Become a Patron!

please help with info for my mod about battery

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just wondering I have a variable volts and vw mod and needing a button top battery that will last fed up changing and charging every 4 hours please give me some advice I know about the sony battery stuff but about the imr and other stuff just gets confusing what would u say also my mod goes up to 20 watts which I do not go any higher than 12 if that ..

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMR is a product code. "I" stands for Lithium-Ion, "M" stands for the Manganese based chemistry, and "R" stands for rechargeable.
Means they are generally considered safer chemistry. They are also recommended by a lot of VV or VW mod makers.
What size battery did you need for your device?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just wondering I have a variable volts and vw mod and needing a button top battery that will last fed up changing and charging every 4 hours please give me some advice I know about the sony battery stuff but about the imr and other stuff just gets confusing what would u say also my mod goes up to 20 watts which I do not go any higher than 12 if that ..
For a regular VV/VW device you do not need the power of the VTC4 or VTC5 match the battery to the need for you I would suggest the Efest 35A the LG 35A same batteries but if you can get a good deal also look for the Sony 18650 PD or the Sony 18650 CGR they are great batteries for 3-15 watt devices now if you are using a DNA based chip you will want to stay with the lg (Efext 35A) since the DNA only does 12amps its more than enough.

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For a regular VV/VW device you do not need the power of the VTC4 or VTC5 match the battery to the need for you I would suggest the Efest 35A the LG 35A same batteries but if you can get a good deal also look for the Sony 18650 PD or the Sony 18650 CGR they are great batteries for 3-15 watt devices now if you are using a DNA based chip you will want to stay with the lg (Efext 35A) since the DNA only does 12amps its more than enough.
I really have a problem I need one with button top an need it to last the 18650 for a volcano with aspire and sometime kanga mega for tank the

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use Efest 35A, are they good enuf to super sub-ohm?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for that one Immortal, you would need to wait for a super sub ohm vapor chaser to come along, sorry my man.

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What do you mean my super sub- ohm. I use them down to .2 and they work great they put out 20 amps continuous 35 amp pulse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super sub ohm meaning lower than .10, im running 22 guage sleeper w/ 4/5 wraps ohm @ .15, works good but gets really hot, really quick.. am i pushing theses batteries to far?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Super sub ohm meaning lower than .10, im running 22 guage sleeper w/ 4/5 wraps ohm @ .15, works good but gets really hot, really quick.. am i pushing theses batteries to far?
I do not do .10 so I cannot say I would suggest looking up one of the online calculators I would not suggest it... just for margin error of safety theoretically you are right on the boundaries...I would stay with 30amp batteries if you can find the VTC5's they are floating around

VU Sponsors