Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Warrior rda by Wotofo and JMT Elite

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Warrior by Wotofo and JMT Elite. The Warrior is the latest rda by Wotofo and is a collaboration between them and builders JMT Elite. There has been some mild hype surrounding this rda as it was toted as “designed by builders for builders”. I can see where they were coming from as this has a beautiful deck which is easy to build on and looks great on Instagram. This may look like a basic design, but they thought out several aspects to combine for a damn good rda. Let’s dive down in and I will give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

As always, I must mention that this was sent to me by Wotofo for review, but I will not let this influence my opinion.

*****I also want to point out that there were problems with the Gunmetal, Black, and Blue versions of this RDA. Due to the coating on the posts, continuity struggled to be stable and ohms would jump. Wotofo is aware of these issues and all further releases will have a fully functional deck. If you have one of the originals, reach out to Wotofo so they can assist in correcting the problem.

j30HK4S.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Warrior RDA

- 1 Black/knurled 810 drip tip

- 1 Spare drip tip

- 1 Single Coil plug

- 1 Bag of Juggernaut coils

- 1 Set of agletted Japanese cotton

- 1 Spare parts bag

- 1 Instruction Manual

- Available in Black, Gunmetal, Stainless, Rainbow, Blue, and Gold

STOCK SHOT
IChRwHg.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX

SZNUEMU.jpg

jhc9o0d.jpg

9T7ylUG.jpg

CHQVt1q.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The Warrior deck utilizes a clamp system that many are saying reminds them of a Goon. Personally, I HATE building on the Goon, and I don’t see any similarities between the two other than they are clamp systems. The Warrior utilizes 2 screws per clamp which help to apply even pressure to each coil lead. With many single screw clamps, the screw needs to be tightened way down to get adequate pressure, but with the Warrior it is as easy as turning down each screw of the clamp until all leads are snug. Installation of coils is a breeze as the post is beveled beneath the clamp and helps to lift the clamp up as the coil leads are inserted into place. I found it best to pre-bend the coil leads so they are both coming off the same side of the coil. This made for less contortion during the build and made them sit nice and straight. Wicking on this is done just like any other basic dripper. Cut them off so them sit flush on the bottom of the deck, and boom…..done.

AIR FLOW

The Warrior has side air flow that is ported out with 24 small holes that can be closed off 3 at a time. One will find that these small holes make for more restricted rda, but they also help make the airflow smooth and less turbulent. Another perk to the ported design is spitty coils will not shoot hot liquid out the sides which can happen on side air flow designs like the Goon 1.5. Those who like a ton of air would probably find this to be too restricted for them, but for me, it was just fine. If you like an even more restricted draw, turning the top part of the cap will close the holes off three at a time. One con I found with the top cap is that it is locked into place, so when the air flow is turned down it will become off centered on the coils. Since I used this rda fully open, this didn’t affect me, but I can see how this would be an issue for some.

HOW IT VAPES

Build is in, it is all wicked up, air flow wide open…and what do you get? Flavor and clouds, and what more can we ask for? I am very happy with the vapor production that I get from the Warrior. The air flow is smooth, and flavor is top notch. I expected it to have good flavor due to the short top cap but didn’t think it would be this good. With the sweeter liquids I enjoy, I found this to bring the sweet notes out that are muted in other atomizers. It even brought life to flavors I had purchased and felt rather meh about. It was nice of Wotofo to include juggernaut coils, but I felt that they were more geared for clouds than flavor. My favorite set of coils in this was a rather large, 8 wrap, 3mm ID, staggered fused Clapton. It brought the rda to the next level and it still chucks an amazing cloud. Stealth vaping, this is not.

PHOTO GALLERY

BUILD DECK
7RrhjmC.jpg

FRESH BUILD
1Kqt46S.jpg

STAINLESS VERSION
P2BTTi3.jpg

GOLD VERSION
fWi9nwK.jpg

RAINBOW VERSION
Gr6jg8s.jpg

SS ON TOP OF RAGE BOX

8z6l9Rh.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Warrior rda seems to be going under the radar and I don’t know why. Leading up the release I saw some ramblings about it on Instagram, but beyond that it has been overshadowed by several popular items on the market. However, I think it deserves a good look. I found it easy to build on and love the flavor I get off it. There is ample room for some rather large builds, but it can also be run as a single coil if you elect to do so. The rounded top cap is rather meh on one side, but they nailed it with the machining and finish options to choose from. I think the most appealing pro to this rda is the price. It performs great for a sub $30 atomizer and has far more pros than cons. I give props to Wotofo and JMT Elite for what they accomplished here.

PROS

- Flavor

- Smooth air flow

- Good build deck

- Squonkable

- Lots of color choices

- Affordable

- Lots of extras in the box

CONS

- Air flow is off-centered as it gets closed down

- Short juice well

- Small holes can get juice in them and makes gurgled if over dripped or over squonked

- Top caps are kind of boring looking

- Air flow is more restricted and may be too choked off for some who like an airy vape

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you Wotofo for sending it my way for review! I am finding this all over the internet for about $25-35.

WOTOFO
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-warrior-rda.html

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors