Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry Phil,

I am waiting for the crib notes to come out.

Can't make it through a 45 minute review.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How does he zoom the camera in while both his hands are busy on screen? That's a pretty nifty trick.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, a foot pedal. Some higher end cams have a foot pedal you can purchase for hands-free operation. :)

And I agree, @UncleRJ...I can't make it through any of Phil's reviews. They're WAY too long.

His are long because he actually gets into the technical aspects with equipment testing. Skip that and the other banter and you can whittle it down to around 20 minutes. I watch the meat of the reviews and skip the rest.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
His are long because he actually gets into the technical aspects with equipment testing. Skip that and the other banter and you can whittle it down to around 20 minutes. I watch the meat of the reviews and skip the rest.
I usually just turn them off when he starts the thumbs up thumbs down because he's just repeating everything he's already said and I don't really care who won the contest.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Phil,

That's what the slider is for. If I don't feel like killing time I just slide to the scope stuff then go to the thumbs up - thumbs down at the end.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Phil,

Oh i skipped through 90% of this video LOL.. i can NEVER make it through an entire video from him

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish this was a dual 18650 50 watt... just slightly wider/longer to accommodate the other batt.

he said he was getting between 6-7 hours on full wattage on a single charge with .5 build.. thats not bad at all imo.. this is supposed to be a small form factor to compete with the likes of the isticks.. I think the form factor is perfect and most of the other competitors don't even allow replacing the batteries so as much as it would be nice, i don't think dual batts was in the original design.. but i get what you are saying

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does he give it a thumbs up for clouper and shits on the eleaf?
Ya all his impartial pandering is shot.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was hoping that clouper would redeem themselves for the terrible T6 and T8's.. and they have always been stellar with the 30watt devices.. so either way I'm glad that the performance turned out to be good on these.. I was afraid I was taking a gamble buying it but for the price and everything it offers I'm happy with my decision.

Now I just need to get through the next 4 hours at work and hope that its at my doorstep!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapedCrusader *cough cough HACK!* yep boss I am sick.

Dude i seriously thought of working from home today but I had a stupid meeting I needed to be here for.. I have the clouper, KF v4, subtank, 250ml of juice, coil jig from rbasupplies, 26g wire and new batteries all ready to be played with when I get home! My gf is probably not going to be happy that my attention lies elsewhere tonight :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude i seriously thought of working from home today but I had a stupid meeting I needed to be here for.. I have the clouper, KF v4, subtank, 250ml of juice, coil jig from rbasupplies, 26g wire and new batteries all ready to be played with when I get home! My gf is probably not going to be happy that my attention lies elsewhere tonight :)
Skype into the meeting.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
like what I said before!!!
CLOUPOR WILL NEVER GET MY MONEY!! I dont why people kept buying this products even if they know what kind of company cloupor is... STICK with ELEAF,KAMRY,SIGELEI,JOYTECH,,KANGER,ASPIRE... this companies are legit, they been in the biz...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have seen two different cases of these things frying from the inside out. Just backs my reasoning for not buying anything Cloupor.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have seen two different cases of these things frying from the inside out. Just backs my reasoning for not buying anything Cloupor.
Considering the eleaf he thumbs downed is one of the more popular and dependable mods going right now in that price point... him shilling shit from a well known failure company makes me think clouper plied him with thai ladyboys on his china visit.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Considering the eleaf he thumbs downed is one of the more popular and dependable mods going right now in that price point... him shilling shit from a well known failure company makes me think clouper plied him with thai ladyboys on his china visit.

Thai Ladyboys. LMAO!!!! That is funny.

Yeah his reviews are usually very impartial. This one seemed forced.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thai Ladyboys. LMAO!!!! That is funny.

Yeah his reviews are usually very impartial. This one seemed forced.
He lost all credibility when he shit on the eleaf right before christmas. IMHO he finally showed his greasy colors.
Since the great elev8 clouper ass fucking of 2014, and seeing several people posting about the t6s just self destructing at random neither of those companies will ever see a dime from me.
Hell even if clouper sent me one of every model of their entire line up to test I would not put power through a single one.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So no stepdown, regulates voltage and wattage like shit on loads less than 2 or 3Ohms, has the infamous Cloupor firing delay while it "wakes up", plus has a battery door that is not really secure and he gives it a thumbs up? WTF? Yep, the review and his views are his alone.

I had 2 Cloupor's go tits up over the past 2 weeks, a 30W Chana and a T6. Buyer beware when purchasing Cloupor stuff. I certainly won't give them any of my future business.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
like what I said before!!!
CLOUPOR WILL NEVER GET MY MONEY!! I dont why people kept buying this products even if they know what kind of company cloupor is... STICK with ELEAF,KAMRY,SIGELEI,JOYTECH,,KANGER,ASPIRE... this companies are legit, they been in the biz...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Hmmm I also remember you talking shit about Provape saying they are not a legit company and no one should trust them or their customer service.. so not sure what you are referring to?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He lost all credibility when he shit on the eleaf right before christmas. IMHO he finally showed his greasy colors.
Since the great elev8 clouper ass fucking of 2014, and seeing several people posting about the t6s just self destructing at random neither of those companies will ever see a dime from me.
Hell even if clouper sent me one of every model of their entire line up to test I would not put power through a single one.

Yes.. the T6 and T8's were shit.. they clearly can't handle the higher watt devices.. but everyone I know that has had their 30w box mods haven't had any big issues.. I was hesitant as well.. but I'm not a huge fan of the istick (for the looks, non-replaceable battery etc) .. for 40$ i don't see a huge gamble

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So no stepdown, regulates voltage and wattage like shit on loads less than 2 or 3Ohms, has the infamous Cloupor firing delay while it "wakes up", plus has a battery door that is not really secure and he gives it a thumbs up? WTF? Yep, the review and his views are his alone.

I had 2 Cloupor's go tits up over the past 2 weeks, a 30W Chana and a T6. Buyer beware when purchasing Cloupor stuff. I certainly won't give them any of my future business.

.8 seconds really isn't a crazy delay.. I mean its literally not even a second lol it takes me about that to get it to my mouth from my desk.. so not a huge deal imo

I will say the battery cover rattle will be annoying but I'm sure it can be fixed.. I think EVERY device has had these minor issues. the button rattle of the new sig150's is pretty annoying too..

do I think the device is perfect? not at all. but for the price point and the options it gives - i think its a decent mod to take on the go and the form factor is great.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He lost all credibility when he shit on the eleaf right before christmas.

He didn't "Shit on" eleaf... he told it like it is and at that only had issues with a couple of items on it, as he clearly points out in the video, it isn't just about the numbers, it's about if the device works for you or not. The one minor issue he listed was the limited resistance range that allowed the device to work at the advertised 20w... and the real biggy is the fact that the device used MEAN to calculate the output with instead of RMS as is the accepted standard...

That means... on a 1.1Ω set at 8.1w ( MEAN or AVG as I call it ) which should be outputting 3.0v... it's really outputting 16.0w at 4.2v.

I see alot of folks saying just turn it down if it's firing hot... that was/is the lowest setting it will fire at that resistance, there is no further down it will go. So at it's lowest settings... its firing about a good 1v more than it should be.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

And yet you got all that information from his review. He's always said that you should take what you like from his thumbs up or thumbs down and ignore what you don't. I got enough to determine it's not for me and that's all I was looking for.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm I also remember you talking shit about Provape saying they are not a legit company and no one should trust them or their customer service.. so not sure what you are referring to?
PRO VAPE?? can you please enlighten me?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been looking at picking this one up and not very well versed on regulated devices but I do know i want a small box that takes a 18650 so checks those boxes. A 0.5 build is the highest I would want to go so this covers that but I'm not sure how well this would run low ohm atomizer with not having this step down deal. So if it can't run voltage below some floor, would I get a burnt, hot vape with say a orchid built at 0.5?

Like vapedcrusader said, I don't think waking it up would be that big of a deal to me. If I haven't touched it in 2 minutes, it's probably been 15+ since I set it down. So giving it a pulse to wake it up before my next session isn't a deal breaker to me.

For under $40 I can figure out how to get the cover to stay in one place and be ok with waking it up as long as it would run my out and about topper well. That's all I would use it for. Mech and rda is for at home ;)

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated :D

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Busardo Approved®

gfnm5yj.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ouch! That poor 25R battery!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Phil,

i was just gonna say, how does anyone talk for 45 min about a mod? oh yeah, it's phil. :p

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was hoping that clouper would redeem themselves for the terrible T6 and T8's.. and they have always been stellar with the 30watt devices.. so either way I'm glad that the performance turned out to be good on these.. I was afraid I was taking a gamble buying it but for the price and everything it offers I'm happy with my decision.

Now I just need to get through the next 4 hours at work and hope that its at my doorstep!
It is a piece of crap no step down, while doing the interview actually wore the paint off it by laying it down (do what). the battery cover moves around all over the place. .8 second delay when screen is off. IM really upset of Phil on this he normally would toss this as a piece of crap. The new Isticks put that thing to shame...

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been looking at picking this one up and not very well versed on regulated devices but I do know i want a small box that takes a 18650 so checks those boxes. A 0.5 build is the highest I would want to go so this covers that but I'm not sure how well this would run low ohm atomizer with not having this step down deal. So if it can't run voltage below some floor, would I get a burnt, hot vape with say a orchid built at 0.5?

Like vapedcrusader said, I don't think waking it up would be that big of a deal to me. If I haven't touched it in 2 minutes, it's probably been 15+ since I set it down. So giving it a pulse to wake it up before my next session isn't a deal breaker to me.

For under $40 I can figure out how to get the cover to stay in one place and be ok with waking it up as long as it would run my out and about topper well. That's all I would use it for. Mech and rda is for at home ;)

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated :D

If having 50w is not a top priority give the IPV Mini a consideration. Haven't heard anything bad about it. No door to worry about with swapping batteries. Simple tube cap. Another one that is on my radar is the Smok M50. But I am waiting on more reviews before committing.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is a piece of crap no step down, while doing the interview actually wore the paint off it by laying it down (do what). the battery cover moves around all over the place. .8 second delay when screen is off. IM really upset of Phil on this he normally would toss this as a piece of crap. The new Isticks put that thing to shame...

so I got mine and theres no rattle on the battery cover - the buttons have a slight rattle when u shake the device but nothing like the istick buttons.. its certainly not a 'piece of crap' whatsoever but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. for 40$ i don't see how its a waste of $ in the least.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PRO VAPE?? can you please enlighten me?

I'm not going to spend time looking through threads but you posted one about ProVape and their customer service and advised people to stay away from them.. Was this not you? If it wasn't then I guess the weed has finally affected my memory and I apologize lol.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apparently that is not the only one. I have seen a few instances of the Cloupor Mini melting down from the inside. I am guessing in similar fashion that people were having with the Hana clones.

ugh LOVELY.. guess I will need to check what my warranty entails.. mines been working great so far (knock on wood!) ripping the subtank at 30watts and its an amazing vape

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If having 50w is not a top priority give the IPV Mini a consideration. Haven't heard anything bad about it. No door to worry about with swapping batteries. Simple tube cap. Another one that is on my radar is the Smok M50. But I am waiting on more reviews before committing.

only gripe I keep hearing about the M50 is that the battery door is a pain in the ass to take off due to the very small hex screws.. but i guess there could be worse issues to worry about lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vapemail2.JPG
thing is a lot smaller than I expected.. subtank is a tad too big on it lol

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
only gripe I keep hearing about the M50 is that the battery door is a pain in the ass to take off due to the very small hex screws.. but i guess there could be worse issues to worry about lol

Yeah that is not really a worry to me. I have had my Vaporshark rDNA for a while now and can count the number of times I have taken the battery out on one hand. If easy swapping is an issue the IPV Mini is the way to go. Or wait for the 70w version of it which is coming soon. Depending on the M50 reviews I am either gonna get one of each or two IPV Minis.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah that is not really a worry to me. I have had my Vaporshark rDNA for a while now and can count the number of times I have taken the battery out on one hand. If easy swapping is an issue the IPV Mini is the way to go. Or wait for the 70w version of it which is coming soon. Depending on the M50 reviews I am either gonna get one of each or two IPV Minis.

I assume the Smok 50 has on board charging? Because yea in that case it doesn't really matter :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I assume the Smok 50 has on board charging? Because yea in that case it doesn't really matter :)

Sure does. Albeit on the bottom which is a royal PITA I agree it would be nice to be able to change batteries on the fly if needed. But I always make sure my devices are fully charged before heading out. And if I am gonna be out for a while I keep it on a USB charger and use it as a pass-thru until I get to where I am going.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
WHOA what happened?!
Cooked the board.

Found that on Facebook. The guy was pissed because he's only had the damn thing for a few days and it blew up. Fried his 25R battery, too.

He was even more pissed when the vendor he bought it from wouldn't touch it because it's Chinese. The guy kept posting rants on the company's FB page and they were being deleted. The vendor kept telling him to deal directly with the manufacturer. Finally...enough people jumped in and complained on his behalf and the vendor agreed to eat it. Supposedly he's going to "test" another Cloupor Mini for a week to make sure it isn't defective, and then give it to this guy.

VU Sponsors