Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Furyan squonk mod by Lost Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Furyan Mechanical Squonk mod by Lost Vape. This is the latest squonk device from Lost Vape, and their first mechanical squonk to date. I must mention that the Furyan is a straight mechanical device with no protections, so I strongly recommend learning ohm’s law, battery safety, and mech mod maintenance before purchasing this device. I don’t want to spoil much in this little intro, so let’s get after it and look at the Furyan by Lost Vape.

As always, I will give credit where credit is due, and this was sent to me by Health Cabin for review. This will not influence my opinions in any way.

sa3xxaa.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- Lost Vape Furyan Mod

- 1 User Manual

- 2 9ml clear silicone squonk bottles

- 1 9ml smoked silicone squonk bottle

- 1 18650 battery adapter

- 1 Polishing Cloth

- Available in Black/Brass, Ultem/Brass, Black/Silver

STOCK SHOTS
E0SIXlf.jpg

LYfmf4g.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
5Yp2mAA.jpg

ZueteBb.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

Right out of the gate this mod is impressive. It comes in some of the most impressive packaging I have ever seen. It is presented more like a fine piece of jewelry rather than a vaping device. It comes with THREE 9ml squonk bottles (at least mine did), which is a huge pro. There is nothing worse than buying a squonking device that has proprietary bottles and having to go get some more right away to ensure you are set for a while but Lost Vape gives you three! It looks gorgeous and feels of high quality. The Furyan is a mechanical squonk mod powered by a single 21700, 20700, or single 18650 via adapter. The batteries are held in place by a bottom threaded cap that features a fold out tab for easy unthreading. This battery cap also has battery venting holes for safety. There isn’t much to talk about regarding operation as this is a mechanical device. More or less, my goal is to go over the fine details.

SQUONKING

The squonk bottle is held in place by a quick turn latch. This latch, and the top of the bottle are separate assemblies which attach to the 9ml silicone squonk bottles. Once assembled, the bottle inserts in the bottle and aligns with a quick turn latch which also has a fold out tab for easy handling. There are things I like and things I hate about this system. The con I found is with rattle. The bottle latch system is loose, and it moves around a bit. It never falls out and don’t think it will, but it does add a “cheapness” to a device when things rattle. Some of the things I like about their bottle are the capacity, and the top of the bottle. Any vapor that has refilled a squonk bottle knows that they tend to leak out the tube during refills, or at least have had that happen with many bottles. With the Furyan bottles, the top is recessed, and any overflow seeps up into that recess and doesn’t create a mess. I love refilling without mess, especially when I am on the go. The bottles have a good feel as well, and the cut out of the device fits my hands perfectly.

HOW IT VAPES

The experience you will have with this device comes down to a few factors. The first and most common factor is build knowledge. Mechanical squonkers thrive with builds that are low on mass. It gives you better battery life and faster ramp up. Another side of that is low builds, which can be on the dangerous side if not cautious, but they can also be hard on batteries. I commonly go for .8-.9 ohm builds that are not large on mass with my mechanical squonkers as it gives me a good vape and provides ample battery life. One other huge factor with this device is the batteries you are using. I elected to use Amp King 20700s, as well as Samsung 25r 18650s. The vape from each is very similar, yet the Amp Kings provide more life. I will one day get my hands on some of the high quality 21700s on the market, but I unfortunately have not yet. I feel this will improve this device even more so. Another factor that aids in the experience of this device is proper maintenance and having clean contacts. Out of the box, I found the bottom battery plug to be dull and a bit oxidized. Once polished up, there was a noticeable bump in voltage applied to my atomizer. With a proper build, good batteries, and maintenance, it will provide the best experience with the Furyan. The fire button feels nice yet requires a firm press to fully engage with the positive of the 510 pin. There is a fire button lock for safety which prevents the button from being pushed in. It isn’t the most powerful mech I have used, as my cheap little Hugo Squeezer hits harder, but it isn’t a slouch either. Check out my pics below to see what it looks like on the inside. You will find the positive goes through a bent portion of brass before it gets to the fire button. The reduced size in this causes voltage drop, which is why mechanicals with a large L shaped piece of contact will hit harder. It is hard to see in photos, but the fire button is aided with small springs, so you aren’t relying on the springiness of the contact to keep it safe over time. This segment got a bit wordy, but I found that with any mechanical device, the best experience is found with the most knowledge. That knowledge is needed for the device itself, builds, and solid batteries.

PHOTO GALLERY

BOTTOM OF MOD
pQfrOOS.jpg

HAND CHECK
DVmW6yr.jpg

GUTS
bwnG73s.jpg

FIRE BUTTON AREA
pIppg80.jpg

W/ DROP SOLO
4yZMsY7.jpg

CONTINUED BELOW...............

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Overall, I really enjoy this device. It is highly ergonomic and feels oh so good on hand. In my opinion, they nailed the look of the device. I am partial to the black/silver, but this black and brass is damn sexy. I do not care for the Ultem/brass, but there are a lot of Ultem fans out there that I am sure would beg to differ. With all three, the mix of materials is in good taste and it has the appearance of devices that are double the price on the market. One big pro is that it has a great squonk bottle system that feels great when pressed, has minimal leaking, and is quickly removed for easy refills. The only con to their squonk bottle setup is some minor rattle and that the bottles are proprietary. The fire button feels great once you get used to how hard you must press. Like I said above, half pressing will not cut it. It makes contact but needs a firm press to fully make contact with the positive of the 510 pin. The battery selection is a pro with options to use 21700, 20700, or 18650 batteries. Another pro is it is easy to tear down for maintenance or inspection, but I don’t see many times that it will need a full tear down. Most of the maintenance with this is going to be polishing the brass on the outside and the battery contact points. Lost Vape made a solid device here that is simple, stylish, and priced much lower than it seems it should. This has become one of my favorite mechanical squonkers to date and I can see myself using this for a long time.

PROS

- Stylish design

- Build quality

- 3 squonk bottles included (smoked, and 2 clear)

- 21700, 20700, and 18650 compatibility

- Fire button locking function

- 9ml squonk bottle capacity

- Ergonomic design

- Quick squonk bottle removal

CONS

- Brass battery contacts were dirty from the factory (quick fix with included polishing cloth)

- Doesn’t hit as hard as others on the market, even cheap ones like the Hugo Squeezer

- Squonk bottle compartment rattles

- Battery changes require unthreading of plug which takes patience (minimal con)

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Health Cabin for sending it my way for review! A quick google search has revealed that the going rate is about $90.

HEALTH CABIN

https://www.healthcabin.net/lost-vape-furyan-mech-squonker-mod-p/18154.html

FURYAN

http://lostvape.com/furyan/

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors