Become a Patron!

Perfect Vape Hardware for me

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi and Hello,
New here and really need some help.

I finally decided to quit smoking ;) So I went to a fellow vapor for some help, a friend of a friend. He gave me a old spinner 2 set up try to see if I really wanted to stick with it, he said when I was sure go to a shop and find something you like. Fast forward 2 weeks later. (what I liked about this is it was easy to use and my juice tasted good it didn't leak but what I didn't like about it is I had to draw really hard)
Vape shop helped me get set up with
Kanger SUBVOD Starter kit
Worked good for a day started leaking juice everywhere, took it back got it replaced 2 days later same thing. (What I liked about this as I had control of the draw and again my juice tasted good)
When I took back the second time they told me to try this one Joye eGo AIO. I have had this one for about a week and a half now and (what I like about it has a great draw I have control of the airflow and it makes my juice taste great) the only problem I'm having with it is it constantly pools juice the reservoir below the tip therefore it eventually gets in my mouth. I talked to the shop that sold me this same shop as before and they told me I was drawing too hard on it I don't know if this is true or not but that's they told me. They told me to bring it in and I could exchange it for something else. So I did they told me to try this one eGo Mega Twist. So it really seemed quite a lot larger than the other three that I've had I have had which was not exactly a problem (I have had zero problems no leaking no spitting no hard draw with it except for the fact that it makes my juice taste like plain smoke )and the point of me trying to find a product that works for me was to get away from that taste because all it does is remind me of smoking which is something that I don't want to do.

I am sure this is way too much information but I wanted to be as clear as possible so that way that I can get an answer to my question which by the way we are now getting to

In your honest opinion if I wanted a piece of hardware that made my juice taste good and didn't leak and air flow control what would you suggest????????

Thank you for your time and answers sorry if this was too long

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest a box mod and an RTA. Good mix for a beginner and you can get an RTA with coils you simply swap out. There will be far more capabilites to get it setup for your vaping style. This is just my opinion of course.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fraleywe,
First off Thank you for your reply.
A box mod huh well what kind would you suggest.?
RTA? Don't know what that is but I will look it up.
Again what kind?
Sounds good to have something to work as intended ;)
But then again I won't know how to set it up to do what I want. :huh:
Is there sites that can teach me what I need to know?
Thanks again

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fraleywe,
First off Thank you for your reply.
A box mod huh well what kind would you suggest.?
RTA? Don't know what that is but I will look it up.
Again what kind?
Sounds good to have something to work as intended ;)
But then again I won't know how to set it up to do what I want. :huh:
Is there sites that can teach me what I need to know?
Thanks again
There is a thread on here for beginners. An RTA is an atomizer (sits on top of the box mod) that typically takes cartridges for coils and you just fill the glass chamber with liquid. You can get them in all kinds of sizes and the coils can be had for low or high wattage use. The smok baby beast is a good starter rta IMO. There are a lot of people here with far more knowledge than me though. If you prefer the stick type, there are some which include the rta. If you like a strong hit, which you will have to learn, you can always upgrade to a bigger rta later with a standard box mod.

If you expect to be using it a lot throughout the day, I would suggest a dual battery mod. It's really hard to say anything will be 100% correct, but starting with something like a Smok Alien or other smallish dual battery mod seems to be a successful recipe for many. Just realize you get what you pay for and most local shops charge as much for a cheap mod as you pay online for a much better mod.

Hopefully others will chime in soon with their recommendations. I just want you to be successful in quitting cigarettes.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fraleywe,

Found the thread and what a RTA was :rolleyes:
I don't like a hard throat hit, but from my understanding I inhale hard. So I would imagine low wattage? I also seem to prefer the dessert and fruit flavors,answer I like to see the clouds lol
As far as using a lot yeah probably went from a pack and a half a day to nothing. Lol.
I'm not expecting perfection but I would like something to work for more than a few days.

Yeah the shops around here are pretty high for what I feel is not a great product at least for me.

So far your suggestions are great I really appreciate it. Oh yeah gonna succeed. Besides smelling like toasted marshmallows is way better than Marlboro
Thanks again

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The smok baby beast gives great flavor and respectable clouds which is an excellent choice for a rda! You might want to check out a mod with a built in battery so you don't need to mess with batteries.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 for the baby beast. not many problems with them. The Eleaf Pico pairs up with it nicely. You'll need a battery also and can charge it in the mod. There are lots of good choices available and I'm sure you'll get other suggestions.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The smok baby beast gives great flavor and respectable clouds which is an excellent choice for a rda! You might want to check out a mod with a built in battery so you don't need to mess with batteries.

Thank you for your suggestions, Do you have any suggestions for a built in battery mod.?
Thanks again

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
+1 for the baby beast. not many problems with them. The Eleaf Pico pairs up with it nicely. You'll need a battery also and can charge it in the mod. There are lots of good choices available and I'm sure you'll get other suggestions.

Baby Beast seems to be on a roll .I will also be looking at the Pico. Thank you and WTG on 2 Yr mark. Excellent job

Last edited:

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your suggestions, Do you have any suggestions for a built in battery mod.?
Thanks again
I use an mvp4 with the baby beast and it lasts me all day. There is multiple mods with batteries that you can charge via usb.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use an mvp4 with the baby beast and it lasts me all day. There is multiple mods with batteries that you can charge via usb.

So basically you took the tank from one manufacturer and put it on the mod of a different one. Didn't know that was how it was done. So when yall, are saying baby beast yall are just talking about the tank not the smoke mod box?
So I need to find a set up that's
Great flavor. some clouds, air control, bought coils,
something that doesn't take a rocket scientist to set up

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So basically you took the tank from one manufacturer and put it on the mod of a different one. Didn't know that was how it was done. So when yall, are saying baby beast yall are just talking about the tank not the smoke mod box?
So I need to find a set up that's
Great flavor. some clouds, air control, bought coils,
something that doesn't take a rocket scientist to set up
You can mix and match tanks and mods if you want or keep with the same manufacturer. It really doesn't matter on most mods.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use the smok box mod but it takes batteries but you can charge it with a usb. I don't recommend it because a lot of people have issues with the paint coming off. The baby beast has all the things your looking for!

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can use the smok box mod but it takes batteries but you can charge it with a usb. I don't recommend it because a lot of people have issues with the paint coming off. The baby beast has all the things your looking for!

Thank you for the clarification
I was wondering about that

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SMOK Stick V8 with TFV8 Big Baby Beast Kit
So something like this.?

Or like this

Smok OSUB 80W Baby Mod / Kit + TFV8 Baby

Thanks again

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
heck if your prefer a mouth to lung style you could go old schoolish and use an aspire nautilus on the MVP or any mod. that tank has a little air flow control butt is not quite as open as the baby beast. the baby is a nice tank in terms of cloud and flavor depending on which coil you use.

my personal device suggestions not in any order
1.minikin 2 by asmodus ( has room to grow wattage wise and a few TC choices that you dont need yet) powered by 2x18650s
2. whatever the newest MVP is lost count at 4
3. take any of the newer ipv's lost count at 5
read up on some here https://www.vapinginsider.com/best-vape-starter-kit/
tank choice tons see https://www.ecassoc.org/vape-tanks/#The_Top_Tanks_For_Mouth_To_Lung_Vaping

• 1 – Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast (Cloud Chasing)
  • 2 – GeekVape Avocado (Flavor)
  • 3 – SvoëMesto Kayfun V5 (High-end)
  • 4 – Joyetech CUBIS Sub Ohm (Mouth to Lung)
  • 5 – Aspire Nautilus Mini (Quitting Smoking/Beginners)
  • 6 – Eleaf iJust 2 TC (Budget/Cheap)
  • 7 – Sigelei Moonshot 24 (RTA)
  • 8 – Vaporfi Edge (Largest Capacity)
  • 9 – Uwell Crown 2 Subohm Tank (Sub Ohm)

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heck if your prefer a mouth to lung style you could go old schoolish and use an aspire nautilus on the MVP or any mod. that tank has a little air flow control butt is not quite as open as the baby beast. the baby is a nice tank in terms of cloud and flavor depending on which coil you use.

1.minikin 2 by asmodus ( has room to grow wattage wise and a few TC choices that you dont need yet) powered by 2x18650s
tank choice tons see https://www.ecassoc.org/vape-tanks/#The_Top_Tanks_For_Mouth_To_Lung_Vaping

He just started vaping and I wasn't trying to name things that he had to make his own coils.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hard and fast inhale (while still allowing for a little bit of a ramp up time to start up the serious clouds, that is) with big clouds certainly is possible without causing the flavor to be muted as a result, but IMO you want big custom built coils and high wattages for that. I don't own any RTAs because I find that the flavor gets worse after a day of vaping on them so I'll stick to using RDAs, and swear by them in fact. I started vaping 13 weeks ago so now I own four RDAs... already ordered my fifth one. For my vaping style the batteries need to hit hard so Sony VTC5A batteries (not to be confused with VTC5) are all I ever use for batteries. A fair bunch of them.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Uwell crown v1 is really good for flavour doesn't leak probably one of the best flavour wise on the pre made coil market ...some of the coil batches were known to have issues never experienced it myself though

Smok Baby beast or the Smoktfv4 mini are good alrounders though Smok coils aren't always sealed well so you do need to prep them well before using or you get leaking

The Smok TFV8 cloud beast is the bigger brother of these needs higher wattages (80w and up) to work with though great alround atty especially to TF-T8 coils

Aspire Nautilus mini is also another good choice

Assume you want to buy premade coils to start with rather than make your own?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it is it constantly pools juice the reservoir below the tip therefore it eventually gets in my mouth

In my experience, pooling under the DT is just a fact of life. You just have to remove the DT and clean out the pooled juice with a paper towel. I find that the lower the wattage I vape the the less pooling I get under the DT.

The higher the wattage, the hotter the vaper the more condensation the more pooing I get.

I'm surprised that vape shop took the eGo AIO back for exchange for pooling under the DT. It's not a defect.

Just my experience.

Good luck on your search for that perfect vape. IMHO, there is no such thing.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thank you thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed reply I am definitely going to be looking into all of these

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uwell crown v1 is really good for flavour doesn't leak probably one of the best flavour wise on the pre made coil market ...some of the coil batches were known to have issues never experienced it myself though

Smok Baby beast or the Smoktfv4 mini are good alrounders though Smok coils aren't always sealed well so you do need to prep them well before using or you get leaking

The Smok TFV8 cloud beast is the bigger brother of these needs higher wattages (80w and up) to work with though great alround atty especially to TF-T8 coils

Aspire Nautilus mini is also another good choice

Assume you want to buy premade coils to start with rather than make your own?
Yes I definitely will not be making my own coils I really want it for convenience purposes and yes flavor is most important to me after the fact of everything working properly if I can get something to work solidly for me and it tastes good I will be less likely to go back to smoking thanks again for your reply

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my experience, pooling under the DT is just a fact of life. You just have to remove the DT and clean out the pooled juice with a paper towel. I find that the lower the wattage I vape the the less pooling I get under the DT.

The higher the wattage, the hotter the vaper the more condensation the more pooing I get.

I'm surprised that vape shop took the eGo AIO back for exchange for pooling under the DT. It's not a defect.

Just my experience.

Good luck on your search for that perfect vape. IMHO, there is no such thing.

Honestly I think they were just trying to help me out and for the same fact that I had bought the original Kanger from them they were just trying to make good on me buying product from them.

