Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A RDA Review - The Rebirth by Hellvape and Mike Vapes

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Rebirth by Hellvape. The Rebirth RDA is the latest rebuildable on the market from Hellvape and is a collaboration with Youtuber Mike Vapes. Mike has designed some pretty nice devices over the past year or so, with many of them being very popular. Let’s dive right in and see if his latest creation is as good as some of his others.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Healthcabin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Hellvape Rebirth RDA
  • 1 Resin 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 Smoked 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Pack of spare parts
  • 1 Squonk pin (regular pin pre-installed)
  • 1 Bag of tools
  • 1 Coily-style tool with holes for only this atomizer

Available in a ton of different colors including Stainless Steel, Gloss Black, Flat Black, Gunmetal, Purple, Rainbow, Blue, Gold, and a Flat Black with stainless engraved logo (my model).

STOCK SHOT
SWvJScm.jpg

PACKAGING
yuQMPs5.jpg

UNBOXED
lqwImSq.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The deck on the Rebirth RDA is something that is a bit different. It is a two-post design, in which the posts are a bit offset and face vertical. If running this with two coils, the legs of each coil will share a post hole and hard held in place by two large flat head screws. If running single of course, each leg has its own hole. When installing, I chose to prebend my leads, and cut them off to length using the included coily-style tool. This put them at just the right length to be positioned right over the airflow. I found this design to be rather easy to build on and don’t see too many people having issues with it. I know some may gripe about the shared post holes, but the couple of builds (alien and fused Clapton) fit snug and didn’t move around much at all during installation. If you take a peak at the photo gallery, you can see right where I liked them positioned.

Wicking on this is simple, as it is a straight forward rda. For best performance, snip the cotton so the ends gently touch the bottom of the deck. I used mine as a squonker almost exclusively and had no issues with wicking keeping up, even though the cotton is relatively long due to the elevated deck.

AIR FLOW

At first glance, air flow was obviously a heavy focus of the design here. It features large air scoop looking slots that rise up from the lower half at an upward angle to the coils. The top cap has ported air flow ports for adjustment, 16 to be exact. These help to smooth out the air flow and offer a wide range of adjustment for dialing in the air flow to your liking. With the air fully open, it isn’t the airiest rda out there, but has plenty for a large dual coil build. I typically ran mine with air flow turned down about a third of the way and it was perfect for me.

PHOTO GALLERY

RuuNUCJ.jpg

A69LlDn.jpg

oKQ1oBH.jpg

IdcwcIr.jpg

IOpfZ7l.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so what do I think of Mike’s latest design. Right out of the gate, I found myself loving the aesthetics of the atomizer. The top cap has a nice design on it, and the plethora of colors will match just about every mod. The resin drip tip that has that honeycomb style isn’t my favorite design out there, but it could be worse. At least it has the option of a frosted drip tip just in case it isn’t your style either. Building on this was a breeze, and I knocked it out in no time. Like I said above, both of my flatter style builds installed with ease, as long as I pre-bent them to come off one side and snipped them to the length using the tool provided. It took a little time to position just right, but that goes the same for just about every rda when looking for optimal flavor and air flow. Once the build was in there, I finally got to see what those swooping air flow inlets are like. The end result is a very smooth draw. Not turbulent, nice adjustment, and very satisfying. The flavor this provides is also top notch. I can safely say it is the most flavor I have got from a Hellvape rda, and I am even a fan of the Dead Rabbit and Drop Dead rdas (even though many seem to dislike them). I had very little that I could actually pick apart on this, but one was the mess that it can make. With the large air inlets, the left-over vapor in the atomizer trickles right down them and onto the mod you are using. I know this happened with many bottom air flow rdas and rtas, but it seemed extra messy on this. Another fault that this air flow has is when dripping. It isn’t bad if you drip down the center, but if you paint coils, liquid can roll off the coils and right into the air flow. That is a reason I chose to squonk this more than anything. The air flow is high enough to where you’d really have to try hard to overs quonk and leak. The last con I will point out is the lack of flavor I had from a single coil. The deck looks to promote it, but the air doesn’t quite hit it directly, and the chamber is a bit too large in my opinion. With all of the pros and the few nitpicky cons, I think it is safe to say that I approve of Mike Vapes design. I can honestly say that I will keep on using this one for a long time, and it has moved into my top 5 rdas that I use right now.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Yes. Hell yes.

PROS

• Excellent flavor
  • Smooth Airflow
  • Nice looking design
  • Simple to build on
  • Lots of airflow adjustment

CONS

• Seeps vapor out the airflow and onto the device you are running it with
  • Not the best for painting coils, due to leaking out the airflow intake
  • Best flavor with dual coils, pretty muted with a single

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Healthcabin for sending it my way for review! They have it listed for $36, but I am seeing it in the span of $25-40 all over the net.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors