Become a Patron!

Pissed Off!

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So first off i want to say thanks to this sub forum! I have been reading alot on here about different builds and getting a lot of useful information! Today I entered my first cloud competition at the Local vapor world in my home town. I was nervous at first then after my first round win I felt like i actually had a chance! This was a double elimination comp and thankfully because the second round i forgot how to breath and didn't exhale/inhale correctly! This put me into the loser's bracket. Long story short I made it into the final and went against first place for what I thought was going to be the deciding round! I ended up losing that round and was ok with it because that made me second place! Well when they went to hand out the prizes my name wasn't called! I asked the lady running it what place i ended up taking and she said "well technically you took second, but the way we did the bracket you didn't win anything"! I was pissed but i acted like an adult and left the shop! Its sad to me that if your going to put on something like this that you don't even know how a double elimination bracket works! I can say that it will take an emergency before i step foot into this shop again! But to ya'll I say a big THANK YOU! Before this group i didn't know what a quad coil even was let alone how to build one and today I used to to chuck huge clouds!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So you won first round...lost second round, then lost the final...thats 2 losses isnt it?..or eliminated 2 times meaning double?

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
won the first, lost the second, won the third, and lost the final against first place!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well you did good for a first competition...isnt losing 2 times though considered a double elimination?...im trying to figure out why you are upset with the shop that held the competition or how it wasnt fair?

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well you did good for a first competition...isnt losing 2 times though considered a double elimination?...im trying to figure out why you are upset with the shop that held the competition or how it wasnt fair?
because I was elminated by first place there for i should have been second place and there were nice prizes for second (Box Mod) and third (complete juice line) and i was screwed out of all prizes somehow.

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am going to send an email to the owner via the website for my own relief but i don't feel it will do any good! And the guys that won knew the shop workers but It didn't come across as a buddy thing. I think it was just that the "kids" running it had no clue what they were doing, and i feel if your going to run a contest of any kind you should at least know what you're supposed to be doing from the get go!

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the signage said double elimination and they said it at the beginning of the comp. The only bracket was the one that the girl was writing on as the comp went on. It was a small group of 10 entries. And when they announced the prizes the kid that should have been third place said himself that he thought he had gotten third place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
None that I took and none has been posted up yet on the Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beanur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im not 100% sure what the heck they did! I know that me and first place went against each other for 1st place and It looked like 3rd and 4th went against each other for 2nd place and same goes for 3rd place! It was all F'ed!

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmmm, sounds just like it was half thrown together and not really ran correctly, brackets do get confusing of you don't know how to do it.

Eh I wouldn't lose sleep just have a vape and say fuck it;)

shakka_vapes_act

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its so much easier to stick to you loose your out especially when there was only 10 entrants like said you shouldn't loose any sleep over it just goto sleep knowing you only lost to the winner

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just my opinion but Jim MDP and exodus got it right . The rules should be easy to understand !

VU Sponsors