Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Pall II Pro by Artery

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Pal II Pro by Artery and Tony B. Yep…Tony B did Tony B and released the THIRD iteration of the Pal II. The first Pal II was an OK device, which I didn’t like a whole lot. He then released a slightly updated version with new colors. Now he came out with the device, which I feel should have been the only one. The Pal II Pro essentially is the Pal II, but with a fully adjustable power output and some minor changes to the pods. Not much more to say here, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Vape Happy for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Artery Pal II Pro 1000mah battery
  • 1 3ml Pal II Pro Pod
  • 1 USB cable
  • 1 Extra pod plug
  • 2 spare O-rings
  • 1 .6-ohm HP mesh coil
  • 1 1.0-ohm HP coil
  • Paperwork

Available in quite a few colors including black diamond, gunmetal diamond (mind), black carbon fiber, dazzle rainbow, and monster squad (Koi fish pattern).

STOCK SHOT
HeqM4tt.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
qBHuYH0.jpg

OUT OF BOX
kQLvZMs.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As expected, this looked a lot like a Pal II, but with a little different pattern on the side, square fire button instead of round, and a round drip tip instead of square. This is all you see, until you pop the door that is. This reveals the largest change between the Pal II and the Pal II Pro, which is a small screen with adjustable output, resistance readout, and a battery bar. This part of the device is rather impressive, as the other changes are minimal. Even the size is about the same, with the Pro being just 2mm wider and all other dimensions remaining the same. The Pal II OG pods also work in this, with the only upgrade being the new pods are clearer and take the new HP coils.

OPERATION

Even with adjustments, the Pro version is still a simple device to use. Five clicks of the fire button will turn this on and off, indicated by a flashing LED above the charge port. Power adjustments are done via up and down buttons near the display. With the 1.0-ohm coil this goes up to a max of 13.5w. With the .6-ohm mesh coil, the device tops out at 22w. It scrolls super-fast and in half watt increments. Battery is indicated via a battery bar on the display, which features 4 bars, which each indicate about 25% of battery. I found that once it hits that last bar, it is about time to charge. Charging takes a little over one hour.

PODS

The pods are slightly upgraded over the Pal II. They are clear this time around, which makes it much easier to see liquid level. The refill port is also tweaked a little, adding a little tear drop to the side, allowing for air to escape during refills which equated to less mess for me. The coils which come with this are their new HP coils. They are slightly updated over the Pal II ones, and Artery claims they get better coil life. I will confirm or deny that in my final thoughts. The only other noticeable changes are a round drip tip, which is also 510 compatible and the AFC locks in place which helps big time when changing coils.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

GmvfGQ4.jpg

zMUKhka.jpg

rEBLH9u.jpg

fqe3wlb.jpg

ZS4OgU5.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

If you remember my review of the Pal II, I didn’t like it much. It just didn’t do it for me, and I was a big fan of the OG Pal too! The coils were just not very good, and the device did not excite me at all. Flavor was just ok, and there was plenty I just didn’t like. All that aside, the Pro is a much better device overall. This makes me think that the other versions just shouldn’t have ever come out. The 1-ohm coil isn’t amazing, but I still liked it better than what came with the Pal II. Flavor was decent, but coil life wasn’t all that great. I refilled it 3 times and it was about toast. If I sucked on it real hard to keep it primed, I could keep on vaping it, but it was getting to the point where it just wasn’t keeping up. The .6-ohm mesh coil is another story. Massive flavor bump with this coil and it made the whole experience MUCH more enjoyable. I ran mine at 19w and am sitting on refill number 5 right now with the same liquid that killed the 1-ohm coil in about 3. It feels like it has stepped down a bit, but the flavor and wicking are still going strong. The device overall works well, and the addition of the wattage adjustment, ohm readout, and battery bar are just awesome. I love knowing about where battery is with ease and it never left me guessing when I ducked out of the house. This is the best Artery Pal ever released in my opinion, as it should be. However, I did find a few things that weren’t the greatest either. First off, the pods don’t fit very tight, so it wobbles about. Secondly, flavor is better on this, but still not up to snuff with the likes of an Orion, Caliburn, or even the D-salt. The last con I have is just my pure hate for what Tony B does with products. The damn Pall II had a cut out for a screen, which tells me that this has been in the works for a while. Either these companies have poor planning and jump the gun, or they are literally just money grabbing where they can. This is a solid device that works well and gets the job done. It has a lot of good going for it, but also some bad. If you think you wanted to get a Pal, now is the time, I think.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? I am back to my same old saying with pod systems here, thinking I would just let it burn until the next pod system comes out…. if Tony B is involved the Pal III should be out by the time I finish posting this.

PROS

• Adjustable wattage
  • Display with battery bar and ohm readout
  • Lightweight
  • Updated pods over the Pal II (clearer and easier to fill)
  • Low price point
  • Nice MTL draw

CONS

• Pods are loose in the device
  • Coil life isn’t the best out there
  • Flavor isn’t even in my top 5 for flavor this year

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to VapeHappy for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $34.

Also, VapeHappy supplied me with some salts to test in this device. One being Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bar by Yogi which tastes just as it is described. The second was Cookie Butter by Propaganda. I have used this liquid a ton before this, and it is one of my go-to salts. They have quite a bit of liquid selections over there.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors