Become a Patron!

Persimmon Creme Brulee

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not overly fond of thick custard, buttery mixes and for me the persimmon in this recipe provides fine balance and contrast to the lightly burnt caramel & custard notes in the creme brulee...

per-creme-brulee.jpg

With INW doing most of the "heavy lifting" in this mix, the recipe is simple.

To your favorite Nic./PG/VG blrend add:

.8% FLV Persimmon
2% INW Creme Brulee
.5% FA Fresh Cream

(Note: for those on a weight reduction diet, .7% TPA Dairy Milk may be substituted for the rich Fresh Cream :))

Keep your eye on the clock and shake the capped mix for 3-4 minutes. Use of mechanical/electrical mixing devices or hot water baths is not suggested. Such methods may upset the very delicate creme brulee texture & flavor notes.:rolleyes: (and are totally unnecessary)

Put the mix in a cool, dark location for 4-7 days, load up and vape away.

Ron
---
"Perception is largely an emotional response. How we feel affects the way we see the world. "-Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's crazy. I made the same mix last weekend using .75% INW Lime. Yours sounds great. Mine taste like lime with something else in there and more lime and if you really concentrate while vaping,,, you can taste more lime .:gaah:

My paltry mixing experience with the creme brulee seems to indicate that some of it's flavor notes might not "play well with others". In particular would be it's light dark/burnt caramel aspects. I tried the OP mix with 1 drop of FLV Rich Cinnamon (per 30mls) and another with .2% of FLV Bourbon. An initial S&V to me indicated that in the least, additional ageing would be warranted. :)

It could be the creme brulee flavor is such that the addition of too many other flavors with it may be detrimental. :confused: I see time and further testing in my future.

Ron
---
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."- Jack London

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My paltry mixing experience with the creme brulee seems to indicate that some of it's flavor notes might not "play well with others". In particular would be it's light dark/burnt caramel aspects. I tried the OP mix with 1 drop of FLV Rich Cinnamon (per 30mls) and another with .2% of FLV Bourbon. An initial S&V to me indicated that in the least, additional ageing would be warranted. :)

It could be the creme brulee flavor is such that the addition of too many other flavors with it may be detrimental. :confused: I see time and further testing in my future.

Ron
---
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."- Jack London
I wounder how it would work with CAPs NY Cheesecake.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wounder how it would work with CAPs NY Cheesecake.
I'm not sure I would be a decent candidate to try. What little I have left is 3 or so years old and I'm too indecisive to determine if the Original or V2 version should be in my next order. :(

I'm thinking perhaps FLV Fig will be the next flavor for me to try with the Creme Brulee.....

Ron
---
"If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?"- John Wayne

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure I would be a decent candidate to try. What little I have left is 3 or so years old and I'm too indecisive to determine if the Original or V2 version should be in my next order. :(

I'm thinking perhaps FLV Fig will be the next flavor for me to try with the Creme Brulee.....

Ron
---
"If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?"- John Wayne
I have the original NYCcake. I'll give it a go next mixing session. Hopefully I'll remember:facepalm:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about cream brulee and blueberry? I was thinking cream brulee, blueberry, with a touch of fa walnut. Maybe a cream thrown in.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Shweet!! Nice recipe, @RonJS !!
I'd take it for a spin, but I lack some flavors.. will toss in some other flv's and play around..
Good to see you are enjoying yourself! Keep it up! :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@RonJS thanks for linking this! Think I’ll try without the Persimmon ;)

Edit: typo I’ll try it without the Persimmon

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@RonJS thanks for linking this! Think I’ll try with the Persimmon ;)

The creme brulee can do well in many combinations. Especially fruits.

Because of it's Big honey notes (for me), mixing some up with FLV Thai Chai continues to be on my "to do" list.

Ron
---
"It’s not that I’ve been dishonest, it’s just that I loathe reality."- Lady Gaga

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
That's crazy. I made the same mix last weekend using .75% INW Lime. Yours sounds great. Mine taste like lime with something else in there and more lime and if you really concentrate while vaping,,, you can taste more lime .:gaah:
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the original NYCcake. I'll give it a go next mixing session. Hopefully I'll remember:facepalm:

Reading Amber's review over at BCF ( https://www.bullcityflavors.com/creme-brulee-yc-inw/ )

"I decided to add in a little NY Cheesecake for the heck of it, and they go together quite nicely."

That might be worth a shot...:idea:

EDIT: Mebbe adding a touch of FE Sweet Rice too?

Ron
---
"Sweet Oblivion, open your arms!"- Wednesday Addams

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you know what might go really good with that...lime :giggle:

I'll bet you must mean the lime flavor that was not available when Squonk tried something similar last time...(FA Key Lime) :yes:

Ron
---
"Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsing around on the airplane?"-Major T. J. "King" Kong (Dr. Strangelove)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now I want to mix up something Creme Bruleeyiey. I'm thinking coconut and banana, but I have 2 coconuty things mixed already. Maybe I'll just do SA with a little cream.
Lucky you! I don’t have the INW Creme Brûlée yet. That’s what I was thinking when I do get it. Following @RonJS recipe without the FLV Persimmon :)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reading Amber's review over at BCF ( https://www.bullcityflavors.com/creme-brulee-yc-inw/ )

"I decided to add in a little NY Cheesecake for the heck of it, and they go together quite nicely."

That might be worth a shot...:idea:

EDIT: Mebbe adding a touch of FE Sweet Rice too?

Ron
---
"Sweet Oblivion, open your arms!"- Wednesday Addams
I mixed up another version of rice pudding(damn it's good) using INW Custard. It was a toss up between that and Creme Brulee. Next batch I'll try CB.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What about cream brulee and blueberry? I was thinking cream brulee, blueberry, with a touch of fa walnut. Maybe a cream thrown in.
I tried blueberry in Creme Brulee and originally, used too much of it. So I threw it away, and tried again, but with 1 drop of Blueberry/10ml (TFA Extra). It was way better, but was a back note. So IMO, is somewhat challenging to get that perfect blend. I have yet to try it with FW Blueberry, but would do it the same way, and bet it would be better, and with FA Fresh Cream. The walnut? IDK? Again, probably a delicate procedure may be involved. Like adding 1drop/30ml sweetener maybe, or 1% sweet cream to make whatever % you use to stand out, IDK.

Non the less, looks like a fun experiment, that could turn out to be a great vape

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you get around trying it with the NY Cheesecake?
I forgot all about it.:facepalm:
4eccd3a3b047160e6309d4511602e669b70733355a8fcd364ce7dbe6af4d9441.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just finished mixing up 30ml & it smells divine! Finger taste just as divine! :inlove:Can’t wait to try it in a few days!
Thanks @RonJS :blowkiss:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@RonJS day 4 of steep. You have a winner!!!!
It’s absolutely delicious! I’m so happy you reminded me that I never got the FLV Persimmon!

Everyone should definitely make this! It’s sooooooo yummmmmmmy!

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
I’m so sad, spilled half my bottle, stupid tip blew off while I was refilling :sad:

I’ll be mixing more tomorrow!

VU Sponsors