Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Rhythm by Usonicig

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of Rhythm by Usonicig. This device brings innovation to the vaping scene as it uses ultrasonic waves to vaporize the e-liquid in the tank. They put on a great presentation of the device and are diving in head first with something new I haven’t seen before. It provides a whole different vape experience that I know I haven’t had before, so let’s dive in, and see what makes this thing tick to the beat.

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Elegomall for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Usonicig Rhythm Mod
  • 2 Cartridges (pods)
  • 1 Micro USB Cable

Available in Black, Brushed Metal, and Red.

STOCK SHOT
xlmpXTX.jpg

PACKAGING
GlEgnZE.jpg

UNBOXED
pshz1MQ.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

Right out of the box I was surprised at how well this little known company put on a presentation. It has some great packaging, and the device overall feels like it is well built. For the most part, this is a basic starter kit that is straight forward and simple. It has a large, lever style fire button that resembles a music note. It also has a removable cartridge, which in today’s world is basically just a big pod. The cartridge holds 2ml of e-liquid, and the build in battery is 1500mah.

OPERATION

To get started with the rhythm, the tried and true 5 clicks of the fire button will light up the side of the fire button. It features a circle of LEDs, which reflect the battery level of the 1500mah built in battery. When you fire the device, the logo in the middle will also illuminate. The pods on this are filled right on top and require a half turn of the drip tip to open the holes. The holes could be a bit larger for dropper bottles, but for the most part I had mess free refills.

PHOTO GALLERY

kWK4vGH.jpg

zWmTpYk.jpg

Side by side with a Vandy Vape Simple EX
z985Ur1.jpg

3dcST0w.jpg

tYUfCSv.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

This is where all the normal operations of a vape device are thrown out the window. Like I said in the intro, the Rhythm uses ultrasonic waves to vaporize the e-liquid. I don’t know the science behind how it works, but I do know that it does create vapor. They advertise it as a more pleasant and cool vape that doesn’t break down nic salts and some other blah blah blah advertising jargon. However, the ramp up time of this system feels like an eternity. I found myself taking 5-6 second drags before I had that feeling of vapor getting into my lungs. The other thing they advertise is how great it is for nic salts, but with the restricted lung hit this provides, I found 25mg nic salts to be just too much for me. I enjoy them in low wattage mtl applications, but deep into the lungs, no thanks. I ended up going to a 6mg of standard nicotine and had much better results. Since this doesn’t have a standard coil it is hard for me to tell what type of power it is pulling, but using common knowledge, I know taking drags that are 3 times longer than a normal device will lead to reduced batter life.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Is it innovative? Sure. Is it Practical? Not really. I had a real hard time feeling the rhythm here. I took it with me to work and could only get a partial day out of the battery, and the vape it provides is just not satisfying to me. I am all for bringing new technology to the table, but it doesn’t seem perfected enough to provide a great vape experience. I like the feel of this in hand, but the large lever does not make it pocket friendly in any way. The flavor this provides is sub-par and is blown out of the water by pod systems that are more compact and last all day long. Another note on flavor is this company must put something on their coils before shipping, because it puts off the nastiest flavor for the first 10-15 puffs or so. I let mine sit for one full hour before use, and those first few puffs were downright terrible. There are so many cons with this that I can’t give it a solid recommendation for anyone. I don’t see it fitting into the market for current or new vapors in any way. The long draws and weak flavor are bad enough, but couple that with poor battery life and non compact design, and you get a failed product in my opinion.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? No. Let it burn.

PROS

• Neat design
  • Innovative coil system
  • Pod Fill system is convenient

CONS

• First 15 puffs taste awful
  • Each puff takes 6 seconds or more to really produce much for flavor
  • Flavor is lackluster
  • Battery life is not good
  • Battery has noticeable heat during the extended drags required to vape this
  • Not pocket friendly

Thank you everyone and thank you to Ellegomall for sending it my way for review. If you still think you need this in your life, they are selling them for $71.90. I am seeing them elsewhere for

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors