Become a Patron!

Please help a girl out

Hello :)

So I have a Smok AL85 with a baby beast tank. My husband and I share coils and we are currently using the .2 ohm coil. It has 3 little cotton "holes" lol I don't know how else to say it but it's got 3 of them inside the coil rather than just the standard 1. My question is at what wattage should I be vaping whilst using this type of coil? I switched coils a few days ago but it taste like poop and has been basically since I changed the coil. Before it was hitting great. I've been setting it lower and lower to keep the nasty taste away but anything under 50-55 is just not satisfying to me. I like to stay between 60-80 if I can but these settings just make it taste terrible. I have also been using the same juice for about a year with different mods so I don't think it is the juice. These coils are made for this tank so I know there is a "sweet spot" somewhere, I am just unfamilar with all of the ins and outs of wattage, ohms, amps, volts, etc. I am education myself now but cannot seem to find any info on what settings are best for this type of coil. Can someone please be awesome and help me out?

thank you :)

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you prime your coils by putting juice on each of the three coils before you used it?

Did you prime your coils by putting juice on each of the three coils before you used it?

oh yes, I always make sure to prime. I'm not new to vaping, just new to this particular mod, but still have trouble understanding the "lingo" with ohms, volts, watss, etc. I'm sure the type of coil that came with it works best, but my husband and I share and he prefers the 3 coil so I just have to figure it out so theres no issues

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's your gear so don't let it tell you how to use it.:deadhorse:

Start at a lower power setting and bit by bit increase the power until you are getting the flavor and vapor that you want.

And that will be the correct setting for that coil and device:vino:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I assume you're using the t6 coil, that's besides the Q2 series the only coil that's in the 0.2 range, but since you mentioned 3 holes, t6 would be the only applicable. On the side of your coil you find the coils recommended and best wattage range smok thinks should be great for that coil. However smok sets their recommendations most of the times too high, so they can make more money with the replacements you gotta buy more frequently. This coil however is meant for 40-130 w but best at 70-90w. And here is that issue, while its meant for the baby tank, the mod plays a good part of that setup. I've tested all their coils before switching to rebuiltables and I found that this coil in particular doesn't do a good job in the lower and midrange wattage. In fact I had to use this coil @ around 83-91w, and yes that's above the actual recommendation, and since your mod only supports 85w that's an issue. Even if it could go higher, I found that running it on a 2 battery mod @ around 88 watt gave the best results at the end. I understand you guys like that coil, but I would look at the x4 or at the t8. Both of them work great at low as well as mid range wattage, with much better results in comparison, but if you want to stick with your t6, try at least the higher watt range for the al85 (70-80), because that coil just sucks lol, I wouldn't go further, just drains the batteries to fast and applies to much heat to that mod or switch mod and then run it at the 80+ range.

VU Sponsors