Become a Patron!

PIF BOX 4.2 *CLOSED*

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully I won't be the first five I just Bought some stuff online to put in the box

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@DeathMetal03, if I missed the post, I apologize, but one thing that helped our boxes was editing the title. Once you get your full list, edit the title of your post and add "list closed". It seems that tons of people tried getting on the list once it was already completed. Some actually got mad, lol.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got everyone that has said they want in and that includes @Madsweeney and @brandonduerr - we have room for 1 more but at this time I will be closing the listing with the understanding that the next person that says they want in will be the last and added to the end of the list. Sorry if this upsets anybody but I wanted to get the list up before the holiday hits so that everyone has plenty of notice. Due to the holiday I will be waiting until Friday or possibly Monday before sending the box to the first person.

Last edited:

brandonduerr

Member For 4 Years
I got everyone that has said they want in and that includes @Madsweeney and @brandonduerr - we have room for 1 more but at this time I will be closing the listing with the understanding that the next person that says they want in will be the last and added to the end of the list. Sorry if this upsets anybody but I wanted to get the list up before the holiday hits so that everyone has plenty of notice. Due to the holiday I will be waiting until Friday or possibly Monday before sending the box to the first person.
Thank you and I have wanted to get in on one of these I have a good amount of things to part with

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't wait. Yeah. This is a great community and should be tons of fun!!

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed that @tigerfan38134 has been a member of VU since yesterday (when he signed up) so hopefully he will be around when it's his turn. @Laurel your good even though you joined on Sunday you have been active so we don't need to worry about you at all.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I noticed that @tigerfan38134 has been a member of VU since yesterday (when he signed up) so hopefully he will be around when it's his turn. @Laurel your good even though you joined on Sunday you have been active so we don't need to worry about you at all.
Cool. I'm glad I'm in! I can't wait to participate. I'm getting a free L-Rider Corolla Mech Mod on Friday! I can't wait! It will be my first Mech Mod.

Laurel

Last edited:

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool. I'm glad I'm in! I can't wait to participate. I'm getting a free L-Rider Corolla Mech Mod on Friday! I can't wait! It will be my first Mech Mod.

Laurel

Yeah, I saw that Whiskey is sending you a mech mod. That was very cool of him. Did they give you the rundown on battery safety and building coils yet?

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I saw that Whiskey is sending you a mech mod. That was very cool of him. Did they give you the rundown on battery safety and building coils yet?
No, not yet. Have any suggestions/advice?

Laurel

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, not yet. Have any suggestions/advice?

Laurel

I would suggest watching videos on YouTube on battery safety and ohms law. And get an ohm reader. Watch videos on coil building and ask lots of questions if your unsure. you will like it Once you get the hang of it though. Just be safe!!

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would suggest watching videos on YouTube on battery safety. Also get an ohm reader. Watch videos on coil building and ask lots of questions if your unsure. you will like it Once you get the hang of it though. Just be safe!!
Thank you. I will do all these things!

Laurel

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You guys will do amazing I am the Helper Admin on the 3.1 box and this is so much fun, I just split our box and will be sending them both out in the morning one on down the list like it should and the other I am sending to the last person on the list and have it work completely in reverse from end to beginning. I will say your doing amazing taking ticks advice on the third rule as the boxes get sompletely full and the juices do eventually try to take over, just make sure they are ziplocked and even on some tape the tops on the bottles as a secondary precaution as no matter what we do lol we end up with some leakage.

But above all else have fun and everyone remember this is what a community can do help and uplift and raise the bar for everyone!

Happy Holidays!!

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I posted the order at the top of this thread. I used random.org View attachment 9350

Congrats people of BOX 4.1 and DeathMetal03 for starting it.

You are starting what will be a fun box and get to know each other better than some of your neighbors, laughs.

You have continued an experiment that Dhim started back awhile ago here on VU.
Lots said it would not work but as of now we have 1 box finish and 3 still working.
Also like others have said before, it just shows how good and honest our community can be.
vapors looking after vapors....

Have fun and vape on!!!!!

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do I need an Ohm reader if I'm using a clearomizer at the moment?

Laurel
http://about.me/LaurelHerring

No, if your using changeable heads then you don't need an ohm reader. If you start building your own coils then it is best to get one. See a mech can't shut down when things aren't right..like a short, low voltage, or a 10 sec cut off for example. It's basically an unprotected mod. Then There's protected mods vv/vw that have a chip inside that monitor all those things and take the guess work out of it. One thing you could do is get a kick that goes on top of your battery but I haven't looked into these much. I think they just cut off power to your atomizer if it gets above a certain watt?

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, if your using changeable heads then you don't need an ohm reader. If you start building your own coils then it is best to get one. See a mech can't shut down when things aren't right..like a short, low voltage, or a 10 sec cut off for example. It's basically an unprotected mod. Then There's protected mods vv/vw that have a chip inside that monitor all those things and take the guess work out of it. One thing you could do is get a kick that goes on top of your battery but I haven't looked into these much. I think they just cut off power to your atomizer if it gets above a certain watt?
Thank you for the advice. I'll be looking this stuff up for sure.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ATTENTION:
This is the start of the 48 hour notice period. If you are having second thoughts or just don't feel like you can commit at this time please inform me so that I can adjust the list accordingly. Thanks

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With the holidays mail times can get pretty slow. Also realize that it will cost about $20ish to send the box on to the next member. Money can be tight this time of year so keep that in mind if you chose to participate.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@DeathMetal03 , Since there's one more space open, I'd like to fill that. I think I'll be starting a DIY box around the 1st of the year & have participated in the original DIY box. It's a great way to get to know some wonderful people.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@DeathMetal03 , Since there's one more space open, I'd like to fill that. I think I'll be starting a DIY box around the 1st of the year & have participated in the original DIY box. It's a great way to get to know some wonderful people.
@Mommay your in. The list has been updated.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does Anyone want to volunteer to be first? @brandonduerr has just notified me that he won't be able to be first as he won't be home for another week. He will just switch with whoever wants to go first.

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to be out of town for 2 weeks in December. I'm concerned that I won't be able to participate because of that. I honestly didn't think I'd end up so close to the top of the list. Does someone wants to switch places & take the 3rd spot, maybe? <----If that's ok with you @DeathMetal03 . Let me know, if not I'm cool pulling out.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to be out of town for 2 weeks in December. I'm concerned that I won't be able to participate because of that. I honestly didn't think I'd end up so close to the top of the list. Does someone wants to switch places & take the 3rd spot, maybe? <----If that's ok with you @DeathMetal03 . Let me know, if not I'm cool pulling out.
It's ok with me if someone would like to switch

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok guys.. Is there anyone who would like to be higher on the list; 3 to be exact?? I don't care how far down, as long as I can still be in on the Box. Let me know please.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't care where I am on the list. I know most peeps would rather be toward the bottom, but I'm fine wherever, @DeathMetal03. Just stick me anywhere, last, first, in the corner... I don't mind.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel honored to be having the PIF box sent to me from @DeathMetal03! This is going to be a great experience. All you guys are awesome!

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't care where I am on the list. I know most peeps would rather be toward the bottom, but I'm fine wherever, @DeathMetal03. Just stick me anywhere, last, first, in the corner... I don't mind.

I wouldn't mind being 3rd any other time but I won't be home to get the box. Then it would just sit on my porch for a weeks & everyone would be mad at me for not shipping it out. lol I don't want to be responsible for a lost or possible stolen box. @DeathMetal03 just pull me off the list & sorry for the mess. I don't want to be the hold up.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@bgaulding your not off the list. If we have to and your not around when it's your turn we will just skip you that way you are still on the list and can still participate when it comes back around. Right now I'm basically just waiting to see if Anyone wants to volunteer to go first. If nobody volunteers then I will just have to skip @brandonduerr and contact the next in line. Or see if @Mommay Wouldn't mind going first?

Glow'sDementia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wnen you guys do another one please let me know i have a few stuff to pif and I'm interested i this. Thanks

builderbob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wnen you guys do another one please let me know i have a few stuff to pif and I'm interested i this. Thanks
@Glow'sDementia If you would like to get in on this box, you may have my place. I was in on the first PIF box which was split into two, and I'm currently in line for the third box going around. They are a lot of fun to be a part of, but I don't wanna hog all the fun for myself. If it's cool with @DeathMetal03 and he wants to update the list, I'm sure you could slide into position #14.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just notified by @Heather That @Glow'sDementia resides outside of the US. This regretfully disqualifies her from participating in this box due to unknown shipping charges and customs.

Glow'sDementia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Um i reside in puerto rico.. us territory no customs and same shipping. But it's cool. Thanks anyways. :)

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are very sorry. This is an experiment and want it to go as smoothly as possible. PM me your address I have some goodies I can PIF to you.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has the PIF Box started traveling yet?

Lowell Lee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol, was just wondering that myself. Since the holidays its been a bit crazy in my inbox, hahaha.

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has the PIF Box started traveling yet?
The box has not been sent yet. I still haven't had a volunteer to go first. I contacted @Mommay But Im not sure she's read my conversation or not. I have to have someone that's willing to go first so I can get this box out. @Lowell Lee it Looks like you might be the first. If you don't mind, can you pm me your address?

VU Sponsors