Become a Patron!

PG question

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what is PG? how harmful is it?
PG is propylene glycol, found in many of the eliquids that we use and the base that MOST flavorings are in. I use mine at 80% in a mix, because I like the throat hit, and I'm also sensitive to high amounts of VG. It's also used in the pharmaceutical and food industries. It's generally recognized as safe, but with vaping I can't say that any of us know 100% yet.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Besides being in just about anything flavored that you eat, it's also a main ingredient in inhalers and nebulizers that are used for asthma patients. So inhaling it is not deemed harmful. Some people can be sensitive or allergic to it, like myself, but that happens sometimes on anything on the planet earth. I'm allergic to bananas, do you think they are harmful?

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies!

Huckleberried
So is the propylene glycol responsible for the throat hit generally? i've be chasing the the throat hit from the day i started vaping so far i only tend to get a decent throat hit is about the first 10 minutes of the day then after its smooth all the time.

dionysuskiss
No i don't think bananas are harmful i myself am allergic to hazelnuts i go full blown anaphylactic shock but do i think there dangerous? yes they are to me!

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol...That was a rhetorical question. Just saying that anything can be harmful to someone.

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dionysuskiss
I know what you meant by it lol

Huckleberried
I have a variation from 70vg/30pg 80pg/20vg ect but like i said whatever i use its only the first few draws i get a good hit so i'm puzzled tbh.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
At 80% PG, I would think you'd get a decent throat hit, so I'm a bit puzzled, too.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dionysuskiss
I know what you meant by it lol

Huckleberried
I have a variation from 70vg/30pg 80pg/20vg ect but like i said whatever i use its only the first few draws i get a good hit so i'm puzzled tbh.
IDK... some people consider that kind of high vg(not me, I do max). Maybe you should look into 50/50 and go from there.

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hucklberried
Yeah i know its stressing the bloody life out me tbh!

Dionysuskiss
where can i order 50/50 from? i don't think this istick is much good either i only bought it cause it was the only thing i can afford some of the more expensive stuff looks like it might be more suitable but where could i get them from cheaper? any help will be greatly appreciated.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since you are on a budget, check out Vape Wild. It's my favorite vendor. The juice is really good, and you can choose your vg/pg blend.

Edit:Oh, sorry, where are you from? Are you state side? I don't know any UK vendors. But VW will, ship internationally, I just don't know shipping costs.

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dionysukiss
I;m in england so it would be the import taxes ect

VU Sponsors