Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cooked the board.

Found that on Facebook. The guy was pissed because he's only had the damn thing for a few days and it blew up. Fried his 25R battery, too.

He was even more pissed when the vendor he bought it from wouldn't touch it because it's Chinese. The guy kept posting rants on the company's FB page and they were being deleted. The vendor kept telling him to deal directly with the manufacturer. Finally...enough people jumped in and complained on his behalf and the vendor agreed to eat it. Supposedly he's going to "test" another Cloupor Mini for a week to make sure it isn't defective, and then give it to this guy.

That sucks man.. soo it looks like I'm not out of the woods yet... I will have to report back in a week and let you all know I still have both hands intact :)

luckily I do have 30 day money back warranty from the vendor I got it from for ANY issues.. so at least I can get something else worst case.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Personally, this is why I like mechanical mods. As long as you perform due diligence by reading up on Ohm's Law, there's very little that can go wrong. Use a good battery, build coils that are safe, and keep your mod clean...that's about it. I have a $100 USA-made mech mod that has a lifetime guarantee.

Toss a bunch of circuitry into the mix with Chinese manufacturing, and something is bound to snap.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, this is why I like mechanical mods. As long as you perform due diligence by reading up on Ohm's Law, there's very little that can go wrong. Use a good battery, build coils that are safe, and keep your mod clean...that's about it. I have a $100 USA-made mech mod that has a lifetime guarantee.

Toss a bunch of circuitry into the mix with Chinese manufacturing, and something is bound to snap.

Infected mod? haha saw your review - that thing is very nice.. been looking at those for awhile.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cooked the board.

Found that on Facebook. The guy was pissed because he's only had the damn thing for a few days and it blew up. Fried his 25R battery, too.

He was even more pissed when the vendor he bought it from wouldn't touch it because it's Chinese. The guy kept posting rants on the company's FB page and they were being deleted. The vendor kept telling him to deal directly with the manufacturer. Finally...enough people jumped in and complained on his behalf and the vendor agreed to eat it. Supposedly he's going to "test" another Cloupor Mini for a week to make sure it isn't defective, and then give it to this guy.

I've had 2 bad experiences in a row with Cloupor mods. I can't recommend them to any vaper with a clear conscience.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
PRO VAPE?? can you please enlighten me?

ProVape is the manufacturer of the Provari Mod.

Back in the day, they were just about the most advanced VV mod on the market. Very well made and very expensive.

And they kind of sat on their achievements while the competition snuck up on them with the new VW devices which became much more powerful. And at more reasonable prices.

Then, too little and too late, they came out with their lasted VW mod which IMHO does not go toe to toe with things like the Sigelei 100 watt mod or the others available.

They are still very well made.

As they should be for $300.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Infected mod? haha saw your review - that thing is very nice.. been looking at those for awhile.
Yup yup.

Just locked in the deal with Smokie this morning. I'm sponsoring a giveaway on the anniversary show of Mod Envy on 1/24. Be sure to tune in for a chance to win it. Last I heard, there's going to be over 100 giveaways.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup yup.

Just locked in the deal with Smokie this morning. I'm sponsoring a giveaway on the anniversary show of Mod Envy on 1/24. Be sure to tune in for a chance to win it. Last I heard, there's going to be over 100 giveaways.

I can usually never tune in .. Saturday's @ 10pm are not an ideal time for me.. which kinda sucks

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Back in the day, they were just about the most advanced VV mod on the market. Very well made and very expensive.

And they kind of sat on their achievements while the competition snuck up on them with the new VW devices which became much more powerful. And at more reasonable prices.

Then, too little and too late, they came out with their lasted VW mod which IMHO does not go toe to toe with things like the Sigelei 100 watt mod or the others available.

pretty sure he was trolling about not knowing who they were lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ok thanks for the info...
I dont remember myself commenting about pro vape....i never talk about stuff that im not aware!!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not going to spend time looking through threads but you posted one about ProVape and their customer service and advised people to stay away from them.. Was this not you? If it wasn't then I guess the weed has finally affected my memory and I apologize lol.
Are you sure that was me?? I never had a pro vape product, the only vv device I had 2 years ago was zmax mini and the zmax regular size, im not sure what your accusing is ACCURATE!!
Again I dont just TROLL here,I respect other VAPERS decision or Choices, I will comment something that I can relate ONLY!!
CLOUPOR IS A BAD COMPANY, Im not the only one that feels that way about them, and my comment about the CLOUPOR MINI IS TRUE!! STAY AWAY FROM THE CLOUPOR MINI, JUST GET THE KAMRY 20!!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure that was me?? I never had a pro vape product, the only vv device I had 2 years ago was zmax mini and the zmax regular size, im not sure what your accusing is ACCURATE!!
Again I dont just TROLL here,I respect other VAPERS decision or Choices, I will comment something that I can relate ONLY!!
CLOUPOR IS A BAD COMPANY, Im not the only one that feels that way about them, and my comment about the CLOUPOR MINI IS TRUE!! STAY AWAY FROM THE CLOUPOR MINI, JUST GET THE KAMRY 20!!

I did apologize before if I mistook you for someone else..so again my bad - I'm the first to admit when I jump the gun. (i still think it was you lol but I'll just keep quiet) . regardless either way there are not enough of these clouper's out in rotation to make such a broad statement.. if they all start blowing up on people then I will agree that they fucked up again - but its a tad early to tell and dontcha think?

And I did look at the Kamry's prior to buying this but the non-changeable battery was a huge turn off to me.. plus I wanted the extra 10 watts.. but I will agree that Kamry usually makes a stellar device.. Just wish they made the battery accessible

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did apologize before if I mistook you for someone else..so again my bad - I'm the first to admit when I jump the gun. (i still think it was you lol but I'll just keep quiet) . regardless either way there are not enough of these clouper's out in rotation to make such a broad statement.. if they all start blowing up on people then I will agree that they fucked up again - but its a tad early to tell and dontcha think?

And I did look at the Kamry's prior to buying this but the non-changeable battery was a huge turn off to me.. plus I wanted the extra 10 watts.. but I will agree that Kamry usually makes a stellar device.. Just wish they made the battery accessible
Its all good bro, I assure you that wasn't me!!
CLOUPOR MINI..
Ok maybe im too HARSH...im sorry
Kamry 20-23 watts...
Forget about the WATTS,KAMRY goes up to 8volts even with a lesser WATTS THIS BOX mod goes down to 0.3 dude think about that... And it looks a lot better than the CRAPOR MINI...
PEOPLE ARE carried away by the WATTSSSSS they tend to forget the importance of the mighty VOLTS!!
KAMRY might be using a STACKED 18350 TO GET 8VOLTS...
THINK ABOUT THAT...

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its all good bro, I assure you that wasn't me!!
CLOUPOR MINI..
Ok maybe im too HARSH...im sorry
Kamry 20-23 watts...
Forget about the WATTS,KAMRY goes up to 8volts even with a lesser this mod goes down to 0.3 dude think about that... And it looks a lot better than the CRAPOR MINI...
PEOPLE ARE carried away by the WATTSSSSS they tend to forget the importance of the mighty VOLTS!!
KAMRY might be using a STACKED 18350 TO GET 8VOLTS...
THINK ABOUT THAT...

The thing I think about is battery failure.. its a paper weight if anything happens to them.. I have flashbacks to the mvp V1's when they would barely hold a charge a couple months in.. and I had 2 fail within 6 mo's.. dead in the water.

So I hear yah, but for any closed off devices I like to wait a good amount of time to see how they really perform.. And kamry doesn't really have a track record for these types of devices so this was another factor.. In a few months I will deff consider getting one.

As much as clouper has sucked lately, MOST of their 30w devices stood up pretty well.. I understand not everyone agrees since their recent high wattage devices left a bad taste and people may have had some fault devices.. It happens.

I was willing to give them another shot with this one for the price and the 30 day warranty I got.. but I will be the first person to write them off again based on how this device performs for me.. Only time will tell

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so I got mine and theres no rattle on the battery cover - the buttons have a slight rattle when u shake the device but nothing like the istick buttons.. its certainly not a 'piece of crap' whatsoever but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. for 40$ i don't see how its a waste of $ in the least.
Hold on lets put all aside but the paint. If I was to buy ANYTHING and simply lay it down and it takes the paint off then it is a piece of crap. They had to know it would do that so obviously they did not care or to stupid to know or did not want to spend the money for a powder coat.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hold on lets put all aside but the paint. If I was to buy ANYTHING and simply lay it down and it takes the paint off then it is a piece of crap. They had to know it would do that so obviously they did not care or to stupid to know or did not want to spend the money for a powder coat.

I dunno man maybe i got lucky because i dont have a single scratch or issue w the paint on mine and ive been lying it down on various things throughout my house..

I have a jwrap coming tmorrow so i'm not too worried regardless.. No gripes from me yet and trust me i'm the frst person to bitch if i had anything whatsoever wrong with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can't say I'm surprised clown poor's new mod is shit! Nothing has been good since the t5 why are people falling for it still and buying!!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure that working Cloupor Mini mod that Busardo has no longer has a battery in it and it in the shit box somewhere in his vast vape gear collection.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty sure that working Cloupor Mini mod that Busardo has no longer has a battery in it and it in the shit box somewhere in his vast vape gear collection.
Heads up guy at work just had his catch fire almost caught his car on fire he just got on break so he caught it just as it was having a melt down. He said when he called the company he purchased it from the employee said he was the second complaint they have had. And are very seriously stopping all shipments.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I almost bought one last night. That scares me. Thank you guys... I haven't seen a lot of info on this and I looked.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I almost bought one last night. That scares me. Thank you guys... I haven't seen a lot of info on this and I looked.
I was looking into them while back till I held one and saw the cheap battery contacts and the lid that rock and rolled. I have one of the istick 20 mods and was very happy with the construction was going to buy the 30 watt because of all the improvements now considering the 50 watt version so IM back and forth on the decision.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do we know what the actual cause is of the melting? I still havent had a single issue - i may be the lucky one and if they do a recall i'll certainly be sending it back - any official word from clouper?

