Become a Patron!

PG=Tight Chest? Quality E-Liquid With High VG? Widely Available?

Just picked up a V2 Pro. Brand new to vaping. I'm a pack every week or two of Marlboro lights guy and had a golfing trip coming up where I knew me and my friends will smoke like chimneys so I decided to save my lungs this year.

Got the Platinum Sahara and Menthol E-liquid. From what I read in reviews these liquids are some of the best. I like you can go to their website and see the analysis based on batch number. I've found the Sahara at least, makes my chest tight. I had asthma when I was a kid but pretty much grew out of it. This liquid gives me that Asthma feeling but not like I can't breathe. The throat hit was really harsh at first and still is a bit making me want to cough on the exhale but I hear that is just something that takes time to get used to.

During live chat V2 told me the aim for 70% PG / 30% VG in their liquids. I'm wondering if I'm having a mild reaction to the PG? The Sahara batch I got tested out at 77% PG! The Menthol only 60% but I haven't tried it yet.

I live in the Seattle area. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend reputable, high-quality e-liquid brands that are primarily VG, like 60-70% VG that are typically widely available in most smoke shops?

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU!

I also started with a V2. High PG is often used in those starter sets. Any vape shop will have a line of high VG juice (often used for 'clouds'). But it may not wick in your current equipment, since it's much thicker than PG. And yes, there are people who are sensitive to PG, just as there are people who can't vape high VG - it's really a matter of trial and error.

You may need new equipment to vape a higher VG juice, but if you go to a vape shop (where you can also try out their juice) they should be able to set o up with something that will work.

Incidentally, how did you test the PG level of your juice?

VU Sponsors