Become a Patron!

PG vs VG

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

Vaping has seemed to cause me to produce a lot of phlem. I do not remember this to be the case when I first started. Recently I read someone post about how VG causes them to feel like they have pneumonia, and I started thinking maybe VG causes me the same...out of breath/phlem build up.

So, anybody have experience with VG causing more phlem than PG? Unfortunatly all my juice I have is high VG, but if by chance going to a higher PG to VG ratio would reduce the phlem production for me I would change and go to PG as my choice.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
70% VG is all I can take. Anything higher, and it feels heavy in my lungs. Flavor tastes better too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a high PG vaper because of the feeling I get from anything over 30 VG, can't tolerate it. Heavy chest, coughing... can't say I got the phlegm from it, but definitely out of breath and miserable. Try experimenting with ratios.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went 100% vg when I realized I was sensitive to PG....100% VG made me feel like I had water in my lungs...I vape about 80%-75% VG now.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes throat phlegm/mucus happened to me with high VG. I vaped for 7 years with high PG and had no issue. I also smoked for 20 years with no issue either. But as soon as l went to 70VG l noticed the throat mucus. By reducing the air flow and lowering my watts so now l draw on my device more like one would smoke a cigarette, the problem resolved. But if l go higher then 70VG with the same set up, then the throat mucus is back and breathing is not as passive as it should be.

Last edited:

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess im gonna go heavy on PG because i swear ive been more out of breath with vaping than with smoking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, now vaping 60/40 pg/vg and my lungs definitely feel better, but my throat feels a bit scratchy. Guess i got to pick my poison lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAPER#2311

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually had the opposite problem :/

PG/VG 50/50 mixes made my lungs feel real constricted to a point where I could not breathe heavily and could not vape a good 30 minutes - 1 hr before running or exercising, also had stomach aches and scratchy throat from too much PG but that might have also been because of the nicotine because I was forced to buy higher nic + PG a couple of times.

Usually vape 80 - 100 VG and lungs do tend to feel heavy (not constricted like PG just a slight more effort to breathe) if I vape too much, recently switched to VG 80/20 and do get phlegm from time to time (could just be the air) but lungs don't feel as heavy

P.S Vaping and trekking at mid-highish altitudes no matter the mix kinda sucks, tried both

VU Sponsors