Become a Patron!

Pet Pics: Cats - Share your cats & other pet pics here!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is Reven - he's the namesake behind our kitty rescue. He was attacked by a coyote when he was only 2 months old. His only remaining sign that he was attacked is his lower jaw is a bit wonky, but you can't tell unless he tips his head up. He eats just like any other cat, and he loves to give kisses.
1004982_430176703748543_1613964852_n.jpg

Feel free to share your own kitties & kittens here... (or your other pets, we like them too!) We rescue so we've got a TON of photos we can share, how about the rest of you?

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry didn't see that it was a cat specific thread, just saw pet pics.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry didn't see that it was a cat specific thread, just saw pet pics.
Its okay I figured since some folks have an aversion to one or the other we'd keep it separate, though its okay I can't edit the thread to be all animals.

PS I like your lizard...story.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cool. :)

This is my Tiki.

8WO3ul.jpg

I've had her for about two and half years now and she was a stray at a friend's house who asked if I wanted her. Well, we hit it right off and she's a great companion. Every night at bedtime, no matter where she is, she'll come and jump up on the bed and curl up with me...ever since the first night I had her. If I am up late, she'll hop on the bed and just stare or trill at me..."why ain't you going to sleep now"...heh. Cute.

She's a Mackerel Tabby DSH, not sure but I think a touch of Bronze Mau as well. The fur is black and white with orange underneath and with silver tips...so she changes color when she bends. It's trippy.

She doesn't meow, just chirps and warbles like a Tribble instead. Very smart kitty. Also has the primordial belly pouch and the spotting, loves being up high and is a bigtime runner and leaper. Lots of character. =)

Loves the belly rubs.... :D

yPLg5l.jpg

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bobby.jpg Bobby BunnyPanda.jpg Panda BearPanda2.jpg Panda on his favorite spot in the house. His mother's travel bag.
Spock and Pokey.jpg Prince Spock and Pokey(the calico)
I came home to Texas cause I could get help going back to college and some other help. I had to leave them back with their mommy, but I will be going back when I get my degree done and will probably return to class up there and get a job.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS Almost forgot to clarify Bobby Bunny is called that cause she runs like a bunny and bobby cause when she was a kitten she was not ours and running wild near our house I found her one day missing 3/4 of her tail and bleeding and being the softy I am for animals I had to get her to the vet and she has lived with us since that day. Panda Bear we rescued from a field in front of a hospital and someone was feeding him eggs with onions(a big no no for cats it can kill them), so on trying to rescue him he hid in the axle of a Geo Metro and we caught him and took him home to nurse him to health. His name story is when he was a kitten he liked to lay on his back and when you would rub his tummy he would put both his front paws in the air kinda like that youtube video of the kitten getting tickled. Pokey was a stray and her brother Sammy rescued them from the harsh winter of the north a few years back. Like I said can't see a suffering baby and not try to get it help. Pokey is the bravest of the cats and like to get into everything you are doing. Sammy's name is Samiel and he is white with a black heart on his hip. I would have put his picture up but I don't have one available(He hates cameras).

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, reminds me....I got Tiki on a Friday the 13th in -10F weather. Man was she happy to get inside.

This is that first night...she was so tiny, still cold and had just devoured a bunch of rinsed-out tuna. A bit dirty from the being outside, but that got taken care of.

jYC17.jpg

(Sorry about the crappy pic, That old camera I had and bad lighting/goldenrod drapes don't mix well)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those Northern winters are a killer.

Yeah, it was a really cold February that year too. Oh, and she came with a big infestation of ear mites...man she was not comfy. Had scratched one ear so much it had scabs on it. But, got that cleared up and she's a happy spoiled-rotten Tiki-kitteh now. :)

The name comes from when I first met her...
She came up to me and stood up on her hindquarters like a prairie dog and wanted to be petted. For some reason, she reminded me of a Tiki statue and it stuck. :D

Someone had loved her once though; she'd been fixed and front de-clawed too...with the nicer operation that leaves the toes intact. Very well mannered and trained too. My guess is that she was a gramma's cat and she passed or something and the kids didn't want her.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh can't stand declawing a cat it takes their natural defense away. I understand people don't want stuff clawed to hell but caps are cheaper and they can defend themselves and they can feel like they are clawing stuff without taking their defense away. It's funny how natural a name for an animal is when you see their personality or how they react to things.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ugh can't stand declawing a cat it takes their natural defense away. I understand people don't want stuff clawed to hell but caps are cheaper and they can defend themselves and they can feel like they are clawing stuff without taking their defense away. It's funny how natural a name for an animal is when you see their personality or how they react to things.

I agree, I'd never de-claw a cat. But, at least she had it done the right way and she isn't walking around on bone. Must have been done very young too, as she's totally aware of it like they were never there. She can still jump and climb though...she's adapted.

The back claws are lethal though...her legs are super muscular and I have a scar on my thigh to prove it. Dumb me tried to pick her up one time and she wanted down NOW...used my leg as a springboard...ow....:D

She can't stand to be picked up at all...immediate fear/flee reaction, whimpers and cries if I try it even for a few seconds. Odd eh?

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really Pokey is has that reaction she loved to sleep on me but pick her up and the fight was on. Well at least she was declawed the right way. The vet we used wouldn't even entertain the notion of declawing any animal. Teeth and rear claws are still there so they aren't entirely defenseless just on of their main defenses is gone.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cute baby you got there.
And she is a baby too...likes to get on my desk and fuck with the keyboard while I'm typing....funny thing though, she only gets on the desk when I'm sitting at it and expects me to pet her and rub her neck....other than that, she never gets on it...

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And she is a baby too...likes to get on my desk and fuck with the keyboard while I'm typing....funny thing though, she only gets on the desk when I'm sitting at it and expects me to pet her and rub her neck....other than that, she never gets on it...
Place an empty box on the side away from your mouse. Cats love boxes. No need for three hundred dollar cat toys just a cardboard box. Place a few treats in it and she'll know your cool with her there.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are already boxes and the cats love em...I've had many cats over the years....I actually have 2 of them at the moment...the older one, Coco, is 6 yrs old and absolutely hates Abby...which is probably because Abby finds great delight in harassing the crotchety older cat who was the baby before she came along...lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, Tiki's bed is the top of my dresser about 4' up and it's just an old heavy fleece pullover she always liked.

Because one day not long after moving in the new Apt., I found this:

NjZEn44m.jpg

IDK how she managed that one, but I soon moved stuff a bit to make it easier for her...

Wft4Wizm.jpg

Toys? Just these:
Crap old Apt. pic, but...

fjgPul.jpg

A $2 bamboo ball and a stuffed mouse.

She likes to play "kitty tennis" with me...I'll toss the mouse up in the air and she'll leap up and SMACK the f0ck out it right back at me. :D
The ball, she just smacks it around like a hockey player on catnip.

StaceyL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool. :)

This is my Tiki.

8WO3ul.jpg

I've had her for about two and half years now and she was a stray at a friend's house who asked if I wanted her. Well, we hit it right off and she's a great companion. Every night at bedtime, no matter where she is, she'll come and jump up on the bed and curl up with me...ever since the first night I had her. If I am up late, she'll hop on the bed and just stare or trill at me..."why ain't you going to sleep now"...heh. Cute.

She's a Mackerel Tabby DSH, not sure but I think a touch of Bronze Mau as well. The fur is black and white with orange underneath and with silver tips...so she changes color when she bends. It's trippy.

She doesn't meow, just chirps and warbles like a Tribble instead. Very smart kitty. Also has the primordial belly pouch and the spotting, loves being up high and is a bigtime runner and leaper. Lots of character. =)

Loves the belly rubs.... :D

yPLg5l.jpg
I had a male cat that was IDENTICAL to her. Does your walk with her back kind of arched up? He was one of the best babies I had. I just had to comment and tell you how beautiful she is and how much she reminded me of my big boy.

StaceyL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At one point this was my family. Only 2 are still living, the black one (Panther) and the calico (Callie). The grey one (Stormy) left us last year, The fat one in the middle (Image) left us 3 years ago and the large one in the back (Vincent) left us the year before Stormy, so 2 years ago.
allmybabies.jpg

This is my oldest, special needs baby. Her name is Lil Bit and she goes on all our road trips with us so she can get her medicine on time. She is roughly 14 years old.
Messenger_5820339918939135237_13876771733830618.jpg

This is our youngest, Kira. She was a christmas present from a friend who was to afraid to give her to anyone but me. She's huge for a female cat and is our resident guard kitty. Anytime someone knocks on the door, she growls and runs lol.
Messenger_5820396318996288980_13876906202169623.jpg

This is our Nala. She's bigger now but this is the smallest image it would let me upload. She's some kind of Sheppard mix but we don't know what. I just call her my garbage disposal.

IMG00845.jpg

This is our husky. Her name is Shyanne. We have no idea how old she is but she is our big baby.
2012-03-16_10-25-33_651.jpg

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is our Nala. She's bigger now but this is the smallest image it would let me upload. She's some kind of Sheppard mix but we don't know what. I just call her my garbage disposal.

They're all adorable, your Nala sort of reminds me of a Shar Pei/Shepherd mix. I used to have a Jack Russell German Shepherd mix, but I got to keep the cat, who looks a lot like Caff's Tiki, the ex got the dog.

shooter03

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is my boy Zeus. He's just over 16 weeks old. My wife and I always wanted a boxer and he's just too cute.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404210922.739286.jpg

Edit: just realised this is meant to be for cats. Meh he's sorta cat like n stuff. He likes cats if that counts.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a male cat that was IDENTICAL to her. Does your walk with her back kind of arched up? He was one of the best babies I had. I just had to comment and tell you how beautiful she is and how much she reminded me of my big boy.

Thanks!

She does that a lot yeah....she stalks everything. Very animated, vocal and quirky too.
That one pic of her investigating my closet is a normal look for her..kind of ready to pounce or flee all the time.

I recall on either ECF or NV someone had a cat just like mine too, was that you? (too many forums, I forget things)

Here's a pic of her posture most of the time. Her feet go everywhere it seems...there she is just turning around to bolt down the hallway like a jackrabbit. She has huge hind legs and feet...lots bigger than her front ones.

pVbbxuil.jpg

Ya can see the belly pouch clearly there too. She's very muscular and lithe, but looks larger from that excess skin and fur when she sits or lies down. She's built for speed. :)

Check out the pic they have for Bronze Egyptian Mau on Wiki.
That is basically her in a nutshell. She has all of that including the character and behavior traits. Cautious and curious about everything, but not in a Siamese way.

it's hard to get a pic of her not lying down as she dislikes the camera and moves too fast to capture most of the time. :D

Like this photobomb when I was taking a pic of my vape-tacklebox...the flash caught her mid-gallop. =)

eXPJRR9l.jpg

Last edited:

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my boy Zeus. He's just over 16 weeks old. My wife and I always wanted a boxer and he's just too cute.
View attachment 762

Edit: just realised this is meant to be for cats. Meh he's sorta cat like n stuff. He likes cats if that counts.
Nah no worries all furry babies are welcome in here we just can't edit the title. :)

StaceyL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The vet thought my boy was either a Manx mix or a Maine **** mix. He was colored identical to yours but he was a huge huge cat with half a tail that he was born with. I've never had a cat with the strength he had. That wasn't me in the other forums, this is the first forum I've ever been a part of.

Thanks!

She does that a lot yeah....she stalks everything. Very animated, vocal and quirky too.
That one pic of her investigating my closet is a normal look for her..kind of ready to pounce or flee all the time.

I recall on either ECF or NV someone had a cat just like mine too, was that you? (too many forums, I forget things)

Here's a pic of her posture most of the time. Her feet go everywhere it seems...there she is just turning around to bolt down the hallway like a jackrabbit. She has huge hind legs and feet...lots bigger than her front ones.

pVbbxuil.jpg

Ya can see the belly pouch clearly there too. She's very muscular and lithe, but looks larger from that excess skin and fur when she sits or lies down. She's built for speed. :)

Check out the pic they have for Bronze Egyptian Mau on Wiki.
That is basically her in a nutshell. She has all of that including the character and behavior traits. Cautious and curious about everything, but not in a Siamese way.

it's hard to get a pic of her not lying down as she dislikes the camera and moves too fast to capture most of the time. :D

Like this photobomb when I was taking a pic of my vape-tacklebox...the flash caught her mid-gallop. =)

eXPJRR9l.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ok... you asked for it!! .... Here's Mork & Mindy... rescued from behind an abandoned grocery store...

Mork & Mindy then... at about 10 weeks...
196733_1854044641019_4345942_n.jpg

Mork...
200426_1854042640969_1187081_n.jpg

Mindy...
199547_1854043360987_2591647_n.jpg

Mork & Mindy Now...
1185218_10201840226437500_1832973910_n.jpg

Mork...
183970_1841989939659_803861_n.jpg

Mindy...
250491_2014016680220_3824113_n.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
OREO joined our family in August of 2011.... I rescued her during a bad storm from the drain ditch along the road.

Then...
223755_2292638845600_7402376_n.jpg

395742_3056386018802_1944051364_n.jpg

This is her favorite spot while Mom's working...
182340_4123462575049_1552840836_n.jpg

OREO now... with her buddy Mork...

1554594_10203953113418354_6570777681450398650_n.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
LITTLE TYKE joined the family in the fall of 2013... He was a 4-5 week old stray, alone without his mother, he showed up on our porch and was living under it... he was extremely skiddish and it took me weeks to earn his trust. We finally made the decision to bring him in around November. He is now Mama's little buddy and is never far from my side.

1601515_10202904304518787_124196349_n.jpg

Yes.. the eyes look funny... I had to photoshop them.

427f87f0-6fb8-4a90-827b-4746a0b461a1_zps383335c6.jpg

c708e4e5-e72e-4f01-8629-fe071efdd307_zps15dbe378.jpg

IMAG1847_zpscb9e2827.jpg

1888634_10203256208996179_377452692_n.jpg

IMAG2082_zps313eaf58.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
LITTLE TYKE

"I WIN!!"

46839_10202989601811166_438869882_n.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is SHADOW... she stays outside... our resident mouser...

231107_1992751468603_4783713_n.jpg

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pami - you're a mod can you edit the OP of mine to include 'share your pets'? please!

VU Sponsors