I dont believe rumors of cars almost exploding unless i see it or talk to the person myself lol

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do we know what the actual cause is of the melting? I still havent had a single issue - i may be the lucky one and if they do a recall i'll certainly be sending it back - any official word from clouper?

I dont believe rumors of cars almost exploding unless i see it or talk to the person myself lol

Where does it say anything about a car exploding!!!!! So tired of people half ass reading

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where does it say anything about a car exploding!!!!! So tired of people half ass reading

Car set on fire / exploded - whatever - but my response remains the same lol. When clouper calls for a recall then I'll worry.. too many other variables can factor into a few people's boards melting

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Car set on fire / exploded - whatever - but my response remains the same lol. When clouper calls for a recall then I'll worry.. too many other variables can factor into a few people's boards melting
Really are you that stupid it does not say anything about car on fire or exploding .

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I wish I could find the photo again...I know it was on imgur. Anyway...

Today I saw a couple photos of a Cloupor Mini that actually did catch a guy's car on fire. He leaves it in the front seat of his car while he's @ work, and comes out for a vape on his breaks. The damn thing caught fire and burned a hole through the car seat. Yes, this was an unattended/not being used device that was on standby.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could find the photo again...I know it was on imgur. Anyway...

Today I saw a couple photos of a Cloupor Mini that actually did catch a guy's car on fire. He leaves it in the front seat of his car while he's @ work, and comes out for a vape on his breaks. The damn thing caught fire and burned a hole through the car seat. Yes, this was an unattended/not being used device that was on standby.
After seeing the way the wiring I is in these I bet you are going to see a lot of this happening.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cloupor is quickly becoming the Ford Pinto of the APV world.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So has anyone contacted Clouper about these issues? I assume the person who's car caught on fire would be pretty anxious to hear their response back?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really are you that stupid it does not say anything about car on fire or exploding .

You said his car ALMOST caught on fire.. what does almost mean? Again - this doesn't change anything.. What sub-ohm build was he using? What batteries? These are all factors that could have led to these things.. I'm not defending Clouper in the slightest, but I think theres a lot of details people leave out on these 'caught on fire' stories that go around..

Pretty sure if it was that big of a hazard and these things were blowing up left and right, we would have heard something more about a recall..

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You said his car ALMOST caught on fire.. what does almost mean? Again - this doesn't change anything.. What sub-ohm build was he using? What batteries? These are all factors that could have led to these things.. I'm not defending Clouper in the slightest, but I think theres a lot of details people leave out on these 'caught on fire' stories that go around..

Pretty sure if it was that big of a hazard and these things were blowing up left and right, we would have heard something more about a recall..
I mentioned that he just got on his break at work, he had it on his seat and when he got in his car it was smoldering, If he had not been there at that time IM certain his seat would of caught fire and then the car. He does not sub ohm he uses nautilus with a 18650 mnke. 20a If you have been keeping up you will find out it is happening all over the local vape store here pulled them. IM sure all others that care will follow. Als he has been vaping for years like me he knows what he is doing. Phil Busardo stopped advertising for them and wrote and. article and people have contacted them all they got back from them are smartass remarks.

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mentioned that he just got on his break at work, he had it on his seat and when he got in his car it was smoldering, If he had not been there at that time IM certain his seat would of caught fire and then the car. He does not sub ohm he uses nautilus with a 18650 mnke. 20a If you have been keeping up you will find out it is happening all over the local vape store here pulled them. IM sure all others that care will follow. Als he has been vaping for years like me he knows what he is doing. Phil Busardo stopped advertising for them and wrote and. article and people have contacted them all they got back from them are smartass remarks.

I'm pretty sure theres another thread on this topic and the amount of issues is pretty minimal.. There was an issue with a batch - i made out lucky so far so that's all i'm concerned about. If a recall was warranted i highly doubt clouper would keep a bunch of bombs out in the market.. Unless they really are dumb

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty sure theres another thread on this topic and the amount of issues is pretty minimal.. There was an issue with a batch - i made out lucky so far so that's all i'm concerned about. If a recall was warranted i highly doubt clouper would keep a bunch of bombs out in the market.. Unless they really are dumb

Clouper admitted only 40 to 50 melt downs and said no big deal. lol so take it for what it is. Really, I would like to see that thread because all I have herd is otherwise.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Clouper admitted only 40 to 50 melt downs and said no big deal. lol so take it for what it is. Really, I would like to see that thread because all I have herd is otherwise.

That is 40-50 too many. There should be fail-safes in place to revent something like this from happening. And this is nothing new for Cloupor. There were issues with some of their past devices melting or catching fire. They have to know about those issues and the design flaw that caused them. Instead of fixing them they apparently passed the same design to the MIni. Cloupor does not care.

VU Sponsors