Become a Patron!

PIMA cotton?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered some wire. It comes with a bag of PIMA cotton. Will I see a difference compared to my normal CVS organic cotton? I know Japanese cotton performs better, but what is the big deal with this PIMA? Thanks.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No experience with it but i bet it will be good , from what i read its just high grade cotton , can't be worse right ? Actually it could be but i doubt it .

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did some web walking and people are saying it is somewhere between reaylin (or what ever the heck it's called) and Japanese cotton. Never used either one of those so I won't be able to comment. I'll post how well it works though once I get it and use it a little. It seems to be cheaper than the other two.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did some web walking and people are saying it is somewhere between reaylin (or what ever the heck it's called) and Japanese cotton. Never used either one of those so I won't be able to comment. I'll post how well it works though once I get it and use it a little. It seems to be cheaper than the other two.

You probably mean "Rayon" , that stuff works well actually , last a hell of a lot longer than cotton so you don't need to re wick as much and it generally has a cleaner taste . Uncle RJ loves "Ramie" which is something else that i have not tried.

If it's in between Rayon and Japanese cotton it will probably be pretty good but i would not expect anything monumental , just subtle differences.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You probably mean "Rayon" , that stuff works well actually , last a hell of a lot longer than cotton so you don't need to re wick as much and it generally has a cleaner taste . Uncle RJ loves "Ramie" which is something else that i have not tried.

If it's in between Rayon and Japanese cotton it will probably be pretty good but i would not expect anything monumental , just subtle differences.
Now that you put it in front of me it was Ramie. I've never messed with Ramie because I've heard it can be a pain to work with. I used hemp for a bit, but wasn't horribly impressed over cotton. I want to try some Japanese cotton, but I vape on a budget and I have about 3/4 a bag of cotton still. When it's time to buy wick again I'm investing in some Japanese cotton. I change flavors a lot so I change wicks a lot. Plus I vape max VG juice and nail about 20ml of juice in a day so wicks die fast anyway.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now that you put it in front of me it was Ramie. I've never messed with Ramie because I've heard it can be a pain to work with. I used hemp for a bit, but wasn't horribly impressed over cotton. I want to try some Japanese cotton, but I vape on a budget and I have about 3/4 a bag of cotton still. When it's time to buy wick again I'm investing in some Japanese cotton. I change flavors a lot so I change wicks a lot. Plus I vape max VG juice and nail about 20ml of juice in a day so wicks die fast anyway.

Never tried the Ramie but if you go through a lot of wicks try Rayon , stuff last and last and stays virtually gunk free.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Pima cotton is just cotton that is grown outside of Tucson AZ

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pima is pretty high grade stuff used along side silk sheets and what not, never vaped it though

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got it today. I just wrapped a coil and wicked it. It is taking a while to break in. It looks similar to hemp and has almost the same flavor that hemp has when it's fresh. I've been vaping it for about 15 minutes and there is still a taste to it. It is slowly fading. It is wicking really well. Better than the cotton balls I normally use. So far it isn't bad. I'll post an update after I've vapes it for a while.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, been using this for a bit. It wicks very well. Once the taste of the wick dissipates the flavor is very clean and the more you vape the better it gets. You get that slightly off taste when it starts to get dry like you would with hemp. I actually like that part. I hate starting a big lung hit with good flavor and then by the end of it scorching my throat because the wick went dry mid way. It is fibers and looks a lot like hemp only there is little black seeds instead of little twigs in it. It is easy to work with. Just fluff it apart and to size, then roll between your hands and wick. All and all I'm happy with it. It was free with wire from eBay so even if it sucked I couldn't have been to upset lol. I think it does out perform my typical cotton balls, but from what I hear about Japanese cotton, I don't think it will compare well. If you're partial to hemp, you may really like this. I like it over hemp and it is very similar in performance and to work with. I'm no reviewer, but that's my take on it. I got 100ft of 24ga and about half a sandwich bag of this cotton fiber for $7.99 free shipping off of eBay. So if you need wire it is a good price and you can try this out for the heck of it.

VU Sponsors