Become a Patron!

Parallel coils

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I built my first set of parallel coils and put them in the Vopoo Rune. It tooke me a whole roll of wire to get the hang of it. I used 8 wraps of 28 gauge parallels. It ohmed out a .41. It gives awesome vapor and flavor. Does anyone else use parallels and whats the best gauge? I tried 7 wraps of 26 but didnt like it as much as the 28. I always used a coil jig so it took me a really long time to catch on. Any secrets that make it easy?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I built my first set of parallel coils and put them in the Vopoo Rune. It tooke me a whole roll of wire to get the hang of it. I used 8 wraps of 28 gauge parallels. It ohmed out a .41. It gives awesome vapor and flavor. Does anyone else use parallels and whats the best gauge? I tried 7 wraps of 26 but didnt like it as much as the 28. I always used a coil jig so it took me a really long time to catch on. Any secrets that make it easy?

I liked to fold my wire in half and hold the loop against the jig while wrapping, that helped

No such thing as best gauge, it's a preference - go lower for more heat, higher for cooler vape

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I liked to fold my wire in half and hold the loop against the jig while wrapping, that helped

No such thing as best gauge, it's a preference - go lower for more heat, higher for cooler vape
28 gave me the best flavor. I saw no difference in vapor. Its hard to learn at first. My coils arent perfect but they fire evenly. Guess thats all that counts.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
28g is a pretty solid choice for fast ramp and heat threshold.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it fires immediately. Its not to hot and the flavor blows claptons away.
I didnt get as much flavor with 26. It ohmed lower and I didnt get more vapor either so I went with the 28. The thin gauge wire is really hard to work with. I struggle. Takes me a long time to get it right.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heres a parrelel 5 wrap .13 kanthal i was playing with. Nice fire, ok flavor. I personally prefer ni80 but had this so figured id try. Key to me is pulling tight when wrapping
57f9b1d173d027ebe32777cacab7d878.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room /car

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Heres a parrelel 5 wrap .13 kanthal i was playing with. Nice fire, ok flavor. I personally prefer ni80 but had this so figured id try. Key to me is pulling tight when wrapping
57f9b1d173d027ebe32777cacab7d878.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room /car
28g NI80 is way easier to do than SS (IMO). Im with you and much prefer NI80.

VU Sponsors