Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The MK by Acevape Tech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the MK RTA by Ace Vape. Ace Vape is a company that has been flying under the radar throughout the year. You will hear me compare this to a Dead Rabbit RTA quite a bit throughout this review due to their similarities. Let’s dive down, check out the build deck, see how it vapes, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Ace Vape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 MK RTA
  • 1 3ml straight glass
  • 1 5ml bubble glass
  • 1 black 810 drip tip
  • 1 yellow 810 drip tip
  • Spare parts bag
  • Allen Key
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Gunmetal, Blue, Gold, and Silver.

STOCK SHOT
yDKXBLw.jpg

PACKAGING
DjpUaAG.jpg

UNBOXED
4wL12sG.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on the MK is a run of the mill post-less deck. It is straight forward with how it is intended to be built, and is incredibly easy to build on. I am not a huge fan of allen head set screws as these can be stripped out over time, but as long as you are careful, you shouldn’t have any problems. I elected to go with 3mm coils to ensure I wouldn’t have any shorting issues. I used single core Claptons, fused Claptons, and round wire builds for testing and found each of them to install easily in the deck. All my builds were positioned as low to the deck as possible. As you can see from my photo of the fill ports, the coils are right up to the bottom of the chimney and that is with minimal spacing under the 3mm Claptons in that photo. If you were to do a side by side comparison of the Dead Rabbit and the MK, you would find that the build decks are similar in many ways. The most obvious difference is that the posts of the MK are machined as one piece with the base, while the DR has the Dead Rabbit raised posts. That being said, these are both going to require the same wicking technique. Wicking on these has a long ways to travel, so if you don’t nail it, it will struggle to keep up. What I found worked best is to thin the wicks out quite a bit, and then run them long enough to fill the juice flow channels at the base of the deck. I also like to poke my tweezers around the wicks in those ports to ensure there is room for expansion once the wicks are saturated.

AIR FLOW

The air flow on the MK is also similar to the Dead Rabbit. It is situated at the top of the atomizer and comes down at an angle towards the coils. Where the two differ is that the DR had air flow at the top of the chimney, while the MK directs the airflow lower and it hits more of the middle/top of the coil that right above the coil. I don’t get much turbulence from the air flow and no whistles what so ever even with varying positions of the coils.

PHOTO GALLERY

3kaIGRj.jpg

cfcnsFk.jpg

Wez8jpt.jpg

4tyCnvn.jpg

o9E3RmN.jpg

d1Hh8rs.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

We have had some little-known companies show up and bring great items to the table (looking at you Hugsvape Lotus). Often times, smaller or new companies don’t have the publicity or reach to gain the attention of the masses. The end result of this is mediocre products getting hyped up big time, while smaller companies get no recognition. This is the story of the MK. It is basically a better Dead Rabbit RTA and that’s as close of a summary as I can come up with. The flavor that this provides is pretty damn good. I tested this tank with the same build, wicking, and liquid side by side with the Dead Rabbit and it is much more enjoyable than the DR. I think a big part of this is how the air flow hits the coils. Like I said above, the air flow comes in lower on the coils than the DR, and that is always a better recipe for flavor. There are only a couple of cons that I am seeing with this tank. The first one is their machining. It looks a bit rough around the edges and the threading of the build deck into the chimney took a while to loosen up and feel smoother. Another con with this style of tank is that liquid has a long ways to travel before it reaches the coil. If you don’t nail the wicking, there is a good chance that you will experience dry hits or reduced flavor. This last con is subjective, but my opinions of vaping hardware are skewed by how they look. I know looks don’t matter with how they vape, but we would all be kidding ourselves if we think looks don’t matter. That being said, the included drip tips on this are just so….meh. Thankfully, these are 810, so there are plenty of options to spruce up the look of this tank. Other than these few cons, the MK is a rather solid RTA. I would rather use this over other dual coil, top air flow atomizers such as the Zeus Dual, Themis, or Dead Rabbit. If any of those tanks are on your wish list, you might want to add this to that list as well. I recommend this for users who have built and wicked RTAs before, as the wicking can take a little bit of experience and patience to have the best results.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? 50/50. I like the flavor I get from other bottom air flow RTAs, so I gravitate towards them more, but this one isn’t bad by any means.

PROS

• Easy to build
  • Flavor is good
  • Lower price range
  • Leak resistant (unless you really try to make it leak)

CONS

• Machining could be a little better
  • Build deck is high, so it requires a good wicking job to get the best performance
  • Included drip tips are bland by today’s standards

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Acevape Tech for sending it my way for review. I am seeing this online for the mid $30 price range.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors