Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RDTA Review - The Pyro V2 by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Pyro V2 RDTA by Vandy Vape. The Pyro V2 is the follow up to the V1 released some time ago. This time around, they have tweaked the air flow a bit, changed the styling, and added a squonking feature to keep you vaping all day. This piece of hardware is in a bit of a dying market, but it stands out in its own right. So, let’s dive right in, see what you get, how this vape, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vandy Vape Pyro V2 RDTA
  • 1 Sloped 810 Delrin Drip Tip
  • 1 Round 810 Ultem Drip Tip
  • 1 Spare glass (Ultem tank is preinstalled)
  • 1 Set of coils
  • 1 Coil cutting guide
  • 1 Accessory Bag

Available in Rainbow, Gold, Stainless, Blue, and Matte Black

STOCK SHOT
LbPzs5N.jpg

REVIEW PACKAGING
LyMy74B.jpg

UNBOXED
6BsgR6c.jpg

DISASSEMBLED
J1EgKEE.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on this rda is a post less design. Using the coil cutting tool that Vandy Vape includes makes this one a breeze. Simply snip to the length indicated by the arrow, insert into the holes, and tighten down. It will work much better if the leads are pre-bend the leads, so they come off one side of the coil. If you don’t prebend the leads, the coils will contort and need to be straightened out and it won’t be the optimal length as it would be if you prebent and cut it with the tool. I installed 3 sets of coils, all prebent, and it worked great every time. The post holes allow for coils of larger mass and all my coils were 3mm I.D. I have pictures below to show the positioning that I liked best. Wicking is always key with RDTAs, but with this one I never found it too challenging. Cut the cotton long enough to just barely tuck into the tank section, and thin the leads so they don’t jam into the holes super tight. I usually ran my screwdriver next to the cotton to open it up more which aids in the wicking action by letting air escape from the tank section. Toss the cap back on and you are ready to go. One thing I should note here is to moisten up the silicone fill port plugs with liquid. This allows them to push in with ease and they won’t get stuck during cap removal.

AIR FLOW

The air flow of this rda is quite different from the Pyro V1. The V1 was straight side air flow which is like almost every other rdta on the market. The Pyro V2 totally changes this and incorporates a top air flow design. The air enters in the gap at the top of the cap, shoots down along the side and then hits the sides of the coils. I found this air flow to be SUPER smooth. I was surprised because it has sharp edges and has an odd way of traveling, but it works well. Air adjustment is done by turning the top portion of the cap (part with the ribs). You can visually see the air flow opening and closing, but it also has a stopper at fully open and fully closed. I left this tank on its side for 24 hours and never witnessed leaking of any kind. Many times, rdtas are known to leak out their side air flow, but with this design it would be much more difficult to experience leaks.

HOW IT VAPES

The goal of a rdta is to provide the vape of a rda with the convenience of a tank below. Many times, rdtas do provide a great rda-like vape, but I have never been that into them. I have used at least 5 other rdtas and not a single one holds a candle to this one in my opinion. The flavor is excellent, the wicking is simple, and it wicks well, and the air flow is smooth. Overall, it is an absolute joy to vape.

PHOTO GALLERY

Rc4wLS0.jpg

JZYwV7T.jpg

0hLCLOl.jpg

6Kmh71T.jpg

tcNtvxh.jpg

8qYOKBk.jpg

21hZzeH.jpg

MSa2SYC.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Vandy Vape nailed it. Simple as that. The rdta market is a rough one these days since so many are getting that rda vape with convenience via squonking, but for what it is, it’s awesome. I rocked mine as a stand-alone tank most of the time and found the capacity to be the only con I can come up with. Many tanks these days can get me through at least half a day of work before a refill, but this thing requires 3, maybe 4 fills throughout the day. That brings me to a pro of this tank, squonkability. Pull the standard pin, insert the squonk pin, and this bumps capacity up to whatever your squonk bottle allows. It is almost hypnotic to see the tank fill up via squonking. Flavor on this tank is good, air flow is smooth, and I like the design. I could have gone with zero Ultem as I am not a fan of the look, but it is a small con on an otherwise solid piece of hardware.

PROS

• Easy to build
  • Good flavor
  • Cool design
  • Smooth airflow w/ good adjustment
  • Squonkable
  • Good refill method (big holes on top)

CONS

• Ultem, please stop putting Ultem on all vaping stuff
  • Capacity doesn’t last as a stand-alone tank

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending it my way for review. This is going for about $30 across all the internet.

https://www.elementvape.com/vandy-vape-pyro-v2-bf-rdta

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It comes with a glass tank if you don't like ultem. The ultem is great because it doesn't break if you drop it. I have both the Pyro and the Pyro V2. In the Pyro V2 the wicking holes are smaller and the o-ring on the bottom you have to tighten it down hard or 510 pin won't connect. With the top airflow juice doesn't pop out the AF hole like the Pyro. The 2 coils that come included are NI80 2.8mm and are .16 ohms together

VU Sponsors