Become a Patron!

Petri Lite Questions

Hello,

I just bought a dotmod Petri Lite and dotmod RTA. This is my first mechanical mod and I am new to building. I have a couple questions:

1. What's the best battery for mechanical mods? I have 3 Samsung 25R batteries from my previous mod. Will these work?
2. I'm looking for some good pre-built coils until I can learn to make my own. Can anyone recommend me some that are easy to build with?
3. Do I need an OHM meter or can I use my old Reuleaux RX200 to build on?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello,

I just bought a dotmod Petri Lite and dotmod RTA. This is my first mechanical mod and I am new to building. I have a couple questions:

1. What's the best battery for mechanical mods? I have 3 Samsung 25R batteries from my previous mod. Will these work?
2. I'm looking for some good pre-built coils until I can learn to make my own. Can anyone recommend me some that are easy to build with?
3. Do I need an OHM meter or can I use my old Reuleaux RX200 to build on?

Welcome aboard.....:wave:

I use 25R's in my Petri mod, works fine with a good safe coil. I buy coils from a member here @b_d_builders

Dan will hook you up with some fantastic coils. He will see I tagged him in this reply or you can start a conversation with him yourself by using the conversation button you'll see if you click your username at the top right of this forum.

You can use the Reuleaux for getting the coils to fire properly. I'd strongly recommend you buy an ohmmeter to be as safe as possible when you start building your own coils. Dan's coils are usually dead-nuts on the ohm's you ask for.

I use two .50 ohm coils .25 (dual coil), which is as low as I go with a mech, others like to go lower, I don't have any reason to go lower, .25 ohm work nicely on any mod, and your not pushing the battery limits.

Good luck, if you have any other questions ask away...!

b_d_builders

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome aboard.....:wave:

I use 25R's in my Petri mod, works fine with a good safe coil. I buy coils from a member here @b_d_builders

Dan will hook you up with some fantastic coils. He will see I tagged him in this reply or you can start a conversation with him yourself by using the conversation button you'll see if you click your username at the top right of this forum.

You can use the Reuleaux for getting the coils to fire properly. I'd strongly recommend you buy an ohmmeter to be as safe as possible when you start building your own coils. Dan's coils are usually dead-nuts on the ohm's you ask for.

I use two .50 ohm coils .25 (dual coil), which is as low as I go with a mech, others like to go lower, I don't have any reason to go lower, .25 ohm work nicely on any mod, and your not pushing the battery limits.

Good luck, if you have any other questions ask away...!

Hey there guys! Inspects thanks for the mention as always! I am currently out of the country until the 12th however if you have any questions let me know. I'll do my best to get back with you in a timely manner whenever I have wifi. Thanks again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors