PIF scammer

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on reliable information shared

I call out

Hawkeye_dad77
Example#1
People who have sent you things at other places have contacted me and wanted to alert members here.

He took my PIF Treasure chest on June 25th with a sad story about losing his only gear, an ipow2 battery and something else, he didn’t say. Then being a newbie he tried to take my 2nd pif. I felt bad for him so I sent him a 2nd mod. The first was a Bolt and the second was a telescopic mech. Then he tried to get some free Twists in the swap thread but they were gone.
Then lydia from Origin Vape gave him a SMY35 mod and a Zepher tank

Example #2 Posted by Hawkeye_dad77

On fathers day(of all days) while at our counties car show i set my rig dowm for literally a minute and a half on a folding table while i walked my daughter up to put ketchup on her hot dog and someone helped themselves to it. I realize this is 100 percent my fault.
I should have known better and i almost deserve it (almost lol). The only thing i have now is my juice which i left at home after filling up my tanl as we left for the car show.

Stories of hardship are changed depending on what forum this member posts on.
If anyone would like to add to this that has dealt with this member please feel free to do so.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hawkeye_dad77 said:
Thanks dickyt am already feeling the wonderful community vibe and have to give a virtual hug to reddhott and lydia of origin vapes who have helped me more than i deserve thanks for the welcomes from everyon
e

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hawkeye_dad77-Yes mam! The shipping was unbeleivably quick. I got it yesterday afternoon which was pleasantly unexpected as i anticipated i would probably be waiting till monday or tuesday at least due to the holiday so when my wife came in from getting the mail yesterday she was smiling with this white package behind her back (after what happened on fathers day i think she was at least as happy as i was) i am so happy with the entire set up ecspecially yhe tank which turned out to be the zephyrus. Thank you more than i could possibly say. Called lydia and eric to say thanks. They even put some candy in the package. Burning burgers jpw but will gwt bak sjortly

reddhott

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Vape Advocacy
Member For 5 Years
Hawkeye_dad77
u said in another forum...I had a totally wicked starter kit and an ipow 2 aa backup battery left case with everything at playground... that was june 22nd
u said here u had a istick and tank and sit it for a minute to get ketchup for your daughters hotdog at a car show and it was stolen..hmmmm
u posted here u had nothing yet u were sent a bolt and another mech mod and a areo tank by tmcase before u even posted here??? wh another lie?
lydia from origin was kind enough to send you a smy 35 mod and a zephyrus tank.not knowing u had another mod.
why be dishonest about it? and you r still trying to get more gear under false pretenses.
then u said your coil was no good and again origin was kind enough to send u out a 5 pack of coils..u said u called them to thank them which u never did...u only called 1 time to say u needed coils coz the new tanks coil didnt work.. now u say the mods 510 isnt working but u just now noticed the wiggle?? after having it all this time. nothing smells right no matter what ay u look at it.why scam to get stuff?? u r only hurting those in need.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
<bump>
Absolutely shameful, especially when there are others in need that could have been helped with that stuff and when you consider the fact that this sort of thing causes people to not want to help those that truly need it.

Thankfully, mods and admins can track things to see if he tries to scam more stuff under another nick

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I now think twice about PIFing mods and starter kits online. Over the past year I've PIFed quite a bit of my unused equipment and attys, mostly locally to people in genuine need. I've sent starter kits to a few members on VU that really needed them, genuine need.

With each scam artist and grifter running cons to get free vape gear, I get more jaded. It bothers me that I can't have an initial trust that someone who says they are in dire straits and needs vape gear is telling the truth.

Scammers and con artists hurt others by sowing distrust and doubt, but that doesn't matter as long as the scammer gets their score, a completely self-centered mentality.

At this point Hawkeye_dad77, you appear to be a scammer out for free vape gear. Go run your scams at ECF, they need the traffic.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been lucky enough to have not had to buy a mod, due to Christmas gifts and the generosity of vu. There are people who truly need help, but the ones who truly need it rarely ask, because they see all these tear jerker stories from liars and their heart reaches out for them too. People wonder why so many people are turned off by vapers, it's because people like this give us a bad Rep, dude probably sold it all. I know I'm broke, but I budget for juice coils and everything else I need. Granted some months are harder than others but I don't constantly go on asking for free stuff, if someone knowing my situation decides to help me that is on them, and anything I've ever been given has been used well, one mod to the point I finally wore it out lol. The graciousness of the vu community is amazing and some people abuse that just to try to get the next big thing. Im thankful I'm not buying cigs any more and thankful I'm breathing better now and actually just feel better. Scammers do nothing but take away from the people who legitimately need help.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Hawkeye_dad77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you are right i was awaiting a package when my post was answered on this forum and upon receiving the reply that the help i was receiving from vu was a box similar to what i was used too and could use without having to add chargers and additional batteries (which ive never had), i immediately informed the person who sent me the pif( not sure on policy regarding listing names) that i was likely going to receive a device more like whatx i had lost and that i didnt want to move foward without not only being honest about the situation but offering to mail them back to so the original owner could do with them as she saw fit or if not i asked for their opinion on what to do in this sitiatuation. This was not only to make sure i wasnt breaking any rules but also because coming out of a situation myself where i had nothing, i know its a bum spot to be in and figured there's someone out there who could use A mod and i was about to be in possession of three.
I was told that as i was in need at the time they were given to me that they were mine to do with what i wanted. I passed them on to a co worker whos been interested in trying to quit smoking and knew vaping had helped me. In all honesty i DID keep a gently used aero tank that had come with them so i could have a back up tank. And the mechanical mods were in good condition i have just never had one and had no idea when i would have the extra money to buy a charger (i was told the cheap ones were unsafe) and the smy box would not present that problem (something i liked about my istick and ipow i had lost)
Again i was and am extremely thankful to everyone who helped me and i do understand now members' skeptisism but i really did attempt to be honest and not be someone who looked selfish or sneaky i truly apologize for any hard feelings ive caused and thank you for addressing it to my face (or screen?) instead of having messages back and forth without letting me know your comcerns and for the decency of giving me an oppritunity to respond

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was pif'd an atty to try out and see if it was something that interested me or not..needless to say it started a steam roller running for me with mech mods and attys...This same patriot V1 clone atty will be put back up in a PIF very shortly to pass on the experience..

But umm yea, if anyone has a sigelei 150w they wanna pif...i lost my house in a fire from a cheap ego battery..it killed the dog and quite frankly i just dont wanna buy a sigelei 150 and want one for free...So hit me up if you got one. :rolleyes:

reddhott

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Vape Advocacy
Member For 5 Years
point is Hawkeye that u did not tell the truth ..your stories did not match up and when i asked u ..u said u had nothing to use and that u didnt want to go back to smoking..when in fact u had been using the bolt. now the girl is leery about piffing again and u have not contacted her since. had u been honest in EVERYTHING this would not have gotten this far. and now unfortunately we have to change things in the way we pif to help protect the vendors that so graciously donate to people who REALLY need things! saddens me

or is your name allen or mathew??

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just hope that things like this don't ruin things for everyone else that truly needs gear when bad times come and has real hardships that don't allow them to get it right away. I will still PIF to folks who need it when I can, but damned well sure I will check as best I can, that I am not giving something out to a possible scammer.

jj2

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Advocacy
Hawkeye if you were truly trying to be honest then you should have told Redd (or me) that you had taken a PIF from tmcase.

Now Redd and I are going to have to put conditions on things so this doesn't happen again which is going to ruin it for others.

One thing I can't stand is a bold lie and that is what you have done.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
speaking of pifs, if anyone could help me out by sending me some SEXY PICS of whiskey it would help me out alot. Anything, weather it be dirty, scandalous, or even nude pics of whiskey will all be put too good use and help me out through this "hard time" ;)
tumblr_n3gwm2PHrw1ttvd7ao1_400_zpsafhr2fjz.jpg
tumblr_n3cnp0ENwc1spg0nxo1_400_zpsitqinf3c.gif

VU Sponsors