerDog

Orange (creme could be sub) 10%
Banana Creme(reg banana might be used if you are using a creme in another flavor) 10%
Carmel 6%

Adjust % levels to find your spot

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/ is the site for the calculator.

There are a bunch of good recipes in there to get you started as well.

Good luck and be sure to post your results for the rest of us :)

I appreciate the help for the start, now, because this is my first time making juice at all. Do you know of any good place to get what I need state side?

Stay Awesome \m/

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I order man of my flavors from here. They have a good range on their site properly labeled, BUT it can be a little tedious adding items to your cart without loosing your place in their looooong list.

So I suggest getting the grid view with 100 items per page. Then "rick clicking" on the item/flavor you want to look at, and open it on another tab in your browser, read about it. Then decide whether you want it or not, at this point you can either add it to your cart or close the page. Your place on the list wont be lost or redirected to the top..

http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=79_85

I went to Cappelas web site and ordered directly from there for special flavors wizard labs didn't have.

Also, once you start collecting flavors, its a good idea to create an itinerary or list of what you have and also label the company they came from. This is a sloppy list, and has been update to excel to make adjustments easier.

57E840F6-3F10-4123-A1D1-0B9399118F58-13845-0000053A052088FA_zpszpzwbirm.jpg

Not all flavors are created equally and you will want to be as specific in your notes as possible. Remember, fi you want consistent flavors, your notes need to being consistent as well.

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I order man of my flavors from here. They have a good range on their site properly labeled, BUT it can be a little tedious adding items to your cart without loosing your place in their looooong list.

So I suggest getting the grid view with 100 items per page. Then "rick clicking" on the item/flavor you want to look at, and open it on another tab in your browser, read about it. Then decide whether you want it or not, at this point you can either add it to your cart or close the page. Your place on the list wont be lost or redirected to the top..

http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=79_85

I went to Cappelas web site and ordered directly from there for special flavors wizard labs didn't have.

Also, once you start collecting flavors, its a good idea to create an itinerary or list of what you have and also label the company they came from. This is a sloppy list, and has been update to excel to make adjustments easier.

57E840F6-3F10-4123-A1D1-0B9399118F58-13845-0000053A052088FA_zpszpzwbirm.jpg

Not all flavors are created equally and you will want to be as specific in your notes as possible. Remember, fi you want consistent flavors, your notes need to being consistent as well.

Awesome! Keeping a spread sheet will be no problem. It seems my entire life is a spread sheet. Haha. Now for containing all of your stuff. Toolbox/tackle box? I'm assuming that makes everything a little easier and contained. Especially when you have dick head cats.

Stay Awesome \m/

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My storage boxes are various sized reclaimed wood from lobster traps down in the FL Keys

6164B937-FA1A-44C3-940D-2F89BFA6613A-16488-0000062ED6C5ECD2_zpsm3st8ooe.jpg

F0D685D3-221B-474F-98B8-AB6A73A752E9-16725-0000064195D6D9FF_zpsqpmutdl5.jpg

I have about 3 midway, and am working on a few racks as well. I will add cord handles and padding for mod box and pen cases.

62791A87-ED4E-482E-B307-B8A43CDAE960-13845-0000053F881714D0_zpsrbdd4zge.jpg

Sorry for the photo derail...Im not a fan of standard off the shelf type things, and am always making stuff out of random items I found at sea!

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
first off - Welcome to VU ! Lot's of great stuff here somethingpunny, MANY amazing DIY'ers here ! .. I just landed here as well and it's like disneyland for DIY.. excellent vendor information here as well.. just read a bit .. you will find recommends all through out the threads. I can say from experience to check out 'Bull City Vapors' for one. Best service EVER .. just from two orders.. each order sheet has a hand written 'thank you' scrawled on the order sheet.. really such a small thing .. but indicative of the care they take.

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My storage boxes are various sized reclaimed wood from lobster traps down in the FL Keys

6164B937-FA1A-44C3-940D-2F89BFA6613A-16488-0000062ED6C5ECD2_zpsm3st8ooe.jpg

F0D685D3-221B-474F-98B8-AB6A73A752E9-16725-0000064195D6D9FF_zpsqpmutdl5.jpg

I have about 3 midway, and am working on a few racks as well. I will add cord handles and padding for mod box and pen cases.

62791A87-ED4E-482E-B307-B8A43CDAE960-13845-0000053F881714D0_zpsrbdd4zge.jpg

Sorry for the photo derail...Im not a fan of standard off the shelf type things, and am always making stuff out of random items I found at sea!
Awesome! the DIY community reminds me so much of the pagan community. It's absolutely fantastic.

Stay Awesome \m/

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
first off - Welcome to VU ! Lot's of great stuff here somethingpunny, MANY amazing DIY'ers here ! .. I just landed here as well and it's like disneyland for DIY.. excellent vendor information here as well.. just read a bit .. you will find recommends all through out the threads. I can say from experience to check out 'Bull City Vapors' for one. Best service EVER .. just from two orders.. each order sheet has a hand written 'thank you' scrawled on the order sheet.. really such a small thing .. but indicative of the care they take.
Thank you Foggz! I'll be sure to check them out when I get paid!

Stay Awesome \m/

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using TFA?
If you are, you can take a try at this one...
I am still adjusting this recipe but it is pretty good as it is.
Orange Cream TFA

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's just what I was looking for! Now, I still don't understand the percentages and what not :x

Stay Awesome \m/
IMHO, the easy way to sort out the %s is with a calculator, such as the eJuice Me Up calculator from breaktru.com You put in what % of each flavor, the beginning strength of your base (e.g. 100mg 50/50 pg/vg), what you want the resulting mix to be, click tools/gram-set to enter in weights of PG/VG/flavor (if you want to mix by weight) and it does all the math for you.

On an aside, I prefer to mix by weight for the nic/PG/VG and just do the drop method for the flavors. Reason I do weight for the nic/PG/VG is because drop size will vary depending on the viscosity of the liquid (PG has different number of drops per ml than VG, for example) and being accurate on the nic/PG/VG is more important to me than the flavoring is.
50/50 pg/vg weighs out to 1.1425g/ml
PG 1.036 g/ml
VG 1.249 g/ml

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's just what I was looking for! Now, I still don't understand the percentages and what not :x

Stay Awesome \m/
The percentages are meant to be plugged into a calculator, unless your some kind of mathematical wizard.
Many of us use this one http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/166877/Example, but the ejuicemeup one is just fine.

Once you have the basics down, its time to build your shopping list and figure out what your gonna need. Everything is pretty easy until you get to the flavorings. Flavor is so subjective its hard to give solid advice on what another person is going to like, or simply be content with. However, there are many flavors that most people will enjoy, and some that are terrible. Its really important to research what your buying and get a grand consensus before you throw your cash at something that just sounds or looks good.

Please, when your about to order, post it and let us look at it. Also, let us know what types of flavors you like. There is alot of experience here and alot of people willing to help you get a good start.

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you using TFA?
Orange Cream TFA

A simple recipe to follow. That should be
A good on for my first one, right? And I can use all different flavors until I find which one fits me the best, right? It's not unsafe to mix from different companies, is it?

Stay Awesome \m/

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A simple recipe to follow. That should be
A good on for my first one, right? And I can use all different flavors until I find which one fits me the best, right? It's not unsafe to mix from different companies, is it?

Stay Awesome \m/
It's not "unsafe" to mix flavors from different vendors, but there are a few that don't jive with one another. There are many Lorann's that don't mix well with FA (at least that's what I've found out personally), but if you keep different flavor vendors' strengths in mind, you'll be okay. FA is more concentrated than TFA, which is stronger than most Capella's, etc.

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The percentages are meant to be plugged into a calculator, unless your some kind of mathematical wizard.
Many of us use this one http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/166877/Example, but the ejuicemeup one is just fine.

Once you have the basics down, its time to build your shopping list and figure out what your gonna need. Everything is pretty easy until you get to the flavorings. Flavor is so subjective its hard to give solid advice on what another person is going to like, or simply be content with. However, there are many flavors that most people will enjoy, and some that are terrible. Its really important to research what your buying and get a grand consensus before you throw your cash at something that just sounds or looks good.

Please, when your about to order, post it and let us look at it. Also, let us know what types of flavors you like. There is alot of experience here and alot of people willing to help you get a good start.

Thank you for being so helpful! I deffiently like fruits, Mellon, dragon fruit, acaĂ­, etc. but my biggest problem was finding an orange creme, because, well, it's probably the best tasting thing this side of a bacon cheese burger. I'd like to try other flavors as well. I recently purchased a Coconut Custard from Suicide Bunny and it was fantastic. I didn't think I liked custard, or coconut for that matter. But, you never know unless you try, right?

Stay Awesome \m/

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not "unsafe" to mix flavors from different vendors, but there are a few that don't jive with one another. There are many Lorann's that don't mix well with FA (at least that's what I've found out personally), but if you keep different flavor vendors' strengths in mind, you'll be okay. FA is more concentrated than TFA, which is stronger than most Capella's, etc.
o_O oh my. So much to consider. But that can be a good thing, for example if you wanted and under/over tone of a flavor. If it works anything like cooking that is.

Stay Awesome \m/

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a lot like cooking! We actually have some professional cooks on here that make excellent juices for that very reason. ;)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for being so helpful! I deffiently like fruits, Mellon, dragon fruit, acaĂ­, etc. but my biggest problem was finding an orange creme, because, well, it's probably the best tasting thing this side of a bacon cheese burger. I'd like to try other flavors as well. I recently purchased a Coconut Custard from Suicide Bunny and it was fantastic. I didn't think I liked custard, or coconut for that matter. But, you never know unless you try, right?

Stay Awesome \m/
If you like a creamy coconut flavor them TFA coconut extra is great. It can be used at low percentages to prop up cream flavors (.5-1%) or a little higher (1-3%) to add a coconut flavor. Flavourart coconut is also very good, but is very much like the flesh of the coconut, not so creamy. I wish i knew what the SB coconut custard tasted like (I dont buy pre made juice, ever), or I could point you to a good clone. As for other flavors, must haves would be TFA vanilla bean ice cream, TFA cheesecake graham crust, and TFA toasted marshmallow come to mind. TFA ry4 double is supposed to be a tobacco, but its more of a nutty, caramelly desert flavor, anyways its the best ry4 out there imo.
For fruits, I wish I could help more. But my faves are Capella sweet strawberry (candy ish but very good), and capella peaches and cream.
Im working on an orange cream with TFA orange cream, but havnt gotten there yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you using TFA?
Orange Cream TFA
Oh, so sorry. I went MIA! The % to me were a bit high, I'd drop the vanilla swirl to more like 4%, but that's just my preference for that one. I didn't much care for their orange cream flavoring. I really wanted to like that one!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, so sorry. I went MIA! The % to me were a bit high, I'd drop the vanilla swirl to more like 4%, but that's just my preference for that one. I didn't much care for their orange cream flavoring. I really wanted to like that one!
Yeah, it is a recipe I am still working on getting just right. I will try the VS at 4% as you recommend. I just find that the OC needed some little extra bump lol
I like you wanted that OC to be much more than it is, sadly it is not.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Orange Cream has a lot of fans, I hope that didn't come out wrong, or rude. It just wasn't the flavor I was looking for. That was in the very first order I had ever placed.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Orange Cream has a lot of fans, I hope that didn't come out wrong, or rude. It just wasn't the flavor I was looking for. That was in the very first order I had ever placed.
Its good, but needs alot of support to be a true 'orange cream'.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all! My two favorite flavors that I've caped so far have been Orange Creamsicle and Mellon. For the Mellon it was specifically High Voltage Short Circuit. I'm really looking for a killer recipe for the Orange Cream because, let's be honest, there aren't that many good ones out there, at least that I've tried. Either way, a recipe for either would be fantastic. Also, first time DIY-er. So please be patient! Thank you all!

Stay Awesome \m/

is this juice more orange cream, or is it a melon, if it is a melon, which melon: water, cantaloupe or other?

also.. here are some clones that was posted in my fb group the other day.. perhaps some are close, not a clue, as these are not mine.

1% strawberry lo

2% Cranberry lo

1% forest fruit fa

.5% bubble gum lo

.5% Sweet Tangy tfa

.25-.75% caffeine*

Tesla

8% Dragon fruit tfa

1.25% Bilberry fa

.75% Black current fa

1.25% mad fruit fa

.5% bubble gum lo

.25-.75% caffeine*

*Caffeine is optional

**These are only my thoughts on how this juice line should be.

Go easy on caffeine, if used for personal use. I do not recommend caffeine to be given to minors, or people who are sensitive to caffeine and it's effects. Use your head and your own judgement. Thank you, and vape safe.

***Caffeine can be purchased in powder form at ecigexpress

http://www.ecigexpress.com

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is this juice more orange cream, or is it a melon, if it is a melon, which melon: water, cantaloupe or other?

also.. here are some clones that was posted in my fb group the other day.. perhaps some are close, not a clue, as these are not mine.

1% strawberry lo

2% Cranberry lo

1% forest fruit fa

.5% bubble gum lo

.5% Sweet Tangy tfa

.25-.75% caffeine*

Tesla

8% Dragon fruit tfa

1.25% Bilberry fa

.75% Black current fa

1.25% mad fruit fa

.5% bubble gum lo

.25-.75% caffeine*

*Caffeine is optional

**These are only my thoughts on how this juice line should be.

Go easy on caffeine, if used for personal use. I do not recommend caffeine to be given to minors, or people who are sensitive to caffeine and it's effects. Use your head and your own judgement. Thank you, and vape safe.

***Caffeine can be purchased in powder form at ecigexpress

http://www.ecigexpress.com
Awesome! All of high voltage is so good. Do you know of a recipe for short circuit? That'd be killer.

Stay Awesome \m/

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I don't vape vendor juice often.. these are not my recipes.. but if they can help you out..
If you can tell what you taste, perhaps someone can work up a clone recipe for you.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My best advice would be to read and read and read some more in these threads. Pick out some recipes that sound good to you, then order the flavors for those recipes. You will find that there are a lot of the same flavors used in a lot of the recipes. There is a thread here somewhere, that are mixers most recommended flavors. Come on back with any questions!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
umm i think he was asking for a recipe to be created, and without info, not sure how that will happen..

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
umm i think he was asking for a recipe to be created, and without info, not sure how that will happen..
Not exactly, but i was just curious if anyone had heard of one in the ether that is the web. I'll get back to you on the flavors I taste. I went to pick some up and my vendor only had 18mg. Too high for me!

Stay Awesome \m/

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My friend attempted to clone the highvoltage as she couldnt find any herself.
I have looked out of curiosity, nopes nothing besides my friends recipes..

somethingpunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My friend attempted to clone the highvoltage as she couldnt find any herself.
I have looked out of curiosity, nopes nothing besides my friends recipes..
Ah well. On the bright side. Well I'm waiting for my girlfriend to give me the OK on me getting into making my own juice, I picked up some a delicious Mellon at my new favorite local shop.

Stay Awesome \m/

VU Sponsors