Yeah like I said previously I really just want something to work properly that gives me great flavor I'm not expecting Perfection or absolutely no issues but it just seemed like I was having issue after issue after issue but thanks again for your reply

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard and fast inhale (while still allowing for a little bit of a ramp up time to start up the serious clouds, that is) with big clouds certainly is possible without causing the flavor to be muted as a result, but IMO you want big custom built coils and high wattages for that. I don't own any RTAs because I find that the flavor gets worse after a day of vaping on them so I'll stick to using RDAs, and swear by them in fact. I started vaping 13 weeks ago so now I own four RDAs... already ordered my fifth one. For my vaping style the batteries need to hit hard so Sony VTC5A batteries (not to be confused with VTC5) are all I ever use for batteries. A fair bunch of them.
This is why I am such a fan of RDTAs

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This is why I am such a fan of RDTAs

Same my favourite atty class hands down best of both worlds :) just picked up the pharoah dripper tank it's bloody awesome it's not really a dripper more like the medusa my favourite single atty so far

still I digress sorry OP

bfrisky

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi and Hello,
New here and really need some help.

I finally decided to quit smoking ;) So I went to a fellow vapor for some help, a friend of a friend. He gave me a old spinner 2 set up try to see if I really wanted to stick with it, he said when I was sure go to a shop and find something you like. Fast forward 2 weeks later. (what I liked about this is it was easy to use and my juice tasted good it didn't leak but what I didn't like about it is I had to draw really hard)
Vape shop helped me get set up with
Kanger SUBVOD Starter kit
Worked good for a day started leaking juice everywhere, took it back got it replaced 2 days later same thing. (What I liked about this as I had control of the draw and again my juice tasted good)
When I took back the second time they told me to try this one Joye eGo AIO. I have had this one for about a week and a half now and (what I like about it has a great draw I have control of the airflow and it makes my juice taste great) the only problem I'm having with it is it constantly pools juice the reservoir below the tip therefore it eventually gets in my mouth. I talked to the shop that sold me this same shop as before and they told me I was drawing too hard on it I don't know if this is true or not but that's they told me. They told me to bring it in and I could exchange it for something else. So I did they told me to try this one eGo Mega Twist. So it really seemed quite a lot larger than the other three that I've had I have had which was not exactly a problem (I have had zero problems no leaking no spitting no hard draw with it except for the fact that it makes my juice taste like plain smoke )and the point of me trying to find a product that works for me was to get away from that taste because all it does is remind me of smoking which is something that I don't want to do.

I am sure this is way too much information but I wanted to be as clear as possible so that way that I can get an answer to my question which by the way we are now getting to

In your honest opinion if I wanted a piece of hardware that made my juice taste good and didn't leak and air flow control what would you suggest????????

Thank you for your time and answers sorry if this was too long
I started vaping in February. And like you they started me off with the AIO. I found that this didn't satisfy for long and had battery issues. Not enough life! I switched to the evic VTwo mini with the cleito tank. Great juice capacity, great clouds, ability for a nice restricting draw. I have since switched to the cleito RTA. And it is wonderful! I like to tinker so this is great for me but the factory atomizer is great as well and a decent price $20/5. If you prime them right they will last you weeks. There are a lot of amazing people here helping me through my journey, so I am by no means and expert like a lot of the posters on this thread. Hope this finds you well and hope you find it helpful!

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started vaping in February. And like you they started me off with the AIO. I found that this didn't satisfy for long and had battery issues. Not enough life! I switched to the evic VTwo mini with the cleito tank. Great juice capacity, great clouds, ability for a nice restricting draw. I have since switched to the cleito RTA. And it is wonderful! I like to tinker so this is great for me but the factory atomizer is great as well and a decent price $20/5. If you prime them right they will last you weeks. There are a lot of amazing people here helping me through my journey, so I am by no means and expert like a lot of the posters on this thread. Hope this finds you well and hope you find it helpful!

Thank you for your detailed response, I actually have a short list (3) and am debating on which one is the one for me. I will make sure to look yours up as well. Thank you so much

VU Sponsors