Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave delivers - an RDTA review - The Faris by Wotofo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Faris RDA by Wotofo. The Faris is the latest rebuildable atomizer from Wotofo and comes with quite a bit to offer. It can be situated as an RDA or an RDTA with 2ml capacity. It is Squonkable as an RDA and as an RDTA and has some nifty little blocks for use with a single coil. I thought the RDTA market was dead, but with this being the 2nd one I have had in a couple of months, maybe not! Let’s dive down, see how this one vapes, and as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Wotofo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Faris RDTA
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Resin 810 Drip Trip
  • 1 Delrin 810 Drip Tip
  • 2 Wicking Port Blocks
  • 1 Extra Frosted Glass Section
  • 1 set of framed staple coils
  • 1 set of agleted cotton
  • 1 Spare parts bag
  • 1 Pack of tools

Available in Gold, Black, Rainbow, Stainless, and Gunmetal

STOCK SHOT
EhnrklA.jpg

PACKAGING
kP6jf9Q.jpg

UNBOXED
OleLYPk.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on the Faris is a typical post-less design. The post screws come in from the sides in a fashion that does not contort flat wire builds so it works well with advanced or round wire builds. I pre-cut my leads, so the coil was just a hair off the bottom of the deck and situated with the coil centered over the post holes. I had three builds in this, and all of them seem to run great in that position. Wicking this atomizer is very easy, as it comes equipped with large wicking ports. With any RDTA I always make sure that the cotton isn’t jam packed in here, but to aid in wicking, the deck as a little breather hole on top. This seems to help immensely as this is one of the best wicking experiences I have had with an RDTA. If you attempt to run this with a single coil, Wotofo supplied 2 wicking port plugs which reduce the wicking hole for the reduced cotton of the single coil. I wicked mine in RDTA mode and RDA mode the same way, with the cotton just barely past the deck itself.

AIR FLOW

Air flow on this atomizer comes in from the sides and is directed at a downward angle. It features three holes per side and can be closed with a twist of the top portion of the cap. This air flow is quite smooth and directs the air flow perfectly toward the coils, however, there are a few nitpicky cons with this design. The top cap locks into place, so the air flow becomes off centered as you choke the air flow down. Luckily for me, I preferred this fully open which provides even airflow across the entire coil. For those who like a more restricted vape, they can expect a slight reduction in flavor due to this design. The last nitpicky con has to do with tolerances. The top portion of the cap for adjusting air flow is very loose. If you attempt to pick up a mod and just grab this portion, it will pop right out. It hasn’t moved on me without me doing so, and I never grab it this way, but it could be a hair tighter.

HOW IT VAPES / SQUONKS

The only section that REALLY matters, and the Faris wins in this category. The flavor from this is top notch. It provides an excellent, flavorful vape that ranks up there with some of the best rdas I tested this year. The air flow can be a little on the turbulent side, but the flavor makes up for it. I wasn’t expecting a lot with this as it seemed to be a pretty standard design but found it to perform well in both modes. It has some oddities to each mode which I must bring up. The first flaw is the fill method when using as an RDTA. It works awesome when squonking into the tank but try to use it by itself and you’ll find a poorly designed fill port. It has a rubber plug on the side which acts like a check valve. It works fine with small tip bottles but is nearly impossible to use with dropper bottles. The 2ml capacity doesn’t last long at all, so the struggle is real when using it stand-alone here. As an RDA the squonking action relies heavily on the wicking. There is a small void under the deck which fills up, but if you keep on pressing, liquid will come up through the breather holes and into the coil area. The bottom line with this one is it thrives on top of a squonk mod. It is so much fun to fill the tank via squonk, and it works well as an RDA as well! It has some odd cons in design, but beyond them it performs well.

PHOTO GALLERY

cUaVOAI.jpg

iUIPYf4.jpg

UBCepQh.jpg

KRJu98R.jpg

obNbSuz.jpg

0XjizOY.jpg

GovQigy.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The RDTA market is an odd one. I thought the days of them had died, but here we are in 2018, and I have had 3 RDTAs that fill via squonking. The Faris, thus far, is the best one of the lot. It is easy to build on and wick. It provides great flavor and overall performance as well. I love watching the tank fill via the squonk bottle as it feels like a magic trick and giving my squonk mod 2ml of extra capacity is definitely a pro. There are a few small cons with this one as well. It doesn’t have enough capacity to be a stand-alone device. It really sucks the liquid down and requires refills far too often. The refill method also is not very user friendly and doesn’t work with dropper bottles. The overall quality of this feels good, but the tolerances are a bit loose on the top cap and the locked in place air flow works best when running wide open. The flavor and style of this one gives the pros more weight than the cons in my opinion and it is a great option for squonkers out there that want a little bump in capacity.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? 50/50. I like having an RDTA, but since I must run it on a squonker anyway to get the best experience, I think I would rather just get a good squonking RDA instead. It is a solid RDTA, so if they are your thing it would be worth picking up.

PROS

• Flavor
  • Stylish design
  • Forgiving to wick
  • Wicking plugs for single coil fans
  • Fun to watch the tank fill when squonking

CONS

• Fill port is not a great design
  • Air flow is locked into place
  • Top cap is a bit loose

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Wotofo for sending it my way for review! If you are interested in this one it is just hitting the market with pre-orders out now. It looks to be priced in the mid-$30 range.